if your trying to build mass and only using machines, you should just stop.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ben Official, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

just thought i'd mention. i see too many kids in the gym trying to build mass by doing only machine work outs, and this is not how to build mass. this is what you do when you have the body you want and u only want to maintain the gains u got. or your on sterroids. but yea, for the first year of lifting i basically only used machines because i didnt know any better. after that i started using only free weights and gained so much faster it was like the first year was all a waste.

the machine workouts only workout isolated groups of muscles. so unless you JUST want to build strictly your biceps, or strictly your triceps, or whatever, and your already in shape, go for it. but freeweights workout many more muscles and require better coordination and balance.

im sure im preachin to the choir for most of you but i see so many kids thinking they are going to gain mass by using machines and unless your on roids its not gunna happen.

just wanted to let any beginners browsing know the dealio.
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i use a few machines only..i like the shoulder one..where u train shoulders isolated..and i do the lat pull down machine..actually two diffrent forms of lat pull downs and they re really good..but yeah besides that i use the bench both incline and flat and freeweights..machines alone dont cut it
    test
  3. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Yeah I rarely touch machines.
    test
  4. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Dont stop using machines just use free weights AND machines.

They both help but to build plain mass you gotta have the free weights all the machines do is help maintain the muscle u already have built.
    test
  5. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

So whats your excuse?
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

"I'd do that for 300 million dollars"
    test
  7. Tragedi

Tragedi The Perfectionist

[funny] @ Ben Official tryin to give out advice when a month before he was askin it [funny]

It's obvious machines ain't as good cuz you don't get coordination gains from it and you can let it rest once you do 1 rep and shit.

Get the fuck outta here, only retards use machines. Only machines I use is the lat. pulldown and tha fuckin Back Rows.
    test
  8. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i ask advice all the time i have another thread right now askin for advice, learn something every day. you cry a lot do you know that?
    test
  9. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I'd use machines, and I couldn't care less about free weights. But then again, i couldn't care less about mass. I'd only focus on definition.

depends on your goals.
    test
  10. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

I like to be even more mundane than free weights. I push boulders up hills, bench press beds, and chew on rocks. Thats how you get big.
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Yeah, only machine I use is cable crossover.I have this thing where dumbell flyes suck ass cause they do. Free weights>>>>>>>machines.
    test
  12. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

Free weights are better to workout more muscles, and to even out your arm strenght but machines isolate muscles. My verdict is free weights are better.
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Free weights will always be better than machines. Now and forever.
    test
  14. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

What exactly is the prob with machines, and does that only go for certain muscles? For legs, I've only used machines.
    test
  15. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

i wanted to cut up my triceps and started using the pull down machine...i started seeing a difference in like 9 days...so now i use both
    test
  16. khmerwunder

khmerwunder New Member

Right on free weights way to go, actually builds mental toughness and intensity. However some people who don't have a partner and want to stack weight on a particualar body part should use machines, I dont see as a problem ex, leg presses, shoulder press, hammer machines are real good. I mean don't do it all the time but if you stack the weight you will get mass, not free weight mass but better then not having someone spot or push you where that weight will fall on you.
    test
  17. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

I love freeweights......
    test
  18. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

I was once scared to use the frees, so i always used machines....

years later I realized that I wasn't doin' ish but wasting time.

Been using the frees for a year now and i can finally bench a couple hundred.
    test
  19. kwblah

kwblah New Member

i use both, but mostly free. i usually use machines/cables as a finishing workout.
    test
  20. SK2HOLLA

SK2HOLLA New Member

machines arent bad if you're in a gym where you can use a lot of different machines to work out all parts of your body
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.