If i wanted to create a Small Studio in my basement what Equipment should i get

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by FaceLess, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLess

FaceLess jook is my dad..

I have a rather small budget..I want the best product i can get for my money...feel me?

thanks in advance
    test
  2. 3rd Inf Soldier

3rd Inf Soldier Bellwingah, hey! Hey!

hOW MUCH CAN U SPEND?
    test
  3. FaceLess

I'd say like a G,

I got about a thousand dollar budet
    test
  4. FaceLess

is it possible with that amount of money?
    test
  5. [ Yung Truth ]

[ Yung Truth ] fuck u, pay me

test
  6. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

I mean it is, and it isn't. Some people spend a grand on a preamp alone for small studio's.
    If your just recording yourself,or ur friends and shit, then yeah its enough. If you wanted to record all types of music then no it isn't. My little studio shit is only worth around $800, and my quality is great but I know how to mix.

You need to tell us what you want to record and shit, thats too braud of a question. I can't help you out, I mean we need to know if your using the computer, do you have a booth, headphones, what voice you have, what type of sound your lookin for(warm,transparent), and etc( I can't think right now).

Bring this thread into the audio tips and help section anyhow, you'll get more answers.
    test
  7. Nick Name™

Nick Name™ SERTIFYDE WORLDWIDE

if youve got a descent computer, buy an external soundcard, condensor mic, some tables and your set, second hand stuff can be good just look around
    test
  8. Usual-Job

Usual-Job New Member

test
  9. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

Here's my setup and i get quality better then pro studios

Microphone - i got the shure(900$)...but i also got PG-58 it was my old mic..PG-58 is for 50$ and believe me u will get fuckin amazin quality

PC - 512MB DDR or above ram...big hard-disk -- good speed

Sound-Card, i got Creative Audigy Soundblaster2 PlatinumZS....its fuckin amazin u can get it for like 400$ or somethin...

Mic-Stand ofcourse...like 30$

Headphones...i got the AKG they tight...like 60-70-80$

and finally the most important part...master ur program...

and thas it
    test
  10. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

ok .. assuming you'll record on your computer with a cool edit pro this is what you should get ..

mic - depends on your voice .. the AT3035 is pretty transparent and fits about all voices and it's $200 .. rode nt1000 is great on mid voices for $300 .. shure ksm27 is like the at3035, fits about all voices its $100 more though .. deep - Studio Projects C1 ..

pre amp - presons digitube $250 .. M-Audio DMP3 $160 .. Yamaha or Mackie mixers both got nice pres in em too ..

soundcard - emu 1212m $200 ..

monitors - Wharfedale 8.2's $340 ..

headphones - Audio Technica ATH-M40fs $70 ..

cables - Mogami (around $50 each) & pop filter $20 ..

there ya go ...
    test
  11. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

lol .. jokes...
    test
  12. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

LOL LOL LOL^

Sound blaster, better than pro studio's LOL. Thats why I said to post this in the audio tips and help section cuz your goin to get people sayin the sound blaster is good lol...
    test
  13. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

^ lol word ..
    test
  14. Dely

Dely In The Trap

ok i have reason to believe that u have the shure pg58 .. it was kinda odd have u gave the product name for the pg58, but didnt give 1 for this 900 dollar shure u have .. and on top of that, u spoke more on the pg58 than this 900 dollar mic u have

creative audigy is a gaming soundcard .. and u can get that for about 200 .. no way any creative audigy is what u want for recording vocals

lol lies .. no way u get quality better than a pro studio .. if that was the case they wouldnt spend all they money on they equipment, they'll just come ask u how u do it
    test
  15. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

test
  16. FaceLess

I don really need nopro studio sound at this time...i just want ome equipent to learn on..learn how to mix and all that good shit
    test
  17. Dely

Dely In The Trap

just go to guitar center and tell them ur situation and they'll help u pick out shyt man

that way u can try everything out there
    test
  18. [ Yung Truth ]

~~~~~ get a radioshack mic for 50 dollars, and a soundcard for 99, spend some quality time learning to mix and master, and save some fuckin money..cuz if your skills aint pro quality yet, then aint no use in you buyin no fuckin pro quality equipment....thats like getting your son a new pair of 200 dollar jordan shoes to play in his rec league games, and he is one of the worst players on the fuckin team.

get your skill up, then get your quality up.
    test
  19. [ Yung Truth ]

besides, if a couple hoes see you with the money you saved you might get some pussy...
    test
  20. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

I hope you listen to me because I actually know what I'm talking about....

ShureSM58 if you have to go mainstream 150$
    However....I have an Eventual Visionz N/D767a for 140$
    ^Industries best kept secret is EV...

And I find it much better than that Shure...Although if you dont have that kind of Money...
    ShureSM57 is about 90$-100$ <--And that is definitely a decent Mic....

Out of all the mixers I've dealt with...

The Phonic MM1002a is the best... It is approx 120$ depending on where you go...
    This particular model has Phantom Power....Without That extra voltage from Phantom Power...You will not be able to use a SuperCardiodCondensor Microphone like those that I have listed...

Get GOOD QUAL COMPUTER speakers...I got a 3 piece set (two main and a sub) from Altec Lansing for 50$...
    This way you know how the quality will sound before you burn it on a disk and bump it in your ride having it sound like shit...

Grab some studio headphones for 25$-50$

Ask the store guy for the wires he will tell you all you need...between Mic Chords and Connecxtion to your computer it may come out to... 30$

Get the adjustable mic stand, cause trust me if you want friends to record....you'll want it...
    30$-40$

And than finally- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FILTER....

Get A 25$ filter that connects to the mic stand and you can adjust it...
    On top of that get those little mic sock filters..Now you have perfect quality...

I don't have perfect quality cause my mic sock broke...and SamAsh is far :(
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.