Im convertin to Reasonism

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by KSoundz, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kojo

kojo New Member

download the demo, really man it's ill.

http://www.arturia.com/en/minimoog/mvspecs.php

check the synth engine, the filters, knobs, parameters that are used for tweaking. youre not getting the same experience taking dry samples from an actual minimoog and loading it into a sampler such as the NN19.
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its a synth emulation i believe
    test
  3. kojo

kojo New Member

yes, thats why i mentioned the romplers like hypersonic/sampletank part in my earlier post about the other cats who were trying to say they were better than Reason. when you take the FX away from those they will be basically the same as Reason's stuff, that is very true. Were basically on the same side, but I was just against the notion that VST usage is lame. there are other dedicated VSTs such as Lounge Lizard which will do the job better because thats what they were programmed only to do unlike Reason which IMO is a solid Jack-of-all-trades solution, but youll be paying a premium for them, and for some its worth it.
    test
  4. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

.......VST's use programmed samples just like anything else.......even the hardware uses programmed samples....its just that the keyboards output the sound in a far more true form than a VST, reason's sounds were recorded the same exact way as any other VST.....the VST is an emulator......thats IT, it is not an exact replica of the real hardware....and ur buying the name....not the software....and hardly the development....especially when ur dealin with moogs....ur buying the name......

these VSTs that ya'll buy got all kinda gay effects drenched on em trickin u to think them shits is official.....when really the violin aint gonna sound no better or no more "real" as ya'll like to say

the life in the instruments is how u play it

if u play guitars on ur keyboard like u play a piano, the shit is gonna sound fake.......

and i kno this because i'm an engineer......not an audio engineer........a real engineer, who knos electricity/analog/digital concepts and i kno how these things work.....

so dont get caught up in the VST hype....if u gonna get a moog....get a real moog.....not that fake shit
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

great post
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

how so its really just a sound module that allows u to sequence if u think about it it has 3 samplers that all do about the same thing and 2 synths it has a sequencer and fx but most people will agree that u only mix in reason if u have to not kuz u want to
    test
  7. kojo

kojo New Member

youre right and that applies to a sampler VST such as Kontakt or a rompler like a Triton or Motif when comparing to the Reason NNXT version in that case they are equal for the most part. but all Im saying is an actual synthesizer such as the Minimoog plugin, they rely on oscilators to make/tweak sounds just like the hardware that it emulates, and that is completely different than what u get from a Reason NNXT patch or a Triton patch sampled FROM a minimoog. But im tired, maybe Im misreading and if so im sorry but, are you saying its not cool to use a sampled Minimoog Lead in Reason or use the minimoog VST because its not the actual hardware unit?
    test
  8. kojo

kojo New Member

i think you kinda answered your own question. it can do ALL those things. but out of curiousty, so youre not mixing in Reason, what are you mixing in? Pro Tools? Sonar? Cubase? and are you using those programs' stock FX only?

But as for this thread, ive said my piece, this place is cooler than FP cuz you get a lot of good viewpoints on things, i must say that.
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I dont see how that makes it a jack of all trades its not strong in everything. It still doesnt record and the fx aren't bad but they aren't great either they just work for what u need. For what it is reason is about the equivlaent of any hardware workstation given the right controllers. Everything on my myspace is in reason standalone but lately Ive been rewiring reason to sonar. I use Reasons fx a lot but Im starting to play with the waves diamond bundle. And I like this place kuz it is a free forum u just say whatever the fuck u want and if someone doesnt like it u dont get the owner cryin to u about it. I stay censored on FP lol. Theres more easily accessable knowledge on fp than there is here tho. It kinda sucks kuz there is better talent here and a lot more experience. It sucks that the newbs fuck it up but theres cats that have been makin beats for 5 or 6 years or even urb whos been at it for over a decade who have a shit load of info to contribute. If cats didnt shit on em Im sure they would share more. Its a double edged sword i guess
    test
  10. kojo

