If you really plan on furthering your career...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Money Greene, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

You may want to get a mac. I was trying to be rebellious and shit, but fuck that. I gotta get one. So i plan on get a mini and pro tools and call it a day. U might want to make that change too.
    test
  2. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

This nigga finally seeing the light
    test
  3. lambo

lambo www.the96mix.com

word. I want to get a powerbook G4, but the macbook pro takes the Apogee symphony cards. im bout to save the guap and just order my G4 now.
    test
  4. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

im personally just worried about its capabilities. i dont know enough about it to jump right into it. i mean i dont know if it supports certain vsts that i use and might want to use in the future. cuz different vsts are only windows supported. but i like them anyhow, ill definitely get one later on.
    test
  5. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Ill be doing all my post production work on mine
    test
  6. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

the difference between macs and regular PCs is even less so now, considerin they're usin the intel architecture now.

the only difference would be chipsets, but I imagine its going to end up third party too soon.
    test
  7. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

The OS are still quite a bit different in terms of efficiency and design, although Vista tries its best to emulate some of the OSX features. Hardware wise this really has never been a discussion, the main benefits of using the Mac come from the OS. Money Greene is just commenting on the fact that he had been like fuck macs and pro tools for a while :), makes your life a lot easier when you working on the same shit as your main studio home though doesnt it my nig?!
    test
  8. Turl

Turl Producer

yea i got my macbook this week.. what a machine.
    test
  9. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

PC for life
    test
  10. kojo

kojo New Member

seen those new iMacs...pretty sexy i must say...

might have to upgrade my PC/firewire 410 system to an iMac/firewire 1418 one. I havent jumped onto PT just yet but I will soon.
    test
  11. slvicick

slvicick New Member

somebody clue me in on why I should get a Mac
    test
  12. lambo

lambo www.the96mix.com

duo processor

upgrade to 16 gigs of ram

Logic + DP support?

shit dont freeze

its silent
    test
  13. Turl

Turl Producer

i say you go for the middle white macbook instead, you'll get the portability, a screen and a lil faster processor.
    test
  14. Money Greene

That is about to be the gods honest truth. I used to be like FUCK PRO TOOLS, I don't want to learn it, just give to the engineer and let him deal with it, but like FM said I seen the light. Im doing EVERYTHING in PROTOOLS from pre to post production. Another producer with way more knowledge showed me some shit that actually changed my life so I have to get it.

Now I know it works for a PC now and there might not be much difference between 7.3 OSX and 7.3 XP but when I go to Doppler, Treesound, Patchwerk, Echo, or whatever studio.....ITS ALWAYS A MAC sitting there. That means i need to have the Mac version so I can learn every menu, shortcut, and nuance.

I kind of want the laptop but I don't really see the point of it over a mini when they both have the same speed memory and the macbook has a slightly faster processor. The main spec for Pro Tools, i believe, is memory size and speed. They both portable as shit so I should be straight.

That being said, if you are dead serious about your craft, about being a true producer, you gon have to fuck wit PT, i just chose the mac because NO INDUSTRY LEVEL STUDIO THAT IVE SEEN USES A PC, period.
    test
  15. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

pro tools a waste of damn time and mbox sounds like shit...dont get a mac homie..
    test
  16. Turl

Turl Producer

i hope youre joking
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

intersting topic. I dont quite get how having a mac would make u more valuable vs having a pc tho. Yes knowing short cuts and workflow stuff on a mac w/ pt could possibly be useful but at the same time u could just walk the engineer through what you want to do. This is what I've always done.
    test
  18. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Maybe if u have a 500 000 dollar studio then a mac would be cool.

but for now... pc will do
    test
  19. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

nah Money Greene and FM is speaking the truth.

The Mac is the way to go, I own a mac g4, with pro tools and the whole 9 and I'm telling you it changed the overall quality of my music.

Thats like saying you can make a beat on a sub woofer, you don't need studio monitors to make a beat lol

yes you do. Pro tools and a mac computer is the industry standard.

Not Cool Edit pro on an old pc, no comparison
    test
  20. Money Greene

If you don't want it cool, im not going to argue or keep explaining. Im just telling cats from my experience. It is what it is.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.