Im convertin to Reasonism

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by KSoundz, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

they are not really different. theres no big difference between making a new pattern and doing it the reason way. You are still gonna end up copying and pasting the shit for the most part. The only thing I don't like about reasons sequencer is that its a little harder to change notes and velocitys than in fl. I still need to learn alot in reason especially setting up my drums but I can lay down a composed beat quicker in reason and a sampled one in fl.
    test
  2. kojo

kojo New Member

I've had several years of experience with both

FL to Cubase is definitely an upgrade
    FL to Reason, well somewhat...Reason has a better sequencer IMO, but I can use better sounds and FX in FL. However, when someone in the industry asked what I use before they even heard my beats, I would state Reason without hesitation.
    Doesnt matter to me tho, I just use cubase, hardware, and VSTs now instead of either of the two, except when im at my partner's studio it's Reason 3.0 cuz that's all he knows.
    test
  3. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

well the thing about the producers on this board is they are LAZY. yes the reason they dont want to try different software/hardware is because they are comfortable in wat they use IE FL and since they are fluent in it they dont want to learn nothing new because it takes time and dedication, but they are to lazy for that. i aint gon front im kinda like that. but not to the point where it makes me ignorant. ill buy new hardware, and try new software because i know when i get it down toa science, it might end up being more effiecent than wat i was using before. IE my mpc.
    test
  4. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

bottom line

I Own Reason 3.0 and FL6

Reason is very tight with a amazing work flow but the Refills out there just aint touching Vsti like Hypersonic 2 and MiniMonsta

FL is Tight but it kina does fuck ur drums up and also its very buggy at times.

And the Vsti out there are Amazing for Sounds

If Reason had Pro Refills with a whole genre of sounds like like Hypersonic 2 it would be a wrap

Also Using Vsti like Hypersonic in FL is a Nightmare....

U gotta make Midi Out channles and when u choose the Main Plug in channle to change the sound it closes everything and ur back to square one..

makes browsing a bitch...

They both got ups and downs
    test
  5. diabolic

Oh and I do Layer and Tweak Sounds in Reason and i got 30gb of refills including the Sonic Realty Box Set but they all aint touching Most Vsti and thats all thats realy lacking from the program but i do think its fare better the FL
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

who gives a fuck about refills??

orkester and the basic refill is all the instruments u need

what i would like to kno is what exactly are u mafuckaz lookin for?

cats just be gettin sounds just to be gettin sounds..........i never understood the point of hording sounds.......its retarded.....but thats just me

its no big deal to rewire reason into cubase bc if u call urself a producer, u would be doing it anyway

reason is a soft synth....thats it.....thats its only purpose

u cats are so brainwashed by the idea of fruity loops that u tend to think all beat making software should be like fruity loops.......when infact, fruity loops is the program thats really breakin the rules by attempting to be this all in one program......but its garbage.....

VSTs are simply overrated....the shit cats keep namin over and over are nowhere near impressive in any way whatsoever
    test
  7. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

test
  8. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Man we can fo on 20 npages about fruity loop lovers. But wats the point. They are the fly by night fad producers who will eventually quit anyway.
    test
  9. diabolic

So ur saying its an instrument only?just cause it states it on the box doesnt mean u cant use it to Produce a whole track..The Sequencer is acturally pretty Nice ...
    test
  10. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

^^ chyea but how you gun lay down vocals decently... cuz layin down a "whole track" seem like vocals included nahmean mayn
    test
  11. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

Good for you.....now make some beats and shut the fuck up......
    test
  12. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

i agree for the most part
    test
  13. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

now how in the hell would u do that?

slice vocals up in dr. rex and murder your RAM with a 55mb wav file set in the sequencer?

lmao......come on man

do u even use reason?
    test
  14. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

FL Studio 6 + Rewire Cubase = Banging drums | Clean Sound PRe Mixing

So Yeah, I'll stick with my formula.
    test
  15. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

I'm tellin you FLers If you rewire FL thru cubase and track your beats out like that, even for a two track reference... it will sound cleaner than using FL as a stand alone. and them drums will knock. Ive tested it many times.
    test
  16. DJ ABD

DJ ABD New Member

hahaha mayn... why do all that shiet when you can jus cop Reason cabron?
    I dun see why you go through all that mayn... crazy muhfuckas haha mayn
    test
  17. DJ ABD

DJ ABD New Member

haha... you shieted on that muhfucka mayn... got a cabron ova here cryin and shiet hahaha nahmean mayn
    test
  18. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

fuck reason, thats why. ive tried reason, i dont like it. i

Once you set a template in Cubase, all you gotta do is open FL and all ur instruents are set and all u gotta do is real time record itinto cubase and u done..

Thats all.

i'll do that for quality
    test
  19. DJ ABD

DJ ABD New Member

^^ read this mayn
    test
  20. diabolic

??what the fuck are u talking about man ??i didnt mean vocals and all?

i ment producing a whole beat in reason and yes i do use and own it...

but i been mainly using Steinberg Nuendo 3 And Steinberg Hypersonic 2
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.