i was so close to signing up for therapy, but then ...

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Nu'maaN, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i was being sarcastic in response to the post above mine lol
    test
  2. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Yeah, I guess I see it now. Just seemed genuine, as I'd expect you to favour something holistic to the evil money hungry doctors.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its ok im not very good at sarcasm, people never know when im using it, and think i am when im not.

lol i have it backwards i guess
    test
  4. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

1. Re-Read what you have written, think about it.

2. Actually, no they haven't. In fact there is zero evidence to support the science of psychology. Psychiatrists are not psychologists, just to be clear.

3. Are you honestly comparing pairing wires to the complexity of the Human mind? Wow.
    test
  5. Noncentz

Neither are Therapists, show up without money and see how much 'help' they provide.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

@Noncentz, there is a lot of evidence to support therapy. You should look it up some time.

And yes, you can show up without any money and still get help. Source: I done did it, foo'.
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

2. What. I mean seriously, what. Not only is there ample evidence for it, there is evidence on top of evidence pointing towards which methods of therapy are most effective with different personalities, levels of IQ, predispositions, past of abuse, etc., etc., etc.

Psychiatrists are worse than psychologists. Psychiatrists fix symptoms, psychologists fix problems. Unless you're really rich, you're probably not seeing an actual psychiatrist, you're seeing a licensed counselor or clinical psychologist. Those are the ones that are going to try to get to the root of the problem instead of just feeding you meds to cope with the problem.
    test
  8. Noncentz

Actually, lol, no there isn't and in the U.S that was an official declaration of the Supreme Court, look it up sometime.
    test
  9. Noncentz

Quoted myself for some reason.
    test
  10. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Speak common. A declaration of the Supreme Court what? A declaration that there is no evidence therapy works, or a declaration that they don't have sliding scale fees up to and including free therapy for those who can't afford it?

Because I really can't imagine one should take medical advice from a bunch of former lawyers.
    test
  11. King Dex

King Dex Neos Helios

I think the root of all modern day emo problems is that goyim can't handle freedom.
    test