I'm Excited For Shogun Vs Bones..

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

yeah jones being the favorite surprised me an pissed me off.. i wanted to bet a lot on him with good odds straight up but now ima have to take out one them special bets, certain round finish, etc..
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I'm not really surprised that Jones is the favourite, he's been so dominant in all of his UFC wins that most people probably think that he's more than likely to beat Shogun. Most of the betters aren't going to know Shogun from his old days.

On my book it's pretty much a pick 'em. Shogun's at +174, Jones is at -194. Jones was a heavy favourite at first, I bet a lot of money has come in on Shogun. Still betting Jones.

The comedian in that video that was posted.
    test
  3. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Thanks man I appreciate the clarification bruh.My PC didn't show the video that was posted...and Shogun should have the edge among knowledgeable MMA heads.Shogun's resume is probably the best in the MMA LHW division; he's faced a trillion times the competition that Jones has and has performed amazingly well.Shogun is not ACCIDENTALLY the LHW champ.This will be very good and there is NO way that Jones subs Shogun. Jones can win by pushing the pace,using his range,repeated jabs,resurrecting the "unusual" strikes and moves that he used in the earlier part of his career (like in his fight v Bonnar),resurrecting the lead sidekick and doubling or tripling it,and repeatedly taking Shogun down (but don't stay there for long cuz Shogun can grab Jones' extra long limbs to lever and sub him) like Lyoto did,apply strategic gnp and then back up to his feet.

Shogun will start hammering at Jones' slim legs with those brutal MT leg kicks,use strategic blitzes to close the distance,hurl knees, body kicks,body punches,and head shots.Jones is susceptible to head shot combos,he tends to duck his head inexpertly under combo shots which leaves him open to knees,jumping knees,uppercuts,kicks,etc.
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Jones has to work on that flat front foot too, that's like a homing beacon for vicious leg kicks.
    test
  5. DethStryque

You know what? I aaaalllllwaaaays have to tell my newer students that very thing.I say it so much that when I start off saying it,everybody else chimes in and finishes.Lol.So right after I tell them? I kick them.And THEN alluva sudden they GET IT! Lol.

Right after I tell them this I make their footwork more correct.They tend to bounce too high off of their feet instead of gliding on the balls of their feet;bouncing off of the ground is an invitation to being knocked off your feet by kicks,takedowns,punches,weapons,and all kindsa stuff you don't want.That's why I spend sooo much stance on the essential trio: perception,position (which includes stance and posture),footwork (incudes pressure).These three are the foundation for anything and everything you can/will do thereafter.
    test
  6. jayoo

his footwork will be on point, he has small legs he knows he cant mess with shoguns kicks

as far as jones not being able to sub him.. chances are against it, but shogun has been choked out 2 times, yeah by people with better subs on paper than jones.. still im just gonna throw it out there that you shouldnt sleep on jons subs you'll be surprised

and back to the legs.. i think even with work hes gonna take a few kicks he'll be sore after the fight no matter what the result is, them legs are a target lmao i remember stanbro his wrestling coach used to get on em all the time bout havin chicken legs.. shogun will definitely capitalize on it
    test
  7. DethStryque

Shogun will be on for this fight,best believe.He won't get sub'd.Not happening.And Jones' domination of Bader Vera and ole dude he tapped before Bader made it impossible to sleep on Jones' subgame.Ole dude got real skills and I reeeeaaaallly like ole dude.I really hope that brutha keeps rippin it up.But Shogun is no kind of joke at all,and I'd feel better if Jones had fought say Rampage or Thiago or Forrest or each of these guys first before he fought Rua.I don't want him fighting Lyoto,as stylistically that's a pretty bad matchup.Hell,Lyoto's a bad matchup for EVERYBODY.But if Jones or Silva doesn't hold the title? I want Rashad or Lyoto to hold it.Really.

And just for the record? Jones is undefeated.Allat crap about his DQ loss? GTHOH.
    test
  8. jayoo

i think jones would be a bad match stylistically for machida, why do you think other way around? just curious. i remember when machida was champ people kept saying jones has the length and style to beat him, i always felt that way too.

for some reason i feel more nervous for jon against rampage than shogun, i think technically shogun is better but i think jon can hang.. with rampage one shot.. i dont know if he can take that kinda power in a punch yet, makes me more nervous. then again shogun has knees i just dont think he'll get them off on jon.. as strong as shogun is in the clinch your gonna be REAL surprised by jon, he might be one of the best in the ufc in the clinch, or soon to be.

and because your against the sub so much im gonna have to call for it haha

jones by choke.
    test
  9. D Boone

D Boone Well-Known Member

Shit pissed me off too for the same reason, I was expecting Jones to at least be +110.

Last fight I got even money $500 for prop bet, "Fight will not make it to the 3rd rd".

I'm still dropping a stack on Jones, easy money IMO
    test
  10. DethStryque

Machida is a bad matchup for anybody not named Silva,and he's the ONLY guy in the UFC who can go 5 hard striking rounds with Anderson (but Anderson still wins). Machida is a bad matchup for Jones because of his technical brilliance,his defensive wizardry and the fact that he's the only LHW who can match Jones with surprise techniques,footwork,and the arsenal to hang with Jones everywhere that the fight goes.Lol Jones by choke? I know he's your boi an I definitely want him to do very well and take the LHW title if not now then in the near future...but Machida is The Dragon.His defense,his unusual hybrid Machida karate style,his ability to exploit technical lapses and frustrations in his opponent is ridiculous.Jon still has the habit of dropping his head when he's rushed by hard hitting strikers of superior experience and technical prowess.

Lyoto would win that fight as it currently stands,and Lyoto said he'd fight until he gets his title back,soooo...let's see if Dana doesn't get in the LHW's face again.
    test
  11. jayoo

if machida loses to couture he might be cut dana said.

and only silva can match against machida? what about shogun?

once again you'll be surprised if he ever fights jon, same as i said before jon got into the ufc, same as i said before jon fought bonnar, and same as i said before he fought bader. nobody said jon would standup and beat machida, but IF they ever fight ill put whatever money i have that machida cant stop jon from taking him down.
    test
  12. DethStryque

I definitely think Jon wil take Machida down.I also think Machida can/will take Jon down...and on his back is where we will learn more about Jon.I've never seen him on his back before for any length of time against any elite opponent.Don't get it wrong or twisted my brutha...I WANT JON JONES OR RASHAD EVANS TO BE LHW CHAMP.If not them? Machida or Rua or Silva.

Shogun is a hella fighter,but he was losing the rematch against THE DRAGON until he caught Machida with that temple shot...exactly how Tarver was losing to Roy until he caught him with that blind punch in round 2.The difference is that Machida bounced back much better.He got robbed against Rampage and he schools Randy.I don't want Randy to fight Machida,but ya gotta respect Randy's competitive drive man.
    test
  13. jayoo

i wanna see couture pull the win i bet dana would give him a title shot if he did and once jon wins he'll have an easy first defense lmao na but honestly machida should walk through couture.. he couldnt even handle kicks from vera who yeah is nice with kicks but machida is another level with the way he puts combos together

i wonder if couture can control machida though, thats the question to me
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.