If Shogun had not had the knee problems

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I wouldn't have a doubt this Saturday that he'd win.

Anyone feel the same?
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

not at all.. if jon ragdolls him will you blame it on the knee or will that be proof enough that it probably wouldnt have mattered? im callin it if no one wants to, hes going to murder him in 2, maybe 3.
    test
  3. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Jones would beast a healthy Shogun. Shogun has nothing for Jones. Shogun has nothing for Rashad for that matter.
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

we'll see. i hope jones wins, but he's still too untested to say he'll dominate shogun like that.
    test
  5. D Boone

D Boone Well-Known Member

so tired of hearing this.....he hasnt just beat everybody hes faced, hes dominated them
    test
  6. Wes Seneca

Wes Seneca New Member

idk,jones is a beast,shogun has good ground game and but his striking really helped him through out his career,(he bodied rampage),butya never know,one mistake oculd cost john the fight,his work ethic seems really good so he should win off being a prime young fighter.bad knee or not
    test
  7. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I'm putting money on Shogun still.

I'm just saying the maybe 5% of doubt I have is due to seeing how Shogun's cardio was after coming back from the last trials.

But it should be pretty clear from performance whether Shogun loses or Shogun fails himself.
    test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Silly.

Better stand up, judging from both Shogun performances and Jones performances. Jones' stand up is actually bad, not just inferior to Shogun's. I could very easily see him throwing one of his silly kicks with no regard for defense and getting clocked early.

Shogun has one of the most active ground games of all time in mma. Even wrestling is no guarantee. Jones could get leg locked and have no clue how to deal with it.
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Jon Jones is smoke and mirrors.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

brock dominated mir, herring, couture, yet still lost fast to an experienced, well-rounded vet very quickly.

bones has dominated everyone, but could you pick his opponents out of a lineup?

again, he has all the potential in the world, a ton of skill, and is a great fighter when his elbows connect. he could be another silva.

shogun is experienced though. don't expect a spinning back-elbow to connect with him.
    test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Honestly, I troll a bit here but Jones is a good fighter. I don't like to judge a fighter on wins and losses because you can pick apart anything, and he's a good example of this.

but I said a while back that Jones wont ever be ufc lhw champion so long as he has to get by the people I consider elite, and shogun is one of those guys.
    test
  12. NightMayor

NightMayor DA BAWSS

Point blank.
    Jones cant handle Rua.
    He cant hang in a 5 round fight.
    Hes gonna get gassed with all those crazy moves he tries to pull.
    Rua can take em. Will take em and leave with the W.
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Jones has been talking a lot, I've really been going off him. I think he's insane.

I think Shogun has an answer for most anything Jones brings. I think the standup will make a big difference, Jones' footwork is poor. I think he can take him.
    test
  14. NightMayor

NightMayor DA BAWSS

Jones is getting submitted guys. hello0o0o hes a white belt in BJJ.
    test
  15. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

destruction.

shogun has looked a bit poor in his fights since coming back off surgery, he will come back strong and may give bones a better fight next time but bones range is too unpredictable and he's got some crazy imagination in his moves
    test
  16. Makabreli

Makabreli done

knee problems never completely go away. Dude will just keep getting reinjured.

I'm sure it would've affected his performance, but he got beat down from the get go so it's hard to say anything beat Shogun except Jon Jones.
    test
  17. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

MURDERED

smoke and mirrors?
    shogun has an answer for everything?

i fucking told you, quote me, murdered in 2 or 3.

TOWN BUSINESS
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

so happy that happened. my skepticism is gone! jones is what i hoped we would be.
    test
  19. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

bones was just too much to handle for him,..its like fighting a goddamn octopuss.
    test
  20. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

Gotta love the excuses.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.