If we can agree that the universe has a form of intelligence and order to it

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Thrizzy, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

That's proof of God.
    test
  2. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

But can we agree to that??

I see more chaos in the universe than order. Stuff just happens.

I mean a machine/computer can do some amazing things with numbers or math equations. But it has no intelligence to speak of. Same could be said of the universe. Using math in this universe we puny humans can discern patterns in nature or unknown things in physics/sciences. But I still havent seen any proof of intelligence in the material physical bodies of the universe.

Could you explain yourself further??

Sounds to me like the same "reasoning" used by some to explain god. Stuff is here. We didnt put it here... WOW THERE HAS TO BE A GOD. Cant be any other explanation.
    test
  3. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

I think the universe as well as everything in the universe is in a constant state of destroying and rebuilding.
    test
  4. snowy

And?

That line of thinking falls more into a modern look at The Big Bang Theory to me. In that the Universe didnt start there but that was just 1 point in the long endless expansion and contraction that it makes in its endless existence. Like who ever said there HAS to be a beginning to it all. Isnt that just an assumption on our part.
    test
  5. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

And?

What do you mean and?

Our bodies are in a constant state of destroy and rebuild, would you also write off our bodies (excluding our minds) as having intelligence?
    test
  6. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

nope.
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Agreeing to absurdity is not poof of anything.

If we can agree on something, it just means we agree on something.

But do we agree on that something?

And if we do agree that the universe has a form of intelligence and/or order to it, we have to suppose other things before we get to God - for example, we'd have to assume that this intelligence and order existed in advance of the universe and as most people define God as being supernatural we'd likely have to agree to that also unless everyone just starts to agree that God is not supernatural, and not personal in any way so we wouldn't have any need to pray to God or any reason to believe in an afterlife or anything like that.

The idea most of us think of when the word god comes up doesn't fall in line with being merely a form of intelligence so having proof of that wouldn't sound an alarm that God exists although I'm sure believers would love to argue about it in order to get us to believe in their God which doesn't resemble the ideas that they are arguing about in the first place.
    test
  8. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

Knowing God is impossible in my opinion, you can only know what is revealed to you - on why things happen. I realize the greatest scientists don't believe in God, and those most close to God suffer from some sort of mental illness. Usually psychosis. I guess people are at the opposite sides of the spectrum, those who have received consolation and those who haven't.
    test
  9. snowy

Yes I would deny them intelligence. They dont think or act of their own accord. They just follow the basic instructions embedded in them.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

the order within chaos is the rareity. The unseen laws that govern that order..
    test
  11. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

OK and how do they follow instructions?

If I gave you instructions to follow and you did, would that constitute as intelligence on your part?
    test
  12. snowy

Uh no it wouldnt. However if I read your instructions and thought for myself a better/easier/simpler way of doing it. That would show intelligence.

They follow instructions the same way your clock radio does when you program in a time.

Im starting to think you dont have any clue what intelligence is...
    test
  13. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

OK then tell me in your words what is intelligence.
    test
  14. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

in what way are the universal laws 'rare?'
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.