Im convertin to Reasonism

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by KSoundz, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

xabition you know wats up. these guys are not aint full fledged producers. all those vsts come with pre effects. same with motif. they all hav effects. now if your smart enough all you reallt gotta do in reason is add the right reverb to eahc instrument. cuz they are all dry unless u use the combinator patches.

reason sounds shit on the shitty triton anyday.

vsts are for lames i fyou ask me.
    test
  2. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

welp i was reffering to reason 1.0 tats why i switched to fruity loops
    i know they got db meters in 3.5 but shit nigga do they Have VST SUPPOrt. no nigga shut the fuck up. and lmao @ them niggas thinkin im a bing bing. wtf
    test
  3. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

yo i know how to tweak reason sounds u crazy if u think not..

All i use Are Combinator Patches i layer and add fx and everything i can tweak reason sounds...

But the Quality Levels are diffrent compared to E-mu Proteus X and Hypersonic 2 which is nice cause sounds are ready to go at a click
    test
  4. diabolic

And like i said i Prefer Nuendo 3 and 4-5Vsti,Hypersonic 2,Proteus X,MiniMonsta,KontaKT with waves Dimond bundle for my FX Needs i think its a very sick Combo and dont forget i got reason 3 just havnt found a need for it
    test
  5. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

but no one did... keep downloadin refills
    test
  6. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

everytime I hear a hypersonic synth, I can't help but to laugh....
    test
  7. Premize Prod

i dont use reason either you fucking idiot. i jsut said that you black turd.
    test
  8. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

hahaha aw man. you guys could argue for days
    test
  9. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

i aint read the whole thread nigga... the fuck, you want me to examine every last word you said through 6 pages nigga? dont be comin at me wit that cock fiend shit...
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed. i also think it gives the fantom a run for its money tho it aint fuckin wit the motif
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

well how do u compare the first version of something to the 3rd. Cubase 1 aint got shit on Cubase 3 theres a reason why they upgrade lol. and when did 3.5 drop? Fuck vst support if u know how to use reason and have any decent experience with it u will realise why u dont need a vst
    test
  12. Beatboss

well my nigga. i make compositions also and the reason strings are kinda weak. so i use the eastwest symphonic orchestra
    test
  13. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

reason basically is a vst....wtf...
    test
  14. Beatboss

yeah mayn
    i use minimonsta too
    that shit is good for bass and leads
    test
  15. diabolic

test
  16. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i can kinda agree with that some of the strings that come with reason are weak but that can be fixed just touch a few knobs lol
    test
  17. kojo

kojo New Member

I've been feeling a most of what you, Urb, and Premize have been saying since I came up on Reason and still use it now and then. but I gotta say Reason stock is NOT equivalent to that VST; however, if were talking about the miroslav refills in the case of orchestral instruments then it is somewhat comparable, but hell for the end product, our target listeners arent going to give a fuck all they will hear are strings LOL. just to play devil's advocate it is the way the instruments are sampled, programmed, and assigned for each key in addition to the FX used on them that make some VSTs superior to reason patches. Romplers such as Hypersonic and Sampletank which madd cats with FL pirate and make doodoo tracks with arent the best representatives of what VSTs are capable of.

Try out Lounge Lizard or use a Steinberg Grand, those emulate the real thing more accurately than Reason does. In reason, there are a lot of NNXT/NN19 samples of vintage hardware such as the minimoog and the arp2600. But that is what they are...samples....the Real hardware and their enhanced VST emulations are on a whole different level, theres a reason these things can cost as much or more so than a version of Reason. That isnt to say Reason is inferior, you can create some awesome patches you cant do anywhere else with it (that combinator is great); however, the same can be said with VSTs, you dont gotta pick one over the other.
    test
  18. Premize Prod

Kojo your whole argument got fucked over when u started talkin about the minimoog. How can u say the minimoog hardware and vst are on the same level but the reason one isn't because its just samples. Well wat the hell is the vst.
    test
  19. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

My Triton/Fantom/ES patches in NNXT come to life with some verb and other FX...im satisfied.

I also use VSTS...

but its all put together in FL.

I need to try recording into cubase with this setup and see if there is any significant difference

im not sure if there is
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

ur comparing vsts to a program that costs almost as much as it does ur not gonna get the same value so of course most of the more expensive vsts will sound better than reason because they had more money to put into it than the did with reason but lets be honest the reason default sounds arent bad if u know how to work them. and thats the whole thing u have to know how to work them u can make them sound that good but out of the box they arent going to. i would hope nobody is comparing the sounds that are drenched in fx to the dry ones provided with reason
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.