If you really plan on furthering your career...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Money Greene, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

i have yet to visit a studio that didnt have cubase or logic there....lol

lets be a lil bit more realistic.....there will be an engineer present at any major studio......if u aint pro tools certified, they not gonna let u touch that shit unsupervised anyway.....
    test
  2. slvicick

slvicick New Member

I was talkin to somebody yetsreday that said they had one of the quad core macs w/6 GB of ram.I sent him one of my sessions that my computer couldn't handle. I had to freeze like 16 tracks and it was still hittin around 85% on the meter on my comp. On the mac, without any track s froze, it wasn't even 10%. We started adding convolution revrbs to see how much it could handle, and after ten of em it still hadn't passed 50%.

Now I gotta get a mac pro asap.
    test
  3. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

Very tru, every studio is going to have logic because like PT, it was pretty much designed with the mac in mind then ported over to PC plus alot of engineers like it better. That being said, when it is time to cut the record, it won't be done in logic.

Cuz, if you had a pc with a quad core and 6GB of ram, im pretty sure it would play all that too, lol.
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

wasn't Logic Pc only until Apple bought it from Emagic?
    test
  5. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

lmao i have yet to walk into a true professional studio.. and see anything but pro tools..

I only know of one person thats an enigneer that works in a studio that its main system is not pro tools.. and guess what they still use analog tape lol...

If you in NY/MIA/ATL/LA ITS PRO TOOLS.. INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR RECORDING/MIXING.. NOT FOR PRODUCING CATS GET THAT MIXED UP IF YOU NOT RUNNING PRO TOOLS BETTER HAVE CONSOLIDATED FILES..
    test
  6. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Everywhere i been had Pro Tools in the main studio...but had PC platform software and hacked ish in the production room, so its always been possible to cross platform.

I think learning and using pro tools as a beat maker, would just be for convenience, not neccessity
    test
  7. Definit

Definit Based.

i got a pc, with quad core...2 gig's of ram...shit runs flawless...

with a 350gb hdd and a 160gb hdd

now mac is just a platform...different aspects to getting to certain areas in the program i guess...

but in the end of the day it doesnt matter...if you having someone PRofessionally mix and master the shit...you send them the pro - tools files and they do it how they do, they aint gonna have you up in THEIR studio pressin shit at all...so whats the deal?
    it makes sense to have dope pc/mac to get shit done without the hiccups, and start the song on a professional platform with the highest quality to begin with, but to say mac over pc is irrelevent now days...with quad core on the pc, and up to 6gigs of ram on the mother board...its almost the same speed, basically all you need, and by next year it will be dual quad core...thats 8 cpu's in 1 computer...to me, there is no sense to go over quad core, all in all, the Standard is Pro Tools...the pc/mac is irrelevent now that both side's can handle the same amount of speed...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.