Ideas...

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by Mind~$oul, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Would like for the realm to drop a few ideas you may have that might make this place a little better and bring some life back into it.

Anything you can think of off the top. If you have anything we can use for the next writers challenge, drop them here.

But
    test
  2. Kaybi

Kaybi Guest

engage some kind of tournament, and only let users who are reliable and wont no show in...
    at least eigthfinals, people will see its good and come around.

other than that its a dope poetry board as it is
    test
  3. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

Tournament.

Mods pick a 'poem of the week' thype thing...

mainly stuff like that,...
    test
  4. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Side note-I think the one thing thats slowin the realm down is the lack of actual feedback, but you can't do much about that except do the same to them. I was going to ask what happened to the Poet of the Month and everything, but it seem like the realm is moving kinda slow this week, a lot are busy with things.
    test
  5. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

I'm all in favor of like a Hylighted poet for certian month or what ever, but not a poet of the month...

I think a poem of the week would be nice too, but there are just so many...
    test
  6. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Somebody was suppose to be doing a random "poet hightlight" type thing...coughnakeycoughcough, but never got around to doing it.

coughpunkasscoughcoughcough
    test
  7. BrokenSoul8604

BrokenSoul8604 Apparently Emotionless

poem of the week or a poet highlight would be pretty ill.....
    test
  8. allnakey

Alright talk to me on AIM someday and we'll pick a featured poet to do that damn thing on... cough cough beats off before writing pieces cough cough
    test
  9. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

The Poets challenge should be voted on and rewarded with a highlighted poets bracket. In other words, say we have a poets challenge of writing something and the mods from the realm, the tree, and the intercourse come in and vote at the end of the week/month on it. Who ever is the decided winner get interviewed and their favorite poem stickied. And perhaps even 5-10 points donated to them. That'll bring people in here who aren't even poetically gifted, lol. But there has to be rules and shit to it, and yet we know that already...
    test
  10. lpoet

lpoet POET

poet of the month was supposed to be my thing..sorry bout that guys..been real busy lately....nakey if u got time u can take that job...
    test
  11. allnakey

I dont got much time, but Imsure I could take a shot at it
    test
  12. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

poem of the week...would keep a lot of people writing often
    i think we should maybe have a poet interview for each month
    werent they already doin that in here?
    anyways for the poets that have been around for a minute
    any questions you want to ask them
    one poet for each month

we already do have a tourney type of thing
    the poet tree league
    not to many people competing
    so if people want to enter a tourney maybe they should come check the poet tree section out.
    test
  13. Sole Sovereign

Sole Sovereign Hungry But Never Starving

I think the board is pretty dope as is, I mean the flow of feedback is kind of wavering, but not much you can do about that. One thing I noticed that most of the poets here are fairly busy people as am I since i work 70+ hours a week.. so it kind of makes it hard for leaving feedback... but anyways the league and the tournament deal would clash... but a highlighted poet would be great. Also, the mods should get together once a week and find a consistant poet and do a quick interview with them... either through aim or pm's here on the forums or whatever.. it would be interesting to see what makes us all tick.... and possibly a random collaboration... like once every other week... the mods pick two poets from the realm that they feel would mesh.. and give them a topic to drop to

Just a few thoughts
    test
  14. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^I like the way you thinking.

Man I'd love to join the tourney, (even if I didn't do so good,) but I'm not because I can bet that I may not show up b/c of something and I think I'd be wastin the mods' time or w/e.

I told ill the other day the realm is in a coma right now, but as long as we keep on giving feedback to those in return things will be better-I think thats the main issue.
    I wonder what happened to Capella, he was good.
    test
  15. MANchyld

MANchyld Guest

cool, I have been having computer issues so I haven't had time to kick it in the realm much at all

but a tournament would be nice, cough cough nakey cough cough, to finish the last one before we started another one.. lol

just fuckin witcha

but I would like to start another tournament if people want to sign up for it
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=798714

for collabs that allnakey started but never got around to making it happen.. it's cool though, I got ya back
    test
  16. allnakey

lol, I had the idea to start a collabo tourny, but felt there wouldn't be enough participants, so i kind of had that on the back burner for a while... but ti's nice that you brought it back up again... and if you wanna finish the other tourny then make a post for it in the poet tree, get some topics and we'll do it
    test
  17. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I'm feeling the tourney idea....never been in one as a poet that would be interesting, challenging and fun

then the winner can get that "highlight" recognition everyone is so concern about....and maybe some rewards I'll be down to offer some prizes....(ex: Music and poetry books)

Let me know whats up

LRS_UFO@Hotmail.com

also the feedback is a downside here...one of the main reason I left this board and never stayed around but I'll stick it out this time and see what happens...I reccommend everyone to read at least one poem a day....(either in the morning or at night)....so far its work for me and I have a REALLY busy life....with school and 2 jobs....but I still find time to write and peep others....its all love and it helps us grow

my 7 cents

PEACE AND GODBLESS
    test
  18. nathedawg

nathedawg New Member

my 7 cents^^^^^^^^lol I can see where youre coming from... ive been around here for a minute.. i used be tooshortkpnitreal back in the day and then i went to shadygrady, now im at tooshort21 for now.... i know what youre saying...

stick around UFO... and people, people read poems, dont just look at them, and then reply to them with a wow, or damn... feel me

just my 9 cents!!
    test
  19. Cockmaster700

Cockmaster700 Worst Textcee Of All Time

naw man that two poems on the board at one time really bought the ralm to its back whoever dream up that policy had to be eating worms for breakfast some people can be stuck for a week without dropping a verse that policy really suck bad homeboy, nobody on the net has a whack policy like that
    test
  20. BrokenSoul8604

BrokenSoul8604 Apparently Emotionless

^^^i disagree....we wouldnt want someone flooding the front page with all of their work....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.