If i wanted to create a Small Studio in my basement what Equipment should i get

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by FaceLess, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

^^My computers STOCK soundcard handled that PERFECTLY....so i dont know the big fuss about sound cars....I never had to waste time on them...

My Entire computer was 1500...And I got it custom made/ designed..BY ME MUH FUCKAS...
    test
  2. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

noodles, sorry but no you don't know what you're talking about ..

a soundcard is the single MOST important part of the set up ..

lol @ good quality computer speakers .. you're not going to get an accurate mix without monitors .. you think you do, until you purchase some mons ..

and why the hell are you suggesting dynamics?
    test
  3. Noodles

If you don't have dynamic equipment...You don't have a real studio...
    WTF @ you WTFing me suggesting dynamics..

Dog...Monitors...Multi Monitors???HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH QUALITY????
    Please tell me your joking....As long as you have a PC and not a MAC....With WINDOWS....One monitor can be 100 windows... thus....100 different screens all on one nifty monitor...Crazy this technology we have....

Oh and Im telling you...good computer speakers did me right...I sounded like TRASH...like i sounded like i was using a computer mic, cause i couldnt listen to myself accurately.
    Definitely think about that

As for a soundcard...If you have a good MOTHERBOARD....(mine was 300)....Than it's stock soundcard is way better than those 200 dollar soundcards...If maybe you go wild out and get a 400$ card that yopu can plug piano's into and shit...lol...than m,aybe you'd need a soundvcard....But if all your doing is recording.,..don't waste your god damn time...
    Try to prove that wrong...But I never purchased a sound card...
    test
  4. Dely

Dely In The Trap

lmaoooo@u not knowing what monitors are .. omgggggg
    test
  5. Ho-Matic

Ho-Matic In My White Tee

good soundcard = $150
    so so mic = $150
    preamp = $100
    Clothes to build image = $600

there, and thats better than what 90% of this site has.....
    test
  6. F.Hope

F.Hope New Member

brilliant response
    test
  7. illete

illete Timothy Sinatra

lmfao @ "100 different screens all on one nifty monitor...Crazy this technology we have...."

i aint gon lie.. i didnt read your spending limit.. so lemme explain super budget

E-Mu 0404 $99
    Studio Projects VTB-1 Tube Pre $129
    V67g $100
    acoustic treatment (auralex) $100
    and get some nice monitors.. lol.. not computer screen monitors.. lmao.. reference monitors.. so you can hear ya mix..
    lmfaooo.. asdfjkashdfjha;s poop.. askdfjh
    test
  8. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

LMFAO .. wow you made yourself look so fucking stupid there .. OMG you obviously dont know shit about recording ahaha @ your response about monitors .. what an idiot ..

and no, there is no stock soundcard that is touching an emu 1212m .. there is no soundcard under $700 touching an emu 1212m .. fucking soundblaster audigys are better then stocks .. you have no clue what you're talking about ..

stop giving advice on buying equipment when you don't even know what monitors are .. lol damn i'm still crackin up about your stupid ass response ..
    test
  9. So. IL.L

So. IL.L WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

Like Doc said... Audio Help forum.. that place has every question you've ever thought of asking already answered.. and if it's not.. cats like doc, AON, and BP will make sure your question gets answered correctly.. and trust me, if it comes from one of those three it's good advice.. there are a handfull of others too that are less active in there.. but fer real... everyone here would have studio quality if they fallowed that forrum.. pz.
    test
  10. illete

illete Timothy Sinatra

test
  11. Noodles

definie monitors....because as fart as im concerned I have two screens for my computer that can show two different things....

and lmfao at your ignorant comment about me not knowing how to record because of that...
    Your being very stupid, Im speaking what I know of...

Yo--- Nobodies soundcard is touching what i have- and I rest at that....

Im rolling with
    Athlon3ghz/2GigsOfDDR400/radeon9600graphicswithadditional128MBofRAM/1heatsync/dualMONITORbroadcast/5 fans to keep it running/VUtemp and Voltage Output control/

All that running off of my ABIT motherboard........

Anything that can handle that....Doesnt need a soundcard...I assure you, any soundcard you could possibly have would be irrellevant to a good motherboard....

as i stated before
    test
  12. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

you're still recording in 16 bit .. your soundcard sucks ass ..

monitors are studio speakers they provide a flat signal to give you an accurate mix .. you CANT get an accurate mix without them .. there arent any decent monitors under $300 .. but i suppose your $50 HIGH QUALITY COMPUTER SPEAKERS can give you a good mix right?? fuck outta here .. the more you keep posting the more you show that you're dumb as fuck and how little of knowledge you really have about recording ..
    test
  13. illete

illete Timothy Sinatra

lmfaosdfasdf @ "as fart as i'm concerned" ... lk;asdhgpaiug
    test
  14. Jaye Mesa

Jaye Mesa He Won't Stop

Noodles you are incredibly stupid. You don't even know why people are laughing. Syn hit you with it. Monitors are speakers not the damn screen you see things on.
    test
  15. illete

illete Timothy Sinatra

he speaks the truth... post #600 yay
    test
  16. Dely

Dely In The Trap

omg im dying lmaooooooooo
    test
  17. aLLeviATioN

aLLeviATioN I Still Do Text Too...

I was just gonna get around to asking this question too.

I think I'll just wing it now.
    test
  18. jesus, noodles is a fucking idiot, man.
    test
  19. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

all that shit he posted about his motherboard has nothing to do with how good his stock soundcard is .. just cuz they make a better motherboard doesn't mean they equip it with a 24-192khz recording soundcard lol ..
    test
  20. All, i have is:

a shure-sm58
    computer soundcard
    and a mobile pre.

yah.

When i get a bit more polished up, i'ma come to u, Syn, so u can tell me what to get.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.