kojo New Member

yes man i know, thats the figure of speech, jack of all trades, master of none. i was too lazy to type out the whole thing, but i thought you got what i was saying based off the VST shyt, but my fault for all that. yeah this site has some of the best talent ive heard, cats like Urb, premize, sol, Info, fmajor, etc. i could go on, itll be great to see what some of you guys do on more major projects, just a matter of time i guess.
    test
  11. urban_tactics

maybe u dont kno what an oscillator is

....a true oscillator is simply a circuit that produces an alternating current....sort of like a Sine wav waving back and forth....its an actual piece of hardware

those VSTs are emulating oscillators....and the NNXT also has [virtual] oscillators as well as any respectable soft synth......

EVERY single piece of electonic equipment u can think of.....even the cheapest watch from big lots has an oscillator inside of it.......

so the fact it has an oscillator is pretty much trivial in this argument, because non of them are TRUE oscillators....they are all virtual....u will only get true oscillating effects from their hardware counterparts
    test
  12. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

lmao @ this nigga
    why would you want to buy a real moog which is fucking expensive as hell when you can get the fucking VST with unnoticable differences. who cares if the fucking waves aren't exact replicas of the hardware. the fucking software sounds good and thats all that matters u fucking simon. and by the way there is a way to play a guitar on the keyboard and have it sound real. niggas aint buying the shit because its an moog emulation. they're buyin the shit for the way it sounds, and the sound catches their ear so they fucking buy it. you fucking dumb nugget. get your fuckin dirty ass lab coat outta here you fucking fake ass middle class son of a rocket scientist
    test
  13. urban_tactics

tell your mother i said whats up.....
    test
  14. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

these threads still exist?
    test
  15. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

truthfully, if you wanna be 100% real with yourselves.... You know this isnt gonna effect how you make money off this shit...
    test
  16. urban_tactics

how is that so?

yall only claim to fame is 9th wonder........

nobody wants weak soundin beats
    test
  17. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

the vanz song was made in fruity
    test
  18. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

u kno...as much as I dont like FL...
    it seems like its becoming an "industry tool"

think about it......

20 yrs ago, the TR-808 was made for Rock drummers to do demos on...
    they thought it was wack, and no one bought it, so the price dropped, alot of em ended up in pawn shops and low income dudes from the hood bought it...and it became a staple in hiphop proiduction...

5 years ago....FL was made for Techno dudes...
    they thought it was wack...
    since it was only 30MB...low income niggas from the hood could log on Kazaa w/ there 56K Modem and start makin beats that day....even on a 1995 ass PackardBell since theres no system requirements

and now theres that Vans song that was obviously made in FL....Laffy Taffy....and of course 9th Wonder....
    Oh yea, and the dude from DFB who made "Oh I Think Dey Like Me" and "Lean Wit It Rock Wit It" did those in FL...
    test
  19. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

^^ I think main beef is... the amount of wack, fad, ignorant muhfuckas usin FL jus cuz its easy to download, compared to the wack people wit reason... is ridiculously disproportionate, cuz like I said... anyone can download FL, even 56k can get that shit ina day, its easy too bootleg n you dun needa keyboard...

but like you said mayn... poor ass peoples wit nuthin use FL, nobody really industry... its not like alchemist or storch or blaze or timbaland or the neptunes said "oh shit peoples using fruity loops gotta go home n download that" ... as compared to the industry producers who use reason cuz that shits jus industry, not as kiddy feelin/lookin...

but in the end chyea... whuteva gets the feria $$ n radio play is whut really matters mayn.. the rest is jus some kinda industry semantics mayn
    test
  20. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

plus mayn... fruity loops users is like gay rights people, they make sure everyone knows whut they doin n how they doin it... when no one wants to hear it or really gives a shit to begin wit, but the fact peoples is always shovin it in ya face get annoyin ya know
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.