illmac aint so little anymore yall

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by EmceeGoddess, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C r a i g

C r a i g New Member

EF you mentioned EG got 30,000 posts, but he been here since 03, youre on 8,000 since last year, so at that rate by the time you've been here as long as EG, youl be at like 60k+

I dunno why the fuck EF and EG got beef they got alot in common both major battle nerds
    test
  2. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Umm, no, did you not read my post bro? I said that people mentioning how many posts I have is irrelevant because EG has over 30,000.

I really need to further explain my posts before I click submit.
    test
  3. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

All I said was I saw two moderators going in on a poster. And that every person has opinions. I didn't say you shouldn't post because youre a mod or you shouldn't go in as a moderator. I didn't and I don't believe that. EF said that as a Mod he couldn't believe I was talking about being against arguing on the internet or something. The point I was making is that there ARE NOT different posting rules for Mods and for him to play the 'but youre a mod!" card against me was moot, especially in this thread. Hopefully you aren't offended by my post it wasn't as controversial as people seem to think. I don't hate anyone.
    test
  4. ErikForeman

Nah, since this is in question, allow me to explain to you what I actually said.

I said "for a moderator, you sure are anti-forum".

What I mean by this is, you accepted your position as a moderator. This wasn't just accepting a change in name color, you were accepting a responsibility on the net. Responsibilities are to be taken at least a little bit serious, correct?

Well, then you can't get mad at people taking the internet serious, because you've already done so by taking a position of power. You are no longer "just a casual poster".

It was not a moot point.
    test
  5. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

alien abortion kid with tortoise skin

yo its almost christmas lets just get eachother gifts and drink eggnog
    test
  6. ville2ville

As a Moderator-well as the person I am- I just have issues with threads like these that are basically flame wars. That has nothing to do with being mad at people taking the internet serious. I'm on RM a LOT. A LOT. I never said it was a problem, and didn't talk down on people who are on it a lot. I didn't say everyone should be a casual poster. I just gave shared my thoughts on why i think it's stupid to literally HATE another person you don't even know and then spend a bunch of time posting angry. I promote laughs. I regularly make long essay-like posts. I can take the internet serious- I did, definitely- when I offered you advice. That was me caring about you and trying to help in a way I (stupidly) saw fit.
    I accepted the position as a way to, in my own little meaningless way, contribute/give back to the community that has offered me free entertainment. By offering my free time to cleaning up the BVA forum and helping people like Organik keep their threads maintained if there is a mistake. I don't get mad, I just offer open advice. Take it or leave it. The only reason I ever did it was because when you first came around you were awesome (opinion) and knowledgeable and friendly. And since then it seems that something has happened to you elsewhere (remember we don't know eachother) that has made you angry/sad and it's showing through your posting. When you're not lashing out at people or 'beefing' with anyone who so much as barely comes across threatening, you're posting two or three word catchphrases and memes and that's about it.

I've realized that it shouldn't even concern me and I should have never done it. There's literally no reason for me to inject my personal beliefs onto someone else I don't and will never know. Not to mention that I've come to find out you took it as condescending and belittling when it wasn't my intention. I thought if something bad was happening in your life that maybe I could help cause I like to be a nice guy and where I come from I've helped and been helped plenty of times. I won't ever do it again, it was stupid of me in the first place. Not everyone is going to like you and when they don't there's no reason to hold it against them.

Care Squad itt

Foreman, I'm sorry. We don't have to be postin' bros as Moderators. Let's just go our separate ways. It's not you, it's me.

Oh and about TinyChat: I think TC is awesome. When you guys get in there and get to throw bars around to each other and joke and laugh that's cool. KotDC is an awesome idea and is being implemented incredibly. I would cam up my damn self and have before if I had more time to get to know everybody. Whenever I go there people already have established roles and personalities and I just simply don't have the extra time to participate. I'm not even saying I have issues with people who are always in it. It's an amazing outlet for people to socially interact, especially when they can't get that elsewhere. Like JudgeKure said, so much better (and healthier) than message boards.

And I can be against arguing like this thread without being Anti-Forum.

PS- Reg. Mods can move threads and add polls, maybe sticky a thread or two. It also doesn't pay anything. It's community service and had GT and Battling never offered me so much amazing entertainment I wouldn't even want to do it. Hopefully you all feel the same and it's not just a tool used to wield power over the rest of the forums.
    test
  7. ville2ville

I think the EG hate is stupid because.. well, go back to the first forum you ever registered to. Think about when you were 14 or younger and you made tons of stupid posts. Hell I see things I posted a YEAR ago and can't believe what I was saying. People grow up and change. In EGs case, he's been here for a longggg time. And a lot of his posting was done when he was a lot younger. yet in this forum's eyes, he is the same person who has always been "EmceeGoddess" and is judged on any/everything he has posted. If I read what a young me was posting I would hate me too as the person I am now.

this is a battling forum. think about what this place is based around.

