"I'd rather sweat during winter than be covered up during summer"...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Mar 27, 2013.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

...what do you ladies do to keep in shape?
    test
  2. DoctorKnow

DoctorKnow New Member

Wow, this thread title is so deep, i can't wait to get high & reflect upon it
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Was going for superficial. :(
    test
  4. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I try to workout a few times a week. When the weather gets nice enough I walk as much as I can.
    test
  5. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Primarily convict workout, muscle failure, and self resistence. I lack access to a gym which makes working out the lower body rather difficult.

While I'm not an expert by any means, I do know a thing or two about working out. If any of y'all have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help.

I can tell you right now that starving yourself accomplishes nothing. If you want to gain muscle, you got to eat. If you want to lose weight, you got to eat.
    test
  6. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Luckily, we started acquiring equipment a while back and have a pretty decent set up at home. I have zero excuses. There are several workout routines online that aid in working lower body. I've tried them, and they're pretty good.

Check this (and his others) out..

This is so true. A body needs fuel to function, if you increase the function it only makes sense to increase the fuel. Healthy eating is key.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Happy I'm finally getting back to my '00 - '08 working out routines, but for the most part with the city being as small as it is, it's easier to walk (and get to a destination faster) than getting stuck in traffic.

Renewed my gym membership today...bout time too.

For a while had my goal set to reaching 130ish lbs, but got past that point. As far as diets go, I've never been keen on any of them; and those rarely prove to be beneficial.

For now, the main goal is to do 20hrs/week for the next 5-6 months of killer boot camp workouts with a personal trainer, awaken muscle memory once more and get to the shape I once was in.
    test
  8. AliceHouse

Are you trying to gain weight or lose weight?

The thing about diets is sometimes people don't actually understand what it means. So they fall for fad diet after fad diet, and none of them work. The first question you got to ask yourself when presented with a diet is, "Can I eat this for the rest of my life?" Because while Jenny Craig might get you down to a weight you want, nobody does it forever.

I'm honestly terrible with diets too. Mostly a lack of consistincy. I'm looking to gain weight, I eat everything edible and sometimes things that aren't, and stil don't gain a pound. (Except recently where I've been downing nearly a gallon of milk a day.)
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Maintain my current weight, tone up, then probably gain more muscles as it progresses.

The only restriction when it comes to food is that I've taken out everything that is either pastry or snack related (as in chips for example).

I'm realllllly bad with having to drink water, so I'll probably do tea instead.
    test
  10. AliceHouse

That sounds good though. Starting out with small changes first.

In England, tea is a universal cure for everything.

In basic training they made us drink eight quarts every day. I think I might've been the only one to comply. To this day I need something to read just to urinate because it takes so darn long.
    test
  11. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

I should try harder to get back into shape. I had lost a lot of weight between March and Thanksgiving of last year. Then my job went to hell and I moved back home and I've been confined in my room in the middle of nowhere and it's been a lot harder to eat right and work out. I just haven't been properly motivated.

I should print out pictures of you girls to keep me motivated so that if I work out and look better I can potentially get a cute girl to like me. :)
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

My 1st bigger goal this year would be entering the yearly marathon around the city (in October), because I haven't done that in forever..but other than that to maintain the daily workout discipline..

It was precisely due to my stay in England that turned me into a tea nut, :funny:.

I've heard of people having reading material for when they pooped before, but not for peeing...unless it was @ the doc's...

If you'd work out solely to get a cute girl, then you'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons, imo.

It should be about you getting into a mindset of wanting to feel better via exercise & striving for a healthier lifestyle.
    test
  13. AliceHouse

test
  14. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^Words to live by.

test
  15. AliceHouse

test
  16. doslavozes

I figured that persistent guys are the ones going to jail for stalking/rape.
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

[​IMG]
    test
  18. AliceHouse

Yes, well. As the Buddha would teach, desire is the cause of all suffering. Desire comes in two forms.

Wanting the things we should not have, or trying to achieve the things we should have by using means we shouldn't.
    test
  19. doslavozes

Yeah, it's a lot easier just to not try.
    test
  20. AliceHouse

That's what I keep telling my therapist.
    test