if the rock and goldberg went to TNA

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by chop stick, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Vince hasn't rolled out the red carpet for a Hogan return. Last time Hogan was in TNA, WWE called and Hogan went where the money and exposure was. But who the fuck said the same about Hogan? Stupid people?

Hogan is bigger than The Rock but I have no idea what that has to do with making life decisions or carrying success with you. Michael Jackson is bigger than Simon Cowell, But Simon Cowell is successful as fuck and where was Michael before dying? That's the best comparison I can think of right now. And that's being honest.

It might be worth it for TNA to promote the fuck out of his movies if it means having him tied to a contract, but I'm pretty sure it would be a major bum deal for Spike to promote the fuck out of his movies in exchange for partially filling a two hour timeslot on their network to nudge ratings. That would be throwing away a lot of money they're already pocketing - and that's not even accounting for the money they've been pocketing promoting his movies already, during Impact even. You know, the spots paid for by the movie industry? They tend to buy up spots during wrestling shows for all of The Rock's movies already. Go figure.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I know I didn't even scratch the surface on how absurd that proposal would be, but no use in delving further into it right now.
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

It would take something more interesting than one or more popular guys being used poorly to make people give that much of a shit about wrestling again, let alone TNA.

TNA should just start catering to adult audiences since they aren't getting a ton of ratings anyway.
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

test
  5. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

more knockouts, less clothes
    test
  6. test
  7. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Hogan way bigger then the Rock now? How do you figure? WWE could still out do that deal. USA actually promotes RAW, and their parent company is Universal which includes NBC. TNA will never compete with money or exposure that WWE could offer him unless they got real money backing them.
    test
  8. abzinthe

abzinthe let's get incredible.

Besides, Rock has tons of other ways to promote his movies that don't involve him risking injury by wrestling. I doubt his people would let him do it anyway.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. abzinthe

abzinthe let's get incredible.

Hogan might be a bigger name historically in wrestling, but Rock is a much bigger mainstream success right now. Hogan in 2009 is really famous for all the wrong reasons.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. didnt hogan get overlooked in a movie that the rock was in?
    test
  11. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Hogan had a hit show.. The Rock is turning into a joke with those kids movies.. Hogan still looks like a man.
    test
  12. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Hogan is STILL more popular than The Rock. The only thing i can say about Rock, is that he can make people who dont normally care about wrestling, care abotu wrestling. Hogan has a much bigger following in wrestling though
    test
  13. Nam Dekan

Hogan had a hit reality show, as did such stars as Flavor Flav, Danny Bonaduce, Bret Michaels, New York and a sleuth of over people on VH1. It's not like Hogan had a show like Mad Men or Entourage, it was a reality show. Being the star of a Reality show isn't really a good thing. The Rock is actually moving away from the kid movies after this next one. Next Summer's the Other Guys could be a big hit with Todd Phillips directing it.
    test
  14. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

yes he is
    test
  15. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Other than Flavor Flav none of those people had the success Hogan had
    test
  16. Nam Dekan

Don't back track now, you made it sound like having a hit reality show on VH1 was a good thing. Like three seasons of Rock of Love that spawned I dunno how many spin offs. New York herself had I don't know how many spinoffs. Flavor Flav actually had more success then Hogan on Vh1. Having a hit reality show on Vh1 isn't that special. Hell even Memento could have a hit reality show on Vh1 given the chance. When you resort to a reality show about your life your either saying "Oh hey look at me i want to be famous" or "I need to get famous again, I need people to notice me and care about me".
    test
  17. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Hogan's show was popular because his home life is a trainwreck. Maybe TNA should have just signed Jon and Kate Gosselin and given them the book. They have a hit show!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

They should sign chopstick, it looks like he has a hit thread on this forum.
    test
  19. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

mtaetprisjmoykln
    test
  20. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

Id love to be a wrestling writer, but it looks like a stressful job. if they let me do my thing, and everybody fucked off, i could write a good tv show.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.