I want a project car

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by KhanDST, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

i want a car i can fuck with and make it crazy. i found a dealer with a 99 civic hatchback that was in an accident and was selling it for 1200 but he said hed go to 900 to get rid of it. im considering buying it. he said the engine n tranny is complete n that it had 64k on it. basically its all body work cuz da car runs...wat do you think, i did some shoppin around and all the body parts will run me about 2000...

http://www.bostonautomall.com/image...vic needs major work to be complete will sell
    test
  2. trifle

trifle New Member

bet some framework is fucked up too..

get an old 240sx body..
    test
  3. Pentheon

Pentheon UACC Biaaaiiiitch

thats what I was gonna tell em to get =\
    test
  4. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

i asked da dude bout the frame. no damage
    test
  5. trifle

trifle New Member

have a bodyshop look over it... i imagine there's gotta be sufficient suspension damage
    test
  6. cb1999nj

cb1999nj New Member

i have the same car... 96 dx hatchback.... red.. auto... but u can swap it easy... power windows door locks auto start alarm.... sell you my car for 4000 and you get a car that's drivable and and much better condition...
    test
  7. Tommy Guns

Tommy Guns New Member

Yo bring it up to Street Core Designs. they could do the whole car up for you cheep! hell i bet they would buy it from you for 1200 or so. but if you wanna deck it out for real they can do it for you cheep! he just rebuilt this rolled miata! its so sick now! and replaced and painted an 94 integra front bumber for under 50 bucks total! they are DRAIGHT UP SICK! Holla
    test
  8. cb1999nj

cb1999nj New Member

do they have a website?
    test
  9. Tommy Guns

Tommy Guns New Member

Nah they still undergroundish about there work (but they working on it). but i can give you info on them. , can you do your own work? cuz they could just hookyou up with where to get parts from for cheep. and install your self.i can tell you from just looking at it. its all bolt on stuff. so itsnot hard. i could even do it for you over nite. they charge next to nothing for labor. they will do 30 bucks an hour if youtold them i sent you. and thats probably a 2-3 hour job for them. expect new part jobs. but they don't count waiting down time. so holla at me and let me know.

if i was you i would buy the car! and just do it with no thinking. it doesn't seem that much of damage to me.
    test
  10. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

yea im leaning towards buyin it, where is dat place ur talking bout, i live in boston
    test
  11. Tommy Guns

Tommy Guns New Member

there from Burlington Vermont. like three hours away. so you would have to talk to them about towing it for you. no that i just thought of that. just go ebay on it and get a body kit front bumper, some nice nices and some new fenders like some Z3s. all for cheap! trust me that the way to go.its all bolt-on work.
    test
  12. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

yeah i think this car will be less to modify than buying a used civic and doing that, i have alot of ppl hating on me cuz they see a shitbox and dont want to waste time
    test
  13. Tommy Guns

Tommy Guns New Member

nah man i rebiuld cars all the time. they start of like shit, but do it right and afterwards its better then thier new car! plus you nned the parts so you might as well do them modified now, if thats what your going for!

TG
    test
  14. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Wait are you buying a project car to be a show car???? If so, WHY?
    test
  15. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

yea thats exactly wat im thinking, i got madd ppl hating on me.
    test
  16. Tommy Guns

Tommy Guns New Member

dude just do your thing. i got some stalkers on here hating me, just cuz i know cars and they don't. Dude it sounds like a good deal. low miles.not that old. with potential! go for it. go show if you want. its better then the kid that wants the midsized drifting car. and or do both like alot of kids. its what i do. Holla Son

TG
    test
  17. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

chop chop chop
    test
  18. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

DSM's
    Fierro

all would be great for projects. But show? eh..
    test
  19. Tommy Guns

Tommy Guns New Member

whats wrong with show? can some one tellme that from this board!
    test
  20. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Nothing is wrong with show... but why the fuck will you buy a piece of shit salvage car and turn it into show? It is not like it is a 67 mustang 0r 69 camaro or something it is a fucking civic.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.