If theres anyone at this point that still doesnt take Rajon Rondo seriously as a...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by DannyC, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggedawgg

Biggedawgg fuck mexico

aaron brooks > rondo
    test
  2. RapCritik

RapCritik New Member

Look these numbers up:

1. [Rajon Rondo career triple-doubles (reg. season + playoffs)]

2. [ Nash, Paul, Williams career triple-doubles combined (reg.season + playoffs]

Now tell me which number is greater, 1 or 2.
    test
  3. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

^Jason Kidd > Rajon Rondo right now agreed?

Or is basing an argument about PGs solely on triple doubles as stoopid as I originally thought.
    test
  4. RapCritik

RapCritik New Member

No, it's not stupid as you originally thought. You are stupid right now tho.

How can Kidd be better than Rondo "right now" when Rondo gets TD's more frequently than Kidd "right now"....

Kidd is on the tail-end of a 15-year career, Rondo is just beginning.
    test
  5. Big Stykz

Big Stykz u feel me?

tryin 2 base his talent solely on the amount of triple doubles he has shows a lack of knowledge in the realm of basketball....

top 5 point guard definitely. the kid can HOOP. much respect. but he still aint on the level of Nash, Paul, or Williams. hes not a TRUE threat in a close game. not yet anyway, hes still young. and only getting better...

shoooot right now, i might even take Monta Ellis over him. Rondos a better passer/distributor (who wouldnt be with the help he has?), but Ellis is an absolute scoring THREAT.....
    test
  6. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

That's kinda the point Jason Kidd is not better than Rondo.

Having more triple doubles doesn't make you better than another player. LeBron gets more triple doubles than Kobe....Kobe is still the best player in the game.

Chris Paul 20.4 ppg 4.6 rpg 11.2 apg
    Rajon Rondo 14.1 ppg 4.3 rpg 9.7 apg

Paul is better than Rondo in the 3 major statistical categories but Rondo is somehow better because he has more triple doubles? Yeah that is stupid...I wasn't mistaken.
    test
  7. RapCritik

RapCritik New Member

Number crunching. Ok, lets.

The difference in rebounding is nominal, Paul up by "point 3" ...Paul has 1.5 more assists per game. Not much. The real difference is Paul scores 6 more points a game. [/B]But Rondo has a higher field goal percentage.[/B] When you consider that a point guard's role is to be a facilitator for his teammates while taking advantage of his own scoring options secondarily, Rondo's numbers look better in that light. How effective would the Celtics be if Rondo took shots away from Allen, Pierce and Garnett? But when he does shoot, he's more accurate than Paul.

Paul has the ball in his hands more often than Rondo because he's asked to do more for his team - yet he doesn't get as many triple-doubles as Rondo. What does that tell you?

It's not just about raw data...you should analyze it a bit...It comes down to EFFICIENCY.

*edit....The triple-double shows Rondo's capacity to take over a game when needed. And he's proved his ability to do so in critical situations, like he did in last year's playoffs.
    test
  8. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

So now Rondo is a better shooter than Paul because he has a higher FG percentage? (mainly from layups as he rarely shoots the ball past 15 feet.) In fact to counter your Rondo is the more accurate shooter argument Paul shoots around 40% from the 3pt line. I think it said Rondo shoots 19% from 3 when I was looking at it earlier (might be wrong don't feel like looking up the numbers again). Also Chris Paul shoots 80+ percent from the FT line while Rondo is down around 60%.

Am I still suppose to believe Rondo is a more accurate shooter than Paul?

That Chris Paul puts up more consistent rebounding numbers (around his average) while Rondo is more up and down with his rebounding and they both end up around the same average. Rondo is a better rebounder than Paul though...I won't argue that. Paul is a better passer and scorer though (the two things you said are most important in a PG's role)

And that's not even considering surrounding talent where there is a stark difference between the Celtics and the Hornets.
    test
  9. RapCritik

RapCritik New Member

Yes. Because he has a higher FG%. If you still want to let the 3pt% and FT% deceive you, remember they are PG's. PG's are supposed to be selective about when they shoot. Rondo, in his selection, is more accurate than Paul percentage wise - if that doesn't mean he's a better shooter, it for sure means he's a smarter PG.

If Rondo's rebounding numbers are up and down night-to-night, it's cuz he's got Garnett, Perkins and Big Baby down there. When they're cleaning the glass, he can stay out. When his team needs him to clean up, Rondo steps in. How many All-Stars play a utility role like Rondo does? That's invaluable.

Only thing Paul has over Rondo is ball handling and getting steals.
    test
  10. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Hmmmm.
    test
  11. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

youd rather have steve nash than rajon rondo on your franchise at this point?!

LMAO

youre more stupid than i thought
    test
  12. Newportz

Newportz Guest

Rondo is a Top 3 point.

Boston on the other hand................[​IMG]
    test
  13. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Don't try and change the argument. Steve Nash is better than Rondo right now this season. I don't care who's gonna be better 2-3 years from now. That's not what you were talking about last year when you brought this garbage up and it wasn't your argument until it occurred to you that you were wrong yet again.
    test
  14. RapCritik

RapCritik New Member

Rondo is every point guard. It's all in him. Anything the team wants done at any given time, he does it naturally. Them other dudes....i dunno
    test
  15. DannyC

test
  16. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Just another thread showing McCizoy is an idiot...if anyone actually needed further proof.
    test
  17. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Rondo is top 10. As far as young PGs go I would take Westbrook over Rondo any day.
    test
  18. DannyC

rondo just made all nba defensive team

only one who got more votes is dhoward

r u fucking kidding
    test
  19. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

oll...wow you really hurt.

Rondo is top 3 now though....still behind a healthy Chris Paul and Deron Williams though. He's overtaken Nash in the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs.

1. Paul
    2. Williams
    3. Rondo
    4. Rose
    5. Nash/Westbrook
    test
  20. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

How could you possibly have Rose and Rondo above Westbrook and Nash?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.