I'm Goin to Check Out These M3's in A Few Days. Any Input is Appreciated.

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Ben Official, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i've decided to go with the 98-99 coupe and am going to chicago to check out some i found on autotrader, along with some other cars like the 350z and cl but am pretty sure im going for the m3.

anyways, tell me what you think of the ones im looking at. next post.
    test
  2. Ben Official

test
  3. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

i only like the newer body style of the m3s make sure u have repair money in case something breaks cause we all know bmws are expensive to fix... imo id rather go for a 350z but between those i prob like the silver m3 the best..
    test
  4. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

I had one a long time ago.. it was dope... be prepared to sell limbs to fix/upgrade the car!
    test
  5. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I aswell mainly only like the 2000 and up bodystyle. I'm a bit partial too, but... either way, you'll probably love it.
    test
  6. Ben Official

what year did you have kraylen?
    test
  7. Kraylen

98 convertable
    test
  8. Ben Official

raw. im all over the m3 forum so i got pretty much all the info i need, but just curious, how much did you spend maintaining the car on a monthly basis?
    test
  9. Kraylen

i pulled my parts and did the work myself... performance parts were a bitch cause you can go cheap on a BMW... and a knock off kit even is expensive... it'll run you over 10 grand to stage 2 the car.. if your into that. assuming so since your buying a M3... a mechanic will fuck you in the ass on the bill too.... also, since your M3 is gonna be used who knows what the fuck is on the verge of happening.
    test
  10. Ben Official

true.

I just got back from a weekend of test driving various cars in addition to the m3.

rx8, 325ci, s4, gs 300, 530i, etc. m3 kills all.

i went to check out the 2 green ones. one with 54,000 that was a little over my price range and one with 105,000 on it. at first it scared me with such high milage but the previous owner was an old man who took perfect care of it. all service records were clean, and the 2 m's drove identical. i am SERIOUSLY considering buying it.
    test
  11. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

you'll take this:
    [​IMG]

over...
    [​IMG]

??

I'm a sucker for looks, but man... just can't see it.
    test
  12. Ben Official

hell yea man. the m3 has been my favorite car ever since i can remember.

i test drove a new rx8 and it was pretty raw but im not going for the all out sporty look, and the back seats were fuckin tiny in that shit. it was a fuckin ill car. dont get me wrong, but if i got one i would have to get a used one and i dont know... the rx8 is comparable to the m3 speed wise but too many people have them. m3 is a classic car man.

and what i said about buying the one with 105k on it, fuck that. im not gunna buy that many miles no matter what. ill keep lookin
    test
  13. Kraylen

I think RX8s are ugly... and Which S4 are you talking about? cause year for year the S4 shits on our chassis M3 IMO...
    test
  14. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

rx8 is one of the very few well designed cars lately.... actually has detail... character... looks like designers actually worked on it.

lines...curves...

not just another box.
    test
  15. Kraylen

They're cool.. I was just mad when they released it in.. 03? or whenever it was.. I used to own a RX7 a long time ago and was pissed when they made it 2 and a half door...
    test
  16. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

You know they're still releasing the rx7 too though, right?.... Looks like the 8, but without the silly door and with more power I believe.

been awhile since i've read about it though, so i just hope it's still on the books to happen.

rxheavens are still > rx8 regardless.

Did you have 1st or 2nd gen?
    test
  17. Kraylen

2 second gens. a gxl and a turbo 2.
    test
  18. NineFiveZeroOne

NineFiveZeroOne ^Da Phuck iT Mean?

get the 4th one, even though its a 4 door,they steal get down plus the deal is the better of them, plus later on down the road you will want a 4 door for certain things,i mean you can only do so much with a 2 door untill it turns into a hassle.
    test
  19. NotorIET

NotorIET New Member

Heres my advice: Don't buy an M3. Or any BMW for that matter. They're over priced and under powered. Go for a good used mercedes or an Audi.
    test
  20. Ben Official

i foudn the one im buying. im going the 2nd week in october to drive it and will buy it if everything checks out.

i will never own a benz my friend. i want something reliable.

and yea, s4s do shit on m3s speed wise, and i could actually drive it in the snow here in wisconsin, but my mind is made up. if i was to get an s4 probly like the same year or a little newer, whatever i could get for around 20.

the m3 i am gunna get is silver, perfect condition, babied, one owner, 60k miles, beauty. cant wait. hope everythign checks out well. ill post pics when i get it but heres the link...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...or2=&engine=&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=250

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yessir
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.