I Used To Be A Feminist

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by JonathanRex, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAMARA

SAMARA truth is a sword

As an artist, you need to learn much.

See the interesting thing about your feedback is-

you are telling what I am thinking and my thought process...
    as you must believe that you are able to influence ME.
    lmao, I deal with key individuals as a team-
    and Group Think is not a paradigm that we implement in any project or mission.

As well, you have attempted to tell me what to think with regards to your poem.

feedback to the visual image of your poem:

Your poem uses less than average wording and structure
    you are vaguely conveying your poem and the point is construed
    therefore misleading the audience to think for themselves.
    However, with a few less words the poem would be a fragmented sentence
    and therefore reiterates the little thought given to the reader
    and much interpretation that the audience is left to themselves.

this realm is clearly not for you.
    test
  2. HILARIONSOUL

HILARIONSOUL "one of the roughs,"

The chaotic thoughts that plunder through man and woman.!!
    We continuously doubt ourselves. And for what?
    The forbidden questions?
    The doubt in our own abilities as female and male created to Jesus spec.
    It’s always an argumentative structure among us don’t you think?
    The indecisiveness of what our roles in life are, it seems to me,
    to causes this delusion here and now topic at hand brings.
    It’s ridiculous to me how questions and debates arguments
    about what’s is right and what is wrong, what is liberal and
    what is democracy???
    Huuuum... It’s all Judgement day questions to me.
    I’ll think I’ll wait till death to see the real truths and questions reveled...
    Oh! The poem was very effective and created flawlessly
    You got what you wanted out of it...Sure your not a politician or atheists...lol J/K
    Maybe your just a good person who wants opinions and facts about what’s lacked...
    anyway
    nice thread..
    test
  3. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

Whatever, chick.
    Go back to the Spec and try to convince Menaz of your intellectual superiority.
    You'll have better results.
    test
  4. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

That's one way of approaching it.
    test
  5. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

awww UFO, I'm only on your ass all the time because I think you have potential and a very good message in your writing...I didnt find that here and after wasting my time reading his poem, I didnt think I'd further waste my time by responding to someone who is so defensive over other peoples feedback as it is. But someone mentioned that you were looking for me in this post UFO so I decided I would drop by and respond to you, seeing as how your not useless.
    test
  6. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

Nonsensical women cannot find sense in life, why would they be capable of finding it in poetry or the debates which stem from other nonsensical women who come into a thread and give feedback which in no way applies to the back which they are feeding? (Yes, back which they are feeding is senseless, I know)

There was no defensiveness over her feedback.
    I was simply telling her that she needs to pull her head out of her ass because she has not understood the poem at all. The poem actually has a VERY good message and in no way insulted women or demeaned them, yet somehow she derrived that and included it in her senseless "feedback" which I would not accept. The problem is not the poem. It is yours (and hers) inability to find the message within the poem.

Notice, she did not respond to the poem itself.
    She did not respond to how it was written or even what it was about.
    She responded in her first reply to some frustration in her ignorant ass head.
    THAT is why I went after her. Now I am going to correct you as well. Send this man a Private Message if you wish, but do not come into my thread and pollute it with your idiocy. I have countless poems of you responding to as: "Wow, you're an awesome poet!" or "Great poem!" or "Blah Blah Blah. But when I tell the truth about women in this country suddenly I'm not only full of shit, but I'm also a bad poet? Uh huh. Predictable. This world is filled to the brim with useless human beings who are completely incapable of unbiased thought (male and female alike).

Reminds me of my U.S. Politics course where we watched a video about triball religions in which the women who bore the children were worshipped as the sustainers of life and the men lived their entire lives in servitude to them (similar to how the United States used to be when men worked and all women had to do was care for the children). You know what a couple idiot upper-classman chicks said at the end of the video? The professor asked them if they would like living in that society and they said, "No way, those women were treated like shit!" The professor went off and kicked them out of his class. It was awesome. The system is brainwashing you idiot brauds.
    test
  7. Bhitiah

Awww...stuck in your own thread, defending your views which nobody is saying your not entilted too...cute!!!

