If times really got hard...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

...and you had absolutely nowhere else to turn, how many of you would resort to being a stripper or a prostitute or a gold digger (same thing, really)?
    test
  2. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

I wouldn't. Ever.

But I'll say this much: Strippers are cool.
    test
  3. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

I can't say I wouldn't ever do anything. I mean, if times were real hard and I had kids to take care of, I'd do what I have to do to get them fed. However, if its just me...no way, I'm not worth it...
    test
  4. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

If there was absolutely no other option, I'd consider stripping, as long as my s/o was okay with it.
    test
  5. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

If it was the last resort, and I knew they'd consider me. Then yeah, if I had to. I'd strip. No I wouldn't prostitute myself tho. I could handle dancing for money and taking my clothes off. But I couldn't go have sex with tom, dick, or harry for money.

But damn, times would have to be real low before I resorted to that.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Stripping is like the gateway to prostitution... so many dancers do it. I don't know if its drugs, desperation, or addiction to money.
    test
  7. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Well, I'm anit-drugs. Drugs would never get me, I don't care if everyone else was doing it or not. I have the will to say "no". And I wouldn't take money for sex. I'd just give the dancing and take my money and go lol.
    test
  8. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

Doing drugs would defeat the purpose. You are going into this because times are tough and there arn't any other choices. Why would you waste the money on a drug habbit? You have to keep your head on straight.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^The drug habit could be the reason why times are hard... it doesn't have to be just the general economy, but personal hardship.
    test
  10. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Well only reason I'd be there is to feed my kids. And if I was doing it for that reason, I wouldn't get caught up in the rest of it ;o) Take my money and go! :D
    test
  11. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

No, b/c I feel there are ALWAYS other options. If I ever turned to stripping/hoing/gold-digging, it would be b/c I simply wanted to and it was probably easier/quicker income than other routes.
    test
  12. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

I don't consider a drug habit a personal hardship in the same sence as I consider getting laid off and not being able to find a good job a hardship or the death of a spouse a hardship. A drug habit is something you bring on yourself. You know the dangers of useing but still do it. I have little sympathy especially when drugs overshadows your responsibilities to your family.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

What other options?

Say you try to get a loan, but are denied... you try to go to your folks, but they don't have it or they think should be self-sufficient... you try to sell some merchandise, but nobody's buying... then what? [dunno] The rent's due and there's no food in the fridge.
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's so much easier to judge when you're on the outside looking in.

A drug habit is no different than an alcohol, tobacco, or junk food habit... they all can kill you and deplete your funds. Addiction isn't always about lack of willpower. Much of it is a physical dependency. Yeah, shootin' heroin is wrong in the first place... but so is downing a tub of ice cream in one sitting.
    test
  15. sweet_I

sweet_I New Member

I know about drug addiction first hand. Alcohol too and I was a smoker. No one made me start any of it. I started smoking in 9th grade. I had a drug problem about 12 years ago and started drinking to calm the drug cravings. After I met Husband I quit drinking, not sure how, just didn't need it anymore. Now I can drink normally without binging and don't do drugs nor smoke...

The point is, if its btwn drugs and feeding your kids...well, thats how kids end up in foster care.

And I don't condone junk food if your in financial trouble either. Pisses me off when I see someone paying with foodstamps (it isn't stamps anymore is it, I think its a card) and then buying a shit load of junk food and beer...why the hell don't you save that money for something worthwhile. I understand an occational splurge but there are people I see all the time who buy crap...
    test
  16. Vassili Zaitsev

Vassili Zaitsev Team Zissou

I think its fairly obvious by the constant senario updates, that Ignorant just wants you all to say you would.

With that established, what's your point Ignorant? I feel you have one.
    test
  17. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

There are plenty of services out there that offer emergency financial assistance to families in desperate financial situations:

- Red Cross will help with a deposit for an apartment and the first month's rent

- local social service agencies provide emergency cash aid, food stamps, pay for child care, transportation, etc... and provide listings to direc tyou to other programs that can assist you for your more long-term needs

- there's a local program here called H.E.A.P (Heat and Energy Assistance Program) that'll pay your utility bill(s) for you if you receive a shut-off notice and can't afford to pay it

- a plethora of grants and scholarships available for students

- local food banks that provide groceries for needy families

- homeless shelters/programs that offer temporary & transitional housing and resources to help you get back on your feet (rental housing vouchers like Section 8, food stamps, credit counseling, drug rehabilitation, psychological counseling, etc)

- and if worse comes to worse, I'd stand my ass out there on the side of the freeway and hustle some damn oranges

Like I said, a resourceful woman can find a way to get by without having to sacrifice her body or personal integrity for a lil change... she just has to be willing to do the legwork to locate what resources are available to her.

If I ever went the route of selling my body, it would not be because I had no other options... it would be because I simply wanted to and it was easier and quicker than locating and taking the steps to obtain help through other resources.
    test
  18. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

Shit I would consider stripping just because...shit why not? Nigga I get naked and dance around my room for free. I'd love to get paid a G a night for that shit. I don't though...I don't know why.

Anyway, I'm in a position right now where times are hard. hella hard. I'm not makin decisions out of desperation, but I would't knock a woman who does. She's makin her paper, and if she's not cosumed in the stereotypical lifestyle, go head girl.

Oh and gold diging sounds pretty cushy. I've talked to women who do it, and again i don't knock em. I mean, they have a boyfriend, who happens to have money and takes care of them. whats wrong wit that shit? That's not for me either tho...I like havin my own paper and bein independent.

prostitution is not even within the real of possiblities for me tho.
    test
  19. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

how many strippers really do get in and get out though???

players club was am ovie but that shits real

just like niggas and drug dealin

i do know dudes who only slang somethin

if there back is against the wall

but the point is EVERYTIME there backs against the wall

they slang
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

But can you drop like it's hot, though? That is the question.

I've got 5 dollars and a pack of Now & Laters... whassup?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.