If I posted up a song by a friend of mine...

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by The Jeus, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

would you guys/gals listen to it and tell me what you think? he's not really r&b per se, but he thinks he's brian mcknight [musically, not vocally]. anyway, he was doing gospel, but now he's been working on his non-gospel thing and i'm just trying to spread the word for him, i think he's talented and a good guy and he's been getting serious looks from some gospel labels, working with one of smokie norful's producers and what not. anyway, if anyone says yes, i'll post some up....if not, oh well.
    test
  2. Novaman: RaWKiLLa

Novaman: RaWKiLLa New Member

test
  3. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

test
  4. Novaman: RaWKiLLa

Novaman: RaWKiLLa New Member

Help Me Breath- dope song...really nice. Vocals are good ya boy can sing. His voice sounds like a mix between Chico and JC from N'Sync. The guitar part was decent, timing was off, I know cause I play guitar, but nice progression of chords. The beat box part was yuck!!! What he should do is add some strings to the background, and bass and drums for the rhythem section. After the bridge of the song he should bust out accapella (the background vocals sing, bring the beat box in at this time and have a bass vocal) and then go back into the chorus. That would be tight. But overall it was good.

Cupid Won't You Hit Her Again- Honestly I thought this song was corny and below average. The melody is nice but I don't like where it leads to and the words (like most love songs) are sappy. The echoes were to corny. But the thing about making sappy words sound sincere and romantic is the energy of the song. He needs a new arrangement of this song...He can keep the words (the first part of the second verse needs to go) he just needs to make the melody and the sound darker and slower. ie the blues or something jazzy. I really didn't like this one.

But he is a talented guy. As a vocalist he needs to find his own voice and vocal style. He straight.
    test
  5. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

good comments. thanks for checkin it out.... and i tried to tell him about that beat boxin'
    test
  6. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

I'll check it out once I get off work.

Have him post his stuff up on Myspace. It's an excellent marketing/networking tool.
    test
  7. nOnni

nOnni Active Member

soz dude, not the forum, mp3/music files in the appropriate forum only
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.