I'm all for "battling" everyone. I'm all for choppa and hansen and gripthetek, etc. It's funny and in terms of rap battles, is on topic. but I guess I just draw the line when people go in as hard as possible on someone personally because they HATE them.

I'm sorry, I am just the Internet Real Deal. :(

It hurt my lil heart and as a Mod you could say i'm always taking a stand against it for the betterment of the forums. It's a personal mission, yo!!!! Don't hate me for it PLEASSSEEE
    test
  8. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Wow. I was sure this thread was just as dead as all of these things usually get by now, but I can't help but correct something. No one is judging this kid of of posts he made years ago. They're judging him off of shit he's done recently.

And Ville, I have to be honest, you are in fact not helping. I'm touched by the amount of heart you have and complete lack of cynicism, but, no.

Aaaand that's it. This shit's dull and I could care who replies in here after me, it won't be worth reading.
    test
  9. ErikForeman

ville, no need to stop being "posting bros", you're a good dude.

ill respond better soon, gotta get ready for work tbh. aka my favorite time to outclass! teehee
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. ville2ville

I'm sorry. What would you like me to do to help? Honestly. Answer that.

This is how I my mind broke down this thread and inspired my posts:

EG attempts humorous thread to mixed results. Flame War ensues where countless people attack/are attacked including EG, you, and EF to name a few.

EG is seemingly wanted to be shunned from the forum by some people.

In terms of being a apart of the RM community,

EG Pros:

-Is funny (maybe not always, but much funnier than me (im not funny) and a lot of others) and makes me laugh.
    -Is knowledgeable in the topic of the community.
    - Has participated in said community in 1s and 2s.
    - Has countless "favorite" bars of other rappers that he wrote
    - Is a damn good writer
    - Runs and maintains a popular blog highlighting said community
    - donated like a lot of people to Ness

EG Cons

- talks a lot of shit (obviously not a problem see: thread)
    - admitted he ghostwrote for D-Lor publicly and fucked up the loyalty to him
    - has made a lot of e-nemies (heh) with his posting

(this is all I know)

So it looks like you're saying I'm not helping by taking a side that says I think both EF and EG should be allowed to exist on this forum. Remember I'm not taking EG's side in that I think EF should be somehow eliminated from the forum. I'm only saying I think he should be allowed to exist, which a lot of people don't.

And to be honest, we need him here. The pros outweigh the cons by a lot imo and we already only have about 20 active posters. And our big thing is supposed to be getting more people involved and active.

So how am I not helping? What do you mean? Are you saying I should blindly consent because you and EF do? I don't know you, EF, or EG. All I DO know is that I care about the community (of BVA) and I want it to be better. With EG it is.

Please don't hate me, but please answer the question.

Also, as a favor, reread this post and my last couple in a non condescending tone/non-angry tone. Maybe even read it in your head in the voice of your mom or best friend or something lol. I reread some of my posts in this thread as someone who was mad at me and yeah, when you do that they come off as cynical. Think the way people adding benny hill to something bad happening and you see what i'm getting at. Maybe I should only post in recorded messages from now on :( I try my best to sound positive and nice but even I am guilty of reading every post as a vicious onslaught. I type a lot-- i've had to to finally get my law degree last week-- it's just how I get down but I realize im just ok with the werdz
    test
  11. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

i just want the argument of "i have a life" to fucking die off
    its such a stupid retarded argument
    test
  12. ville2ville

Judging by the way technology has come a long it's perfectly reasonable to consider a heavy online (video, real name) presence as having one now, too
    test
  13. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

test
  14. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

I don't got any hatred for EG really. I remember in some thread involving drama between Charron and Loe Pesci (I think) he was posting some hilarious bars commentating on stuff.
    test
  15. realtalk101

realtalk101 Patriots>>>

eg is one of the greatest posters of alltime
    test
  16. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

Ville with the truth.
    test
  17. kenchilla

kenchilla New Member

ville getting mad emotinal in this shit
    test
  18. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

what line did he write for dlor
    test
  19. judaman

judaman New Member

If you guys only spent half the time you spend arguing on the internet, on something productive that yields a result other then "i made someone feel stupid". you'd all look back on this forum, laugh and then go back to spending your time on something thats actually worth spending time on.
    test
  20. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

the gladiator scheme against phran...then Dlor admited its not the first time he performed other peoples writing and he'd be Motherfucked if its the last.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.