"If You're Not Dre On The Boards, You're Not Fuckin With Me" - Diddy

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Sikknezz01, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

How do you feel about Diddy's comment? Agree? Disagree?
    test
  2. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

test
  3. *EnCoRe*

*EnCoRe* Shitty Ass Avatars!

as a producer..... not beatmaker.... that MIGHT be sumwut true
    test
  4. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

i swear everytime i buy a scratch mag, its the old one and soon as i read thru, i look and its a new one coming out
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i havent read it yet but its sittin next to me
    test
  6. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

I disagree, there are plenty of producers that would give a diddy a run, neptunes, timbaland, just blaze, j dupree and many others. if you don have good artist with good production, you wont get far....what artist would want to go thru the bad boy machine when you look at its attrition rate for dropping artist......
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

someone who only is in it for a few dollars. i agree with you tho. Bad Boy is the Wendys of Hip Hop.
    test
  8. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

diddys songs always have way too much hi mids

play the danity kane album at a high volume... and then listen to something like fat joe - make it rain you can deff hear the difference in bad boy mixes and any other company
    test
  9. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

he's right...
    test
  10. kojo

kojo New Member

yep, matter of fact heres an excerpt from an interview with J Que from the superproduction/writing team The Clutch (omarion's ice box, usher's yeah):

OK, a producer in the urban game for some reason people think that if you did a track...you're a producer. That doesn't make you a producer. That makes you a songwriter . There's a songwriter for people who write the music and there's people who write the lyric and melody. That's the composer of the song. A producer actually makes the sequence. If there was a team, the producer would be the coach. Which is why Puffy [Diddy], while he was doing his thing, was a very good producer. He had a great ear; he knew what was going to work. He'd go in...you may do the music, you may write the record. But he'll come and say "I don't like that, take that out, put the bell here, fix that, you need to do this here, you need to do that there. Alright let me listen. Alright cool. Mix that down, let's go." He produced the record.
    test
  11. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

i'll have to cop
    test
  12. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Hmm....he coulda been right if he hadn't let Keisha Cole sing WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off key when he was in the studio with her on TV, and he was noddin his head like she was really killin it. Anybody who thinks she was on key SERIOUSLY needs to have their ears checked out.
    test
  13. urban_tactics

keisha cole was nowhere offkey......
    test
  14. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

that sounds good. but in the hiphop game lets be real. shit dont work like that. specially now adays since rappers dont even work with producers most the time. they get the beat and just record on their own.
    test
  15. urban_tactics

whats good wit madden nigga?
    test
  16. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

Truthfully, i thought he stopped beatmaking after the whole, "Mase" and "Puffy" era...

I know he PRODUCES, but as for still playing the keys, making melodies, throwin drums over it... I had no idea he still made shit... Him havin "Da Band" work with other beatmakers made it seem like he was done.
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

from the way the article sounds he didnt make beats at all. He outright said I never wanted to learn how to program a drum machine.
    test
  18. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

We talkin bout the same episode?? I think it was Danity Kane or either somethin on BET....and Diddy had her in there, and she was oversingin a part at the end and everybody was in there jumpin around like she was killin it? If so...she was definitely out of tune...my dad was just walkin thru the room and stopped like "WHO IS THAT SINGIN?????? That's P. Diddy lettin her sing all out of tune like that???"
    test
  19. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

yeah Diddy has never been the sole producer on a track, its says Diddy & whoever made the beat
    test
  20. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

The best mixed and produced Bad Boy shit came out in the No Way Out, Life After Death, and Harlem World era. Diddy didn't mix those tracks nor did he produce them.

Haha, but I think he might have gotten full credit on that garbage ass Forever album that he dropped and that trash ass second Ma$e CD.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.