Ideas?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Cereal_Killer, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

Alright i have came to the relization i dont post on here that much anymore, so i want to come back in a big way..... I want to do something i haven't done or is different and difficult. I need some ideas on types and styles that you find abit challanging but you enjoy more.

If i don't find anything im just going to do a love poem, not any love poem this one will be remembered for awhile i can feel. Especially how dark i write i know it will come up very bizarre.

so yeh any ideas floating around that i could use chuck em up, even if it's a topic that is hard to delve into, post it. i need a chalange.

thanks for your help.
    test
  2. lpoet

lpoet POET

be back to this
    test
  3. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

make up a person who is the exact opposite of you and write from their perspective...

i might be back with a topic
    test
  4. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

thanks but most of the perspectives i write from already have none of my traits, but it is an interesting idea none the less and i appreicate the help
    test
  5. Whynot?

Whynot? Just Shut Up

If most of them have your opposite traits then find out why and write one WITH your traits and write a poem where the first letter of each line spells out a word that deals with the poem. I forgot the name of that but... (which brings up a good point, if you know the name of that drop me a line..)
    test
  6. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

whynot your on the right track thats sort of what if been thinking of

im working on a piece with an alternative half. not just a different ending put a different half side that show two sides of one story.
    test
  7. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

write a poem that is a riddle as well. I find those to be the most challenging to write, especially if its multiple stanzas
    test
  8. test
  9. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

A Pantoum... those fuckers are hard to make good...
    test
  10. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

Write about not being able to write. Not being able to put your hand to the pen and paper or even keys on the keyboard and writing. Whatever the reason may be, you'll come up with one.

Or, go from starting your day to ending your life in the same poem. Like it's the last day of your life and you really just don't give a damn and you're living it like any other day. But go through the poem from when you wake up, to your feet on the floor, and so forth and so on, to you rotting in the grave at the end. The means of death could be whatever, and make is as graphic as possible. This was actually an Idea for a collab, but I'm always busy with work and travel, so I'd like to see someone do it...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.