If you're British or Canadian...

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Fantom, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad News™

Bad News™ Bred.

Fantom is Correct!
    test
  2. Da Vocal Hitman

Da Vocal Hitman Nuck if ya buck

Eskimo.....well that would actually be the worst, but anywho.

You Brittish aren't at the Raw, Unsigned hype phase......your not even at any phase.

And Slick Rick.....well he doesn't have that accent and he spent more time in the States then in Brittain anyways....and yeah I respect him as an early innovator of rap....but nonetheless, its not like I'm bumbing Slick Rick all day.....ya'll really need someone else worthwhile then just him.

pZ!
    test
  3. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

i like rapter on the madpoet shit ... i was dying laughing ... the "my band" remix
    test
  4. Omnific

Omnific your head here...

i was fuckin with ya dummy

anyways yank.....go try find summin by SAS (british) signed to the ROC or eurogang.....doing fine

^then come back and talk to me
    test
  5. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

Still go bump some english music before you condem it...

Ignorant peice of shit...
    test
  6. Da Vocal Hitman

there is lots of good English music.....I never said all English music was terrible or anything. I just said that none of it is rap music, thats all. I'm not like condeming your country or their music. It's just that Englishmen have no business trying to rap or fit into the hip-hop culture. Neither do orientals that live in Asian countries! However, American born, or American raised Asians can mos definitly be apart of hip-hop culture.

pZ!
    test
  7. 6th_plague

Ow ok...

So you cant sell music for profit because you arent english because that originated from england... So next time you think of picking up a pistol to defend yourself, dont... your not British, its a british invention no matter what American company manufactures it... Next time you want to drive somewhere - dont. We invented the steam shit that lead to cars, an the mass production of them... and you not British...go walk
    test
  8. Da Vocal Hitman

Um, you seem to be missing the point. Your refering to inventions and products..........I'm refering to a culture.

I don't walk around saying stuff like Pip Pip Cheerio.......I'd sound like a jackass.

in the same way that the Brittish would by saying anything with hip-hop slang.

pZ!
    test
  9. 6th_plague

Last time I checked Hip Hop was part of the Black culture... so this mean white and asia american have no place in it either
    test
  10. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

roflmao

yeh i killed that man, ripped it to shreads

rofl
    test
  11. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

have u ever been into england

it aint all cheerio cup cake,s fairy tea cakes, tea sipping alo of other wordws with tea in them you know

go to some of the downtown areas of manchester, liverpool, london

the black areas

and take a look around
    test
  12. Da Vocal Hitman

well more or less it is American culture at least now it is......no matter what your race is, or where your heritage is from.
    test
  13. Da Vocal Hitman

I'm sure its nothing special
    test
  14. 6th_plague

So that shoudl extend to the UK and other countries like it did to white people...

Man at best your veiw is warped...
    test
  15. 6th_plague

Yes, because only America has ghettos...

I hate sterotyping americans with ignrance but you fucking define it...
    test
  16. Omnific

look, bottom line is hiphop is for anybody who wants to be involved in it.....british, american, smurf......yeah it was originated by african americans in america but now look how far its came

preach!
    test
  17. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

thankyou
    test
  18. Da Vocal Hitman

it could extend to other countires, but it hasn't yet. Look all I'm saying is that anything flowed with a Brittish accent just sounds corny as shit, nah mean.

People laugh at that asian kid on American idol.....not cause he is Asian and singing in English. But because:
    A: well he has no talent
    B: His accent is very thick and interrupts his voice
    C: he is too foreign to American pop culture (the way he dresses, acts, composes himself) not exactly winning cool points.

So what I'm saying is that even if (A) changed and he was a talented singer, he might not have been made fun of like that (or ironically not got a record deal), but he still wouldn't have made the cut on the show, cause of everything else about him just didn't work nah mean.

Its the same thing with Brittish rappers, just too foreign to the culture.
    test
  19. 6th_plague

So what your really trying to say is...

You have a problem with our accents... Ok so long as you dont rate talent on it... Not all of our accents are that strong... Some rappers choose to rap in standard english slang etc, some rap in americanised accents...

So just say that instead of teryin to make it more than it is...

It has nothing to do with the UK being foriegn to america... Its a culture not a nationality, being american doesnt mean your accpeted in the culture...
    test
  20. Omnific

so your point is british rappers wouldnt make it in the american market.....i agree but u were makin it sound like we shouldnt rap at all lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.