I wasnt responding or giving feedback toward your poem, why you chose to do so for my response to another poet seems kind of ridiculous since you just said ...

who come into a thread and give feedback which in no way applies to the back which they are feeding?

awww...cute again!!!

I was talking to UFO, not you. I was responding to what he said, Not to what you said. I didnt come into your thread and respond to something other than your poem because I felt like it I was actually mentioned by name, by my bud UFO. So, Go ahead and proceed to look like a jackass. Nobody minds.

By the way, Poems often find themselves having multiple meanings to different people so whatever SAMARA thought of your poem was accurate in all accounts that it's how she took it. It's kind of the type of thing you subject yourself to when you write a poem and post it on an internet poetry board. I'm suprised someone as intellegent as yourself hasnt quite figured that out yet.

Unfortunately, Telling her she needs to pull her head out of her ass because she fails to agree with you...Is defensive. And a real shame too because any real poet knows that feedback, positive or negative, is helpful to the growth of their poetry. So it seems you should pull your head out of your ass, although, with your such obvious distaste for women I'm sure you enjoy it up there.
    test
  8. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

Actually the "who come into a thread and give feedback which in no way applies to the back which they are feeding" was a reference to Samara, not yourself. You were the "Nonsensical woman who cannot find sense in life, why would they be capable of finding it in poetry or the debates which stem from other nonsensical women (Samara) [Referencing the debate between herself and myself]."

Oops on you, huh?

If you respond to UFO in my thread then you are polluting my thread with uselessness. You could have replied to UFO via PM, but you chose not to. Instead you chose to come into my thread and respond to my poem in a roundabout way (while pretending you're not) as you insult my poem by saying it is not worthy of a response.

If it's not worthy of a response, then good.
    Take your childish ass out of the thread and don't respond.
    But don't respond while pretending to be "above" responding.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how (or why) people like Samara exist.

Again, not because she fails to agree with me. She needs to pull her head out of her ass not because she fails to agree with me but because she is disagreeing with me on account of something I was not saying. She cannot agree or disagree with what she does not understand and she did not understand the poem. That became clear with her first response to it.

I love Women
    It's just hard to find them in today's world

I've met a lot of imposters
    test
  9. Bhitiah

You are such an idiot, you are truly beyond help. It's very cute that you stay in your own thread while many others are being ignored, not that anybody in this realm would enjoy a response from you. And SAMARA did obviously, understand the poem, for what she saw the poem to be, poetry is up for interpretation, that's probably 99% of what makes poetry what it is. Considering that without the different interpertations of poetry it would mean absolutely nothing to most people other than the writer. Which is apparently, what you wish for. A society that completely and solely agrees with you and your views. And Dummy, I wasnt poluting your thread in any way, UFO asked where I was, I simply appeard, for him. Not for you. And, Yes your right...There was a response to your poem calling it completely worthless which is what I viewed your poem to be...Hmm, How I love open interpretation and freedom to view things through my own eyes and not those of a cloudy lonely man. Because in all reality, that's what you amount too, Isnt it? And I LOVE how you defended your sexuality, It must get tiring proving that you love women over...and over...again? huh? I bet it would. But hey, Once you learn that things are always open to interpretation, you might be a little more secure in your manhood, that's the first step to coming out of the closet my dear.
    test
  10. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

No, that is what makes for "bad" poetry.
    Good poetry is not left to interpretation.
    Philosophy and Religion are left to interpretation.
    Idologies and Theologies are left to interpretation.

Poetry is concrete. The writer is not writing for your delusional mind to interpret what they are saying however you choose. A poem is written to say a specific thing. Your inability to figure out what it is saying is not acceptable. Nobody writes a poem unless they are trying to convey a specific image or thought.
    That is why the world's poetry has gone to such shit. Every moron who scribbles out their unformed thoughts wants to call themselves a poet.

