I'd Like 2 Know About Engine Swaps

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Mellow Madness, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

I Have A 98 Civic Dx 2dr Manual Transmission.. Only Has A 50,000 Miles.. What's A Good Engine Swap.. I've Always Been Curious..

How Much Would The Engine Itself Run.. Or At Least A Price Range..

And How Much For Labor.. Which I'm Guessin Would Shit On Me..

And How Long Usually Does A Engine Swap Take? A Week Or ?

Thanks Guys..
    test
  2. Mellow Madness

test
  3. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

www.hondaswap.com

Theres a good site for swap info as well. I wouldnt expect to spend any less than 3 g's on a total swap with a B series engine.
    test
  4. Mellow Madness

Any Recommendations On A Good B Series Engine?..
    test
  5. Polar

B18C1 (GS-R Integra)
    test
  6. Mellow Madness

test
  7. Mellow Madness

O And I Was Lookin Around On The Particular Engine As Well.. But I Can't Find Any Good Prices.. Any Clue Where To Search.. I'd Appreciate It.. I'm Really Debating On Gettin A Engine Swap.. Regardless What Anyone Says [funny]
    test
  8. Mellow Madness

what about the B18c5 [funny]
    test
  9. Polar

The B18C5 is a good engine, but its pretty stressed out as is, and not really a good engine to add forced induction to if you wanted to somewhere down the line. If it were me I'd go with a Turboed B16A, but hell you could probably find a whole new civic with that swap already done for the price it would cost to do all that. LOL. The B18C5 isnt a bad choice...it will cost you more though. First place I'd look is the classifieds on some of those message boards or Ebay.
    test
  10. Mellow Madness

ya true.. but i can't get rid.. of my pride and joy and baby.. i worked to hard to save up for it.. when i was in high school lol.. i was doing some lookin on both engines.. i mostly was told the B18C1 is a better engine for the 98 civic rather than the B18C5.. i like the b16a also.. but than means i gotta cop an turbo also :(

i'd rather get one full engine swap and dont worry about it no more..

if that made any sense..
    test
  11. Mellow Madness

ok its official imma get the B18C1 engine.. i just gotta find some shop that accepts credit cards.. who the fuck is gonna be able to throw down about 3grand lmao.. ah well thanks for the help polar

time to start saving lol
    test
  12. Extension

Extension PLZ DIE THX

Fuck a C5 go C1
    test
  13. Polar

Good input there.
    test
  14. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

the thing about jdm's that suck is, they're not emission legal, so u gotta do shit that ends up counteracting most of the added performance of the japanese make to make it legal. so get your car tested, then buy a jdm...

*all info above was based on research of jdm engines with my car, i don't know if the same is true for hondas
    test
  15. Mellow Madness

isn't only for CA?
    test
  16. Polar

Dont worry about JDM engines. Thats just a bragging thing. JDM Honda engines generally have 1-5 HP more than USDM MAYBE. Its just for those that like to brag about how its "A JDM Spoon Engine y0!" Fast & Furious style.

Find an import salvage yard that may have a totaled 94-01 GS-R or 99-00 Civic Si. That may be the cheapest place to hunt a B series engine down.
    test
  17. Mellow Madness

ok coo.. b.c i saw responses about the usdm engine having more problems tho? and ya i know the jdm engine is a lot more also.. thing is .. if i find lets say an engine from a salvage yard.. i dont know what it may need when i get ready for a tech to install it u know.. and i dont want the tech to screw me over.. telling me ahh u need a new manifold.. gaskets.. headers.. etc..

this might sound stupid as well.. but wtf is a LSD.. i see that option as well.. thanks again polar for the help/knowledge
    test
  18. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

lsd = limited slip differential

it will make your car explode off the line... but nevermind, your fwd so you're going to have problems anyway... i would say, if your fwd, don't bother unless you have a shitload of cash. drew henson was running 2.2 60 feets in a stealth rt on street tires with an lsd insert that did nothing. you'll be fine, i saw a honda outlaunch a stealth rt tt, and that was an awd car..

i dont think engine swaps are too hard, my friends who drive hondas do them alot. so a) you might wanna attempt it youself, or b) get a friend to do it...

hell, i'm trying to install nitrous myself....
    test
  19. Mellow Madness

so ur sayin basically for a fwd car.. like my civic.. its not going to do shit. i could careless about gettin a quick jump .. u know.. there is no way i could do the swap by myself.. i dont have the knowledge, time, and equipment.. my only option is a shop.. and the average labor on the bitch is 1000 bux.. lmao

regardless i'm already slowly puttin money on the side..

thanks tho.. px
    test
  20. Vember

Vember New Member

Fuck a C5 go C1

wordy word
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.