If you're British or Canadian...

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Fantom, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

Uk rappers arent even bothered about america... and last time I checked it was the US rapper showing interest in the UKs rappers...

You make it soumnd like our rappers are out to gain success in america... Like I said we aint even at the mainstream level, we still raw, unsigned hype... American rappers are doing the footwork in UK going mainstream over there, not us..
    test
  2. Omnific

Omnific your head here...

^and there you have it

;)
    test
  3. Da Vocal Hitman

Da Vocal Hitman Nuck if ya buck

I'm not saying don't rap at all. Don't stop doing sumpin you enjoy. And I know that everyone is entitled to reppin where they are from. But when I see stuff like "The Kingdom" or "tha UK son" or "London Biatch!" It just sounds silly. And I'm not hating it, just stating it.

look I'm sure that its already hard enough to get past all the fruity ass tea time stuff and other stereotypical imagery that is generally associated England.....I realize its not really all like that. But UK rappers, if you got skill, and I'm sure many do, I'm just saying that your best bet is to distance yourself from your own nation's culture.
    test
  4. 6th_plague

Whats our culture then? The UK hasnt got a culture... Like you aid its just a sterotype...

lol, we cant even celebrate christmas or easter... Shit we cant wear our own football shirts in government owned buildings... A culture balcjk or white in the UK is a hell no...

Unless you are talking abut Urban culture... which honestly Id be supprised if you knew any thing about it seeing you think we dont have ruff areas/ghettos etc...
    test
  5. Da Vocal Hitman

I kinda thought of it as a lack thereof for culture too

and yes I realize that everywhere on the planet has ghettos and rough areas.
    test
  6. Omnific

i give up.....lol
    test
  7. Da Vocal Hitman

look man......seriously I'm sick of arguing bout this shit, on the realz.

game peep game, nah mean.

I'll still agree with ya'll bout not making it in the US market....cause it doesn't matter what I personally think, the general medium isn't gonna adopt Brittish slang anytime soon. LOL

But if your a Brittish dude on the come up in the game, then stay up. Keep spittin, you have the same right too as anyone else. But just stay real to yourselves and spit about what you know from the heart.....don't try to just imitate the context that you hear in American rap songs.
    test
  8. Omnific

^thats what ive been tryin to say LOL!
    test
  9. 5 Starre

5 Starre Big Jaw Entertainemnt

lmao, so true
    test
  10. 6th_plague

lol thats what Ive been saying all along... UKHH isnt aiming for the US mainstream... We know we totlally diff... But if the US going to show interest some rappers will take it... Others wont... Master Ace been working with a few UK rappers... Some were cool that he liked them enough but turned him down, dumb move but I cansee why...

Lol, at our slang in america... I have trouble keeping up with that shit... haha
    test
  11. Da Vocal Hitman

look I mostly like just fucking with people and well there isn't many things funnier then White on White racism......

I don't really hate on Brittish emcees....and the accent doesn't bother me that much as long as it somewhat controlled.

but the French....now thats another story. First off French is too pretty of a language to sound aggressive. Second.....like 90% of the country is homosexual.....it amazes me how they continue to populate. Then although they have the cocky attitude down....they can't get down enough to back that attitude....nah mean.
    lmao
    pZ!
    test
  12. 6th_plague

Now your speaking my language, I cant stand the French either... lol they along with Russia shouldnt be rpping hahaha...

Ou est le pen,
    Only how you say... track we got was wu tang again...

But na they some arrogant fuckers...
    test
  13. Da Vocal Hitman

Alaskan kids have no biness rappin either and they're in the US

pZ!
    test
  14. BLooDSHoTT

BLooDSHoTT R.I.P. Point Game

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.