i WAS a barack supporter, no longer.

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by DannyC, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

after hearing the racist, anti-american, derisive, maniacal rants and ravings of obama's "spiritual leader", reverend wright, i am done.

im a devout democrat, but if obama wins the nomination, i can not support this.

and i question any african americans who would support this man for the sheer reason that he is black.

u really want someone who values the views of people like reverend wright as the first person to represent your race in the white house?

thats just ridiculous.

i also caught wind of obama's voting record in illinois. hes not exactly a stand up guy. as a matter of fact, he made a name for himself by straddling the fence on any dividing issues.

im sickened that i supported this guy simply because he is an excellent orator.
    test
  2. Alias2

Alias2 rumbrave.

test
  3. DannyC

if u want to comment on american politics or my views, u must be american, or me.
    test
  4. Alias2

Alias2 rumbrave.

test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

F*ck politics.....PERIOD
    test
  6. DannyC

yes.

this is not something u can debate.

now please excuse me, for i will not be replying to you anymore.
    test
  7. Alias2

Alias2 rumbrave.

i apologise for hitting the nail on the head.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I had a feeling that would turn some white people off... just like Michelle's earlier comments about "finally feeling really proud of her country."

What was anti-American about his sermon, though?

Bill and Hillary sought the "spiritual counsel" of the Rev. Jesse Jackson after the Monica Lewinsky fiasco. Rev. Jackson was (maybe still is) a HUGE black power proponent during the '60s and '70s. That used to be seen as anti-American. Plus, she's been linked to racist comments by her husband and Geraldine Ferraro.

As for being divisive, McCain wants to continue an unpopular war in order to achieve some unattainable victory.

You gotta pick the lesser of three evils... Obama is still the best choice of those three.
    test
  9. DannyC

what was anti-american about it?

oh gee i dunno

how bout this quote

"GODDAMN AMERICA!"

which was repeated several times

the guy blatantly used a place of worship and an altar of god to make a political statement and pander to a crowd that was yearning for recognition of their demographic.

lesser of 3 evils?

ill take hilary over mccain, no question.

but im realizing more and more i have absolutely no clue what obama plans to do in office, and i dont think he does either.

the things this guy was saying were inappropriate RIGHT NOW, nevermind the fact that he said them 5 DAYS AFTER 9/11 OCCURED.

u crazy son?

i knew when i made this thread, black people would try to sway me back to the "dark side"
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I didn't hear the "Goddamn America" part... I caught bits and pieces of the segment CNN played before I left for work this morning... preachers do have a tendency of going over the top... and I'm not for any political or social pandering in a place of worship... church should be worship and prayer ONLY... no voting drives, no bake drives, no fashion shows, etc... I don't believe in any of that.

I don't think Obama should be held accountable for what his preacher says, though... mainly because he's not apart of his campaign... preachers don't always have the right answers... if Hillary's pastor said something off the wall, I wouldn't hold her accountable

What's with the "dark side" comment, though?
    test
  11. DannyC

it was a light joke in reference to the seemingly white vs. black power struggle going on in the democratic party.

i DO hold barack accountable considering that barack has assigned this guy to be a member of his campaign, "spiritual leader" and gave the guy 22,000 dollars last year.

considering if barack wins the office that this guy will be in the white house in barack's ear, im really not down with that
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people,” he said in a 2003 sermon. “God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.”

“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye,” Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001.

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost,”

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people"

Nothing he said was untrue. America is run by rich white men, the US has supported terrorism forever, and the justice system blatantly targets minorities.

And even if you disagree(which is foolish), it's his preacher, not him....Obama in 08!
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Well, you have your stand... I still say he's the lesser of those 3 evils... I trust Barack to have good judgement and to not follow unwise counsel... I don't feel the same about Hillary or McCain... both have been shown to be easily led to the slaughter... that's really how you should measure a candidate... not by what those around them say or do, but how they respond to what those around them say and do... because everybody is going to have overzealous, radical supporters.
    test
  14. DannyC

everyone in here is making very educated strong points and i encourage more, and thank all of you for educating me as well.

this is the first election ive ever actually been torn over.
    test
  15. Shellyshell

Shellyshell Addicted

What the hell did Hillery say to have to apologize to african americans? I was looking for it on Yahoo but I don't see it.
    test
  16. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Hillary is being pulled in so many different directions that she doesn't know what to say or do... she's being characterized as bi-polar by many people in the electorate because of her wild emotional shifts and contradictory rhetoric... that speaks of her malleable character... she has no core or inner value system... Hillary had a chance to take strong stances against her husband and Ferraro, but she waited until a few days ago to really apologize.... even though she self-righteously demanded Obama to "reject and denounce" Farrakan in their last debate.

Had she been a consistent, moral, honest leader who didn't hide behind lies and manipulative campaign personnel, then maybe I'd respect her more... it's not the people supporting them... it's the candidates.
    test
  17. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

She was apologizing on the behalf of the people in her campaign and their supposed racial remarks. She never really "rejected and denounced" them like she expects of Obama.

It's one thing I can respect about McCain, even though the conservative assholes don't like it... he apologized with the quickness when that Cincy host started talking out of his ass.
    test
  18. Shellyshell

Shellyshell Addicted

Ok thanks.
    test
  19. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

the same
    sorry if you were offended
    double speak
    it comes across to the untrained eye as an apology
    but it's not really
    test
  20. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

I'm no devout Barack supporter, but I also don't like the collective guilt concept.

Turning against him for this would be no less retarded than the people who are suspicious of him because his middle name is Hussein.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.