I'm Excited For Shogun Vs Bones..

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

I havent looked forward to a fight this much in a long time..
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Shogun via sweep into rape choke........I hope

Not big on Bones
    test
  3. NOBLE SOLDIER

why not? i really like both of these guys..
    test
  4. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Bones has kind of a stuck up attitude and likes to look down on people......****us that dude always has something to say on twitter....kinda irksome.....****us his hype train is mad annoying
    test
  5. NOBLE SOLDIER

idk.. i get a good vibe from him.. he deserves to be cocky.. nh..
    test
  6. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I agree. Comes off as a holier-than-thou moraliser. Talking about snitching on kids who had weed? Fuck that shit.
    test
  7. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I hate that ... Plus is edited.
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

LMAO.. the thing is, and nobody will ever believe me.. but if he snitched in i would know, our groups were very similar, i knew far more people dealing with weed and then some.. there's no way he snitched and nobody heard about it, it's not a big town.

im not even saying that in defense, its just that literally nobody around here has ever heard anything about it, not even heard him say it, this is a story thats solely online.. does anyone have the interview link? i always hear about it but never seen it..

ps: demi-god why are u watching his twitter if it bothers u? lmao..

his whole life did a 180 in a matter of 5-6 months imagine going from nothing but a bouncing job at a local bar to fighting against shogun for the belt 3 years later..

what has he said tho? ive never seen him come off an say something about anyone without it being a response to something.

look at us on the boards.. one minute were discussing something the next were calling each other idiots.. why when someone gets on tv they cant be like everyone else anymore?
    test
  9. Tha Cunnysmythe

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/12-Questions-for-Jon-Jones-21220

It's his responses that are irksome. Take his massive overreaction to Aaron Simpson. Simpson didn't really say anything offensive, and Jones went at him about his losses and implied that he could be sacked. And whining about wanting to slap Thiago Silva in the face...

He's an awesome fighter, I think he just tries to live up to its a certain reputation that he doesn't really embody, and it comes off as fake.
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I don't but everything MMA related ends up on Sherdog......his nuthuggers on there are the worst....well....almost the worst.....the brockhuggers were the worst
    test
  11. jayoo

see.. the thing is... it makes it sound like he snitched regularly on some informant shit thats not even possible, along with the fact that he smoked weed.. i cant say he does now but before gusmao fight? we blazed, then we blazed watching it on dvd.. before bonnar? we blazed.. lmao no lie, i dont get it but once that shits out like that nobody will ever believe different so i guess thats just the image he wanted, now hes got it

as far as the simpson shit.. if he talked about him gettin sacked thats a little over the top i didnt see all that? at same time simpson should mind his weightclass he cant fight jon dont talk about jon thats my opinion..

the silva shit.. he made hype for a possible future fight is what i thought, he said 1 single thing about it and he was in a position where a thiago fight mighta made sense

to each his own though, im also friends with him so.. it doesnt come across the same to me, whereas other fighters i dont know personally might get to me
    test
  12. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

A-Train was just hyping his friend up.....Bones went all dickweed on him
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

The problem is that the shit is incongruous. We only see what he shows in the cage and on the Internet. When the two conflict with each other, people get pissed and he'll get a backlash from people who start to think that he's fake. GSP is congruent: he's a good guy. Nick Diaz is congruent: he's a dick.

I think he should just do him. If he tries to be too good in public, the cracks are going to show and people will turn on him. That said, I actually like him more knowing that he smoked before his fights...
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

too bad shoguns nickname wasnt "flesh"

then the fight could be called Flesh and Bones
    test
  15. jayoo

i definitely understand what your sayin, like i said its different for me because i know him and that definitely plays in how he comes across to me

but yeah true story, clearly it's not during training or close to fight but when he finds out who he fights that used to be the time to blaze its so crazy because we did that an watched some footage on bonnar now hes down at jacksons camp with a gameplan for shogun

i remember when he wasnt even in ufc and i posted about him on here.. i dunno if the board saves posts that far back? probably in '07 or '08
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

it's a persona, he's still one hell of a MMA fighter
    test
  17. D Boone

D Boone Well-Known Member

test
  18. Tha Cunnysmythe

Not a Jones hater, but totally a Williams hater now. That shit is entirely unfunny.
    test
  19. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Who's Williams? And even though I'd love to see Jones beat Rua,I think Rua is the favorite and deservedly so.Too many peeps are sleepin on Rua.I think Jones has what it takes to beat Rua,but I think this fight may be a year or two too soon for Jones.I'd love Anderson to scrap with Rua for the LHW belt or a threematch between Lyoto and Rua for the belt,but I think Dana will keep Lyoto as far away from a title shot as possible.I also think that Lyoto beat Rampage (I didn't see Round 1 but I saw highlights of it and Lyoto seemed to be winning that with leg kicks and sneaky punches,and Lyoto dominated the 3rd round) so I'd like to see Lyoto get the LOSER of Rua/Bones while Rashad fights THE WINNER.After he beats Page or whoever again.
    test
  20. NOBLE SOLDIER

chea.. Bones is a beast..

@DethStryke - Early lines had Jon as the favorite.. i dont agree.. it should be an even line.. but the betting trend will slide to Jones more and more before the fight..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.