I'm getting really bored of you guys worshipping these "street" rappers...

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Eyerate, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

you're all a bunch of fucking hypocrites. you hate on these "nerd birds" like your favorite street rapper isnt just LARPing about hood shit. to quote myself:

"the glorification of the "street hustle" and all that other bullshit is nothing more than dungeons and dragons for hood nerds. its LARPing. probably shoot 20 sided dice in the alley."

"i got this +5 chain of swag and +20 goons of annoyance. GUNCLAP! GUNCLAP! GUNCLAP!"

sure, there may be an exception in head ice... MAYBE. or hes got you all tricked, which is much more likely. but lets keep it reality here. anyone doing any real dirt isnt gonna get on camera and fucking rap about it. so why pretend?

i'll tell you why.. because its fun and its a way to create a character. nothing more. does it bother you that in REALITY fresco has more of a right to spit gun bars than most of your favorite "hood" battlers?

lil 8th ave was the closest thing to a real hood dude battling has ever seen... and he was awful. same goes for every battle rapper ive ever heard that actually has the arrest record to back up the bars. they're thugs, not guys who rhyme words well. the rest of these "criminals" are going to "jail" for bullshit small time possession charges and other not-so-nefarious dealings related to them being stupid. so why all the partisanship? its all make believe. *insert hood rapper here* toting hammers on the block has the same likelihood of being true as elfamail fucking your mother.

unless of course the argument is that you prefer to hear people make believe about drugs, guns, murder, etc instead of more directly defamatory material. for me personally, its all the same. its entertainment and nothing more. when the cameras turn off most of these guys go back to their normal lives at normal jobs doing normal shit. the "street dream" doesnt exist, at least not for battle rappers.

[​IMG]
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. BunchaDivas

BunchaDivas New Member

test
  3. Troy504

Troy504 T. Riley-GTGA

So youre getting mad that people like something you dont like?

I mean i prefer street rap, but im not gonna get mad and make a thread if a nigga tell me his favorite battler is Kid Twist.

We all know most battling is fake by now, whether it be gun shooting or being a warlock or watever dumb shit.

Niggas just like what entertains them more.
    test
  4. Browser

Browser 455450

ignorant thread.

you're taking things too seriously.

plus, the "street rappers" tend to be the better actual rappers. which is far more interesting than jokes and personals in rhyme schemes
    test
  5. Warren Zimmer

Warren Zimmer Active Member

arent you the same guy that voted against madchild for talking about his career in the dbd battle..when in reality every single battle/status on fb/twitter dirtbag dan talks about how hes living off music.

so your opinion since then doesn't matter.
    test
  6. BunchaDivas

BunchaDivas New Member

gun rappers talking about shooting me is more realistic than charron fucking my mother, let alone him losing his virginity
    test
  7. Eyerate

i never said i dont like it... in fact, i stated in that very post that "ITS ALL THE SAME TO ME."

and nah, i dont think so. some of the shit ive been reading around here sounds like these fervent URL/smack/street dickriders are convinced these guys are kingpins. its retarded. thats the point of this thread.
    test
  8. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

He was close till Fresco yammed his opportunity outta thin air. D.e.nver Colorado.
    test
  9. retribution11

retribution11 New Member

lol you hate rap that speaks about street violence? do you even listen to hip hop? sort yourself out mate. In addition, the assumption that no street rapper can back up what they say is broad, vague and just plain wrong.
    test
  10. Panda...

Panda... New Member

call shotgun suge a faggot to his face and i'll respect u then
    test
  11. Browser

Browser 455450

nothing in this post is remotely true.

you can't listen to head ice, tech 9, math hoffa, arsonal, hitman holla, yung ill, aye verb, whoever--and say they sound the same. i'd say their styles are more varied than any other league. the talent pool may be smaller, but it's stronger, and more diverse.

also, no one who's posts are worth reading thinks these guys are king pins... you're setting up straw men.
    test
  12. Eyerate

yes, that would be me. and community consensus, if it isnt already, will soon be that DBD was robbed. i know the opinions i hold in high esteem agree with me(sans one, but hes a BIG swollen fan and thus not counted).

what i ACTUALLY said was "your music doesnt fucking matter. its what you do right there in front of those cameras in those 3 rounds."

let me spell that out for you... essentially what i said was "I'm not judging this battle on the fact that this guy sold 800k records and is a 'legend' in the canadian hiphop scene. I'm judging on the 3 rounds they spit that i am tasked with judging." i apologize, i guess in the future i should give my judgements in QP fashion and explain shit 3 or 4 times for the "special" viewers.
    test
  13. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

*drinks beer and watches*
    test
  14. God of rap

God of rap Active Member

I just like good battlers :)
    test
  15. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna front like i don't prefer the "hood" content more but i fuck with battlers who are good at rapping which is why Illmac is in my top 5.
    Also very ignorant and naive imo to believe that none of the "street" battlers live the life they portray. but it's not even about that, for the most part they are rapping about what they grew up around. Fresco isn't. I still fuck with Fresco (homo) heavy but i'm baffled that you think he has more of a right to spit gun bars than "hood" rappers? can you explain this?
    test
  16. Eyerate

actually, its not. you should meet some of these "gun rappers" sometime. they're actually pretty polite, normal, suburban guys. some of them have white collar jobs.

and elfa is a fucking degenerate. i love him for it.
    test
  17. Eyerate

you cant read very well. go back to school.
    test
  18. Eyerate

thats really not a big deal. why you guys think shit like that matters in the slightest absolutely astounds me. as i dont intend to ever bother watching shotgun suge rap, i dont think we'll be crossing paths. sorry. i also dont sling insults at people who dont deserve it as im not in 5th grade.
    test
  19. GzUpHozDwn

GzUpHozDwn New Member

u probably would of said the same thing about... cassidy, turk, lil boosie, prodigy, ti, etc...

u really think some of these guys dont carry guns. come on. there is a gun made every 10 seconds in the u.s

a lot of average people, not from the hood carry guns. how is it hard to believe that somebody from newark, detroit, brooklyn, atlanta, chicago, la, would carry a gun or really be about that. battle rap is not no million dollar shit, these dudes are goin straight back to the hood. what u think happens in the hood
    test
  20. retribution11

retribution11 New Member

strong response. you win this thread, bro.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.