I was wrong.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Shogun bodied, fair and square.

Talked a ton of shit, so I'll be a man and admit it.

Think I'm through with mma for a minute though. Wrestlers are pissing me off.
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

yeah.. he wrestled him to death lmao he didnt outstrike him standing, or beat him at his own game (muay thai).. right? murderedddddddddd evans is next.

TOWN BUSINESS
    test
  3. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Nice to see you can eat your serving of crow like a man.

Perhaps you can teach the guys at the AEH forum a lesson about that...
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

The fact that he can ragdoll you at any second fucks with the striking game, moreso than most wrestlers because of his reach.

Basically it comes down to a wrestler with 3 years of MMA training bodied the greatest LHW (resume wise) of all time. I know he's your rl boy and I actually do like him too as a fighter and personality, but this was a downer for me I won't lie. I feel how people must've felt about Brock taking over, except with Brock at least the HW division was relatively weak.
    test
  5. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

wait, you were serious about Shogun winning? I thought you were trollin...lol.
    test
  6. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I was overselling it, but yes I thought he'd pull it off.

Hey, I was right about Shogun-Machida. Cut slack.
    test
  7. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Yeah, it's not a big deal. I just don't understand how anyone could bet against the wrestler. That is all MMA is now. With the exception of Anderson beating Sonnen, the wrestler always wins. That is why I can't get into MMA as much as most do *shrugs*
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Shogun got murdered. I'm cool with Jones wrecking him, I just wish he hadn't tapped to strikes. Shit's embarrassing.

Jones is looking unbeatable right now.
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

shogun not that great of a striker. folded against someone with much bigger reach. couldnt adapt

bruce lee would beat Jones.

lol
    test
  10. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Jones' reach advantage was a big part in his win. Shogun had too much distance to cover just to land most of his strikes. I think it will require a very good grappler to beat Jones. Someone who can avoid his strikes(elbows) on the ground. It may be a waste of time trying to beat him by standing and striking with him because of his reach advantage.
    test
  11. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I feel bad for Shogun.....I wanted him to win but Bones made him look like a big fat push over.....
    test
  12. jayoo

lmao i dnt get it, why do people act like every wrestler is doing lay n pray? did jon jones not just whip shoguns ass standing up? kicks? knees? elbows? punchs? hes more exciting standing then most of your proclaimed standup fighters i dont see how that can turn you off from mma lol
    test
  13. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

When did I mention lay and pray? I was talking about betting on the wrestler because the wrestler dictates where the fight takes place. So if the wrestler is outstriking the guy, then the fight stays standing. If the wrestler is getting out struck, then the fight goes to the ground. I can already see that I won't be able to read any of your posts or engage you in dialogue with anything regarding Jones. You take anything that could be potentially negative and rush to Jon's defense...smh
    test
  14. jayoo

its not me defending jon, hes just the perfect example for my argument. i used jon because hes a wrestler who JUST learned striking the past 3yrs and outstruck shogun in the most recent event.

its a matter of who trains and puts it together best.. which i dont get why thats bad, when they standup its a matter of whos the better striker.. nobody complains that the "boxer always wins the standup" lol.. thats the point, he worked his standup, he deserves to win there.

rashad/machida was wrestler/karate and wrestling didnt win, bj/hughes was wrestler/bjj or boxing you can say but bj won, betting the wrestler doesnt always pay off when were talking the top ranked fighters and all wrestlers dont just wrestle is all im saying.
    test
  15. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

its not about wrestling, its about who can adapt to any given situation the most fluently. bones_tv is a very innovative, talented unorthodox striker and his phyiscal stats are really what give him a complete edge over his weightclass opponents.
    test
  16. jayoo

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.