If your mother came to live with you ................................... ............

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

bwahahahha shit, that'd be funny to say to my mom if she moved in with us. But I don't think Marc will ever allow it to go that far LOL
    test
  2. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Nope. We get along great.
    test
  3. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

How does that make a difference? With family, it should never be about money.
    test
  4. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

what i am saying to you is you are going to let your mother come in your house and just straight run shit like it is her house?
    test
  5. Leila Night

I can't see my mother having that desire, but it wouldn't upset me if she told me to take out the trash or wipe down the counters.

Would you want your relationship with your mother/father to change because of whose name the property is under?
    test
  6. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

no but you not going to come in there and just run shit hell i'll take out the trash and do the counter tops lol just don't come there trying to tel me what to do in my own shit is what i am saying mommy haha
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think Leila's on that "honor thy mother and father" tip, which is a good axiom to live by.... and I believe in giving honor where it's due, but I don't believe in taking disrespect or dishonor.

Telling me to take out the trash? Okay, ma...
    Telling me how to raise my kids? Excuse me...
    Telling me what time I should be in the house? Okay ma, time to move you into a hotel or a retirement home.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think it's a cultural thing, too... extended families are more accepted in some cultures than others... I'm not a big proponent of them... I believe in "leave and cleave"
    test
  9. Leila Night

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'm too culturally different to not see most of the things said in this thread as crazy talk. :smile:

Still, my parents have never given me a curfew or anything like that. If, in the future, my mother/father was staying over for an extended period of time, I wouldn't go out and not tell her/him the when and where. That would be rude and inconsiderate.

Also, I kind of expect my parents to help with any children I might I have. Good parenting advice is priceless, don't you think? And if I disagree, what's wrong with just saying so?
    test
  10. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

see you didn't say it like that at first hahaha you put it like they could come and walk all over you and you'd take lol thats how you made it sound.
    test
  11. Leila Night

What do your parents demand of you, anyway?

I still would never, ever, not in a 103 years make rules for my mother. Where ever I am is her home, too. And vice versa.
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^What if your spouse objects? Would you submit to him or to your mother?
    test
  13. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

nothing at all baby girl i have my own they don't live in the same state i live in lol but if she had to live with me i wouldn't be this dick head son lol i'm just saying respect me and i'll respected you as well living with me. my life style is my life style you feel me nothing is going to change cause you are here you going to have to roll with it. make no misstake i love her to death but don't get it twisted
    test
  14. Leila Night

Objects to my mother living with us? Idk... It would depend on why he's objecting and why my mother wants to live with us.
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^What if he just doesn't like your mother? You would go against your husband?
    test
  16. Leila Night

Geez, I hope my husband will like my mother...

Again, it would depend on the situation. Would you want your mother-in-law to be homeless because you didn't get along with her? If there was no other option.

Also, culturally, old folks homes are out of the question for me. hahha
    test
  17. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

thats' understandable
    test
  18. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

no she use to live with us and we lived with her. i love her mother we just can't live together but she been there for us and we been tother for her as well.
    test
  19. Leila Night

That's cute. :smile:

I should probably make it clearer that I like the idea of one-on-one time with my future husband... but anything can happen.
    test
  20. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

true nothing like one on one
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.