I Wanna Build A Custom PC For Producing And Recording

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Rizzie, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Since we on the subject of Hard Drives crashing....I was just wondering???...

Can you take your hard drive to a Computer expert to retrieve your files off the crashed hard drive?....I have heard that this can be done...tell me what yall think?...

Just a thought....???..

BKster
    test
  2. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

Yeah you can but it costs an arm and a leg. I had a client who had to have that done but they must have had money like that! The best thing a person can do is have 1) a backup scheme 2) disaster recovery plan in place!

Jye
    How to Buy a Portable Hard Drive - Reviews by PC Magazine
    test
  3. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

About 4 years ago i lost all my shit. I had 2 HDD, one fucked up and fucked another one. All my shit was gone, HDD`s were completely bald. I recovered my shit for 100$ bucks. A friend of mine and his group had recorded second album, studio pc HDD`s burned down. 500$ to recover. Happened a month ago. I unno why they didn`t backup their shit, at least songs weren`t mixed and mastered.
    A smaller pieace of HDD u somehow saved, more u`ll have to pay.
    test
  4. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

$100 ???? your joints must have crashed. If your HDD crashes you can get that data back rather easily. When I speak of HDD failure, I'm talking about mechanical failure for which that joint has to go to a 'clean room' and that's gonna cost a pretty penny.

Data Recovery Services - RAID Data Recovery - Ontrack Data Recovery

Jye

test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Ill pay and arm and a leg for my Sounds...thats time and effort I took out my life....so if there's a way....Ill get my shyt back....

what if the hard drive that crashed...had the track for a placement with a major label?....

Would you pay to get your files off it then.....Doing so would be the right thing to do....thinking all that money bout to come back tri-fold...

This really is a throw'd azz thread....Im enjoying this shyt....

I'm sure Dr.Dre would feel the same way....

Now that wasnt a bad price at all....

BKster
    test
  6. PLT Productions

Man, it was long time ago, maybe even longer. Prices were different, more expensive.
    test
  7. slvicick

slvicick New Member

I've heard of people paying a couple thousand dollars and in the end, still didn't get 100% of the data back. It's not worth it to risk it. Buy a dvd burner or even a bluray burner and back everything up
    test
  8. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

make sure you get a good external... like sol said, shit dies out on you sometimes.. my 500gb external died out like a year ago and lost so many beats, songs, samples, sounds i dont even feel like making beats anymore..
    test
  9. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

In my opinion anyone who's serious about saving their data needs to start learning about RAID for their system. Some do basic mirrioring but if you're serious, start investigating RAID 5.

Jye
    test
  10. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I believe that too....It can get up in the money....because computer repairers know that you must really want the the files.....so they tax your azz....

I feel ya on the buy a DVD Burner....I got two Burners....and thats what my plan is too back my shyt up on 4.7g dvd data disc....buy me a big azz cd folder....and its a wrap...Ill call them the Master Copies...then put some insurance on my house and everything in it...

BKster
    test
  11. PLT Productions

I believe you a technician or smt. I heard bout one interesting back up method a while ago. I might be wrong, but i heard something like this. There`s a soft that backs up your shit, you just insert blank disc, record some shit onto it and when your system crashes or you lose your HDD`s that disc allows u to back up all your old shit onto your new HDD. Is it possible?
    test
  12. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

That sound like a bad azz soft......These days anythings possible...

I bet that soft also come with a nice price tag too....it will probably be the most you ever paid for a disk....

I was in Micro Center yesterday....and seen some dvd disc 8 gigs...and they was in the the 30 and 40 dollar price range for just 10 ...so I know that there's disc that may whole even more data...

Its Possible I'll Say...

BKster
    test
  13. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

Yeah I'm a service engineer. Sounds possible but it really depends on the cause of the HDD failure. If it's software related there are soft tools that you can use to extract the data from the partition. *A lot of Linux based soft tools can do this. Now I'm not sure if what you're talking about is the same as what a data recovery company will give you, but to me even that is a bit risky.

Jye
    test
  14. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

yeah you're talking about dual layer DVD (8.5GB) you have to have a burner that does dual layer burning and even dvd's and cd's aren't full proof. You have to get a well known good brand or risk losing data on them. i got a spindle of 100 and I have no idea what happened to them but they're all bad, something happened with the die as they all look burned. So try to save a dollar but ultimately you get what you pay for.

Jye

test
  15. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.