if you have a question regarding islam or the prophet muhammad ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... then please post them here.

i will try my best to address your questions and clear any misconception/confusion that you may have regarding either the true tenants of islam or the prophet muhammad.

if not, i'll learn something out of your questions.

it's a win win ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I got a personal question regaurding your relationship with God. Have you ever got to feel the presence of God in your prayer time.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

And what is shariah law?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

How many pairs of shoes (on average) do you go through a year?
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Did muhammad claim to be a savior why is he so important would he be like the disciples to christianity. And why would accepting christ negate your belief in allah?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

presence of god? in my mind? always when i'm praying.

it's why i pray, because i know he's watching and i'm his servant. but yeah, it's like the stocks, my level of faith goes up and down according to my stress level. but i find whenever i do pray, and especially bow my head down on the floor in prostration, most if not all my worries leave my mind that instant and at that stage it's just me, and my lord. nobody else can fuck with me at that point. not even a massive tarantula would make me flinch if i'm in proper prostration.

i love it, because it's the only time my heart is above my mind. and when your heart takes control, it's bliss. really.

shariah law is the information gathered from the qur'an and the traditions/sayings of the prophets, by the scholars of islam, to determine whether something is lawful or unlawful. haram or halal.

if it isn't in the sayings/traditions of the prophet muhammad, and nor is it mentioned in the qur'an? then there's a whole science behind what the scholars must do and the decision has to be unanimous at the end.

shariah law has copped slack, especially in the media considering that it's seen as an extreme view on dealing with things such as crime. this is where the stoning of women, etc. tend to take place and alot of leaders in muslim countries end up using the shariah law to their own advantage. but by nature, shariah law is fucking awesome.

very thought provoking question, indeed.

honestly? about two or three. and if they didn't rip from me playing basketball, i could go years with just one pair.

prophet muhammad never claimed to be the "saviour", that station is left for jesus/isa in islam. yeah, even we believe that jesus is the messiah/saviour from the anti-christ/dajjal.

prophet muhammad came to perfect noble character, and was sent as a mercy to mankind. why is he so important? he is the final messenger, there'll be no messengers/prophets after him to carry the message of god.

accepting christ as a lord? or accepting christ as a prophet of the lord? accepting him as a lord negates the most basic and strongest tenant of islam, which is believing in the oneness of the almighty. not associating any partners with him, ever. whether it be a son, mother, holy ghost. none of that.

so accepting that jesus is his son is blasphemy, and ousts you from being a muslim ...

[turn] ...
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

what is the cliff note version of mo's life? just a short recap

whats the view on what happens when you die? is there judgement and some people go to a "hell"?

whats their view on people who practice other religions? do they go to hell for following something different?
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

well said. Thank you.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

At the end of the world, what happens to those who have rejected Allah or have not lived according to Islam?
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Is it considered lawful to lie in order to protect Islam? I've heard it is (hearsay), which I suppose is understandable to a degree, but the bigger question attached to this is: If yes that it is acceptable, what limitations are put on this? (e.g. Is it permissible to lie about what is said or written in the Qur'an or other Islamic texts if it protects Islam from negative scrutiny?)

Sorry for perhaps asking a bad question there ahead of time, without getting your answer to the first one about whether it actually is permissible or not.

So is Sharia law to be proposed as a very literal law for man to uphold on earth (in dealing with crime) or is the most truthful explanation perhaps that it should be seen as the most righteous form of law, but that Allah is merciful? I guess, do muslims have a sense of refuge from this law because of His mercy?
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

test
  12. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Why is the moon on the islamic flag
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

prophet muhammad was the final messenger of god, but was rejected by the quraish tribe at the time of his prophet hood declaration. however, soon the number of followers grew in size. best non-biased book to read on him would be by martin lings - muhammad.

once we're dead, we are judged by how we lived in this life, and according to allah's decree on things we are subjected to the fire or allowed in the gates of paradise. pretty much the same concept as christianity and judaism as islam is from the same abrahamic tree.

the only people that god really dislikes are the idol worshippers, associating partners/deities with the almighty. but i can't say who goes to hell and who doesn't, only god has the answer to that man.

those who come with a sound heart, will be forgiven by the almighty. and as i said above, only god has the answer to this man. aslong as you live your life in a humane way, i don't see a problem. and i'm only human, so god is alot more understanding.

perhaps you've taken this out of context, or read it out of context. it is permissible to lie during war to protect your life, and in turn protect islam. i think that's the ruling you were addressing, however if it was any other ruling please cite the source.

my cousin talked to me about this. when the angels questioned god about creating humans on earth, the angels complained "why humans, they will only create mischief and war on the earth" to which god replied with "i know that which you know not". my cousin claims that this was referring to the shari'ah law, and that it if applied it will get rid of mischief and bloodshed.

i can see the good side of the law, but i am not blind to the extreme aspect of it either. for instance, i believe that you can still be a good muslim without a long beard. and that the prophet only grew the beard back then because there was no gilette, lol.

or that music is permissible but to an extent of what you listen to, as back then there was no ipods/mp3's so i don't listen to the sheikhs who claim all music is haraam. i hope it clarified, if it didn't i'll try again.

good question.

the crescent was never attributed to islam before the ottomans, so it was because of the ottomans that the crescent started to become the symbol for islam. but the original symbol still and will always be the saudia flag, except it was black and not green back in the prophet's days.

apologies for taking my time to answer, but i've been busy with shit ...

[turn] ...
    test
  14. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

I heard theres a moon God in islam
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

lol, you're a fucking idiot.

i can't believe i took you seriously.

seriously ...

[turn] ...
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

No i really heard that. Im asking id it's true
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

that's why i said you're a fucking idiot if you think that's true.

a moon god?

what do you think, we're part of a sailor moon clique?

we believe in one god, how many times do i have to say this ...

[turn] ...
    test
  18. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

No i got that. Is why im asking. Theres gotta be some significance to it in the religon. Its on the symbol of the religon. Sorry i didnt mean it like do christians believe ina tree God. Lol just the meaning.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

I didnt know islam incoorporates the torah and psalms. The only diff really between christianity is their view of jesus. An a few diff takes on things. Thats interesting.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

do you not remember anything you read from my posts and others from here?

or do you just not bother to read anything at all?

seriously, man.

i told you why it became a symbol for islam, when it shouldn't have been - the ottoman empire. it's why you see it on the turkish flag, and even pakistan has it on theirs.

islam incorporates the original unaltered teachings of the holy scriptures you mentioned, it's from the same abrahamic tree of faith.

i can't keep repeating myself for you ...

[turn] ...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.