Do you suppose that John Keats, T.S. Eliot and Walt Whitman, Dylan Thomas or even Shakespeare wrote their poems to be left to interpretation? No, they wrote with an idea or a concept in mind. Your failure to understand what they are saying is not acceptable.

Only if the writer fails to do their job.
    (Which I can admit I did since neither you nor Samara have understood it)

Where did I say that?
    I'm all for different ideas and views, so long as they are founded and based upon reason. Yours are not. You don't even know what was being said in this poem. Neither does Samara. If you would have said, "I can't figure out what exactly you're trying to say . . . you need to be more concrete." Then that would have been good feedback. But that was not said. An assumption was made that I was saying something I was not saying. That is a disease of women in the modern world. They cannot think outside of the boxes that other women have built around them.

Life is open to interpretation.
    Poetry is not.

If somebody reads Shakespeare they cannot say: "What he was saying is left to interpretation." Whether you agree with what he is saying or not, is. But what he was saying is not. That is where you have failed to achieve your goal. You are disagreeing NOT with what I have said in my poem (since you do not know what I was saying). You have chosen to disagree with what you THINK I was saying in my poem because you have mis-interpreted what the poem was indeed saying.

This is your sickness.
    Ignorance.
    Many women around the world suffer from it.
    (As do many men)

[funny]

I wasn't aware that your comment was a stab at my sexuality? I wasn't defending that in the least. I'm a married man with a child on the way. I have no need to defend my sexuality to a random on a message board.

I thought you was taking on that whole butch, dyke role of saying that I am sexist because I believe men and women are to play different roles and any woman who refuses to play her "natural" "God given" role is not a woman at all.

A woman is one who understands what she was born to do and what she was not born to do. A man is one who understands what he was born to do and what he was not born to do. I love women. I love men. I despise sexually confused, westernized morons who wish to deny the very God which has ordained a way of life for mankind to function properly. That was all I was responding to. Once again you fail at understanding what I was actually saying and are now trying to insenuate something according to what you "thought" I was saying.

Coming out of the closet?
    Now I'm a homosexual because I don't agree with you?
    Do you have any control over how irrational you are as a human being?

[funny]

Not everything is open to interpretation.
    Some things are what they are. Your failure to understand them for what they are is not acceptable.

"Whispered Nothings" indeed
    test
  11. Bhitiah

Aww, You are too cute. Everything is open to interpretation but I wouldnt expect someone as close minded as yourself to understand that. So I wont bother trying to explain what is so clearly too hard for you to understand. Your not proving any kind of point by the way, all your doing is leading your open thread, into a locked one. So move along now...Spread your such WISE opinions into other threads, and stop sitting in your own thread and pouting that people disagree with you.
    test
  12. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

I'm leading my thread into being closed because I'm responding to you? Grow up.
    "I don't like your opinion so your thread should be closed." We are still discussing my poem, are we not? Is that not why we post the poems, to discuss them? Not one of you have even asked what the poem is about. You claim not to care what the poem is about, but if that is the case . . . then why are you here, why have you taken offense to the poem and why don't you go away? You don't go away because you want the last word. I'll tell you what. Go ahead and take it. I wont respond to you again in this thread. The only way any woman ever gets any power in this life is if the man decides to sacrifice it. It will be this way with politics and it will be this way in my thread as well.

Not everything is open to interpretation.
    Life is
    Religion is
    Faith is
    Philosophy is

Even your opinion of what the poet has to say is open to your interpretation of whether it is true or not.

But "what" the poet is saying cannot be left to interpretation unless either:
    A. The poet did not do his job
    B. The reader did not do their job

I will take the fact that this thread is the first thread in a while to hit page two within 100 reads as a compliment. Whatever it is that keeps you coming back into my thread to see what I have to say combats whatever it is in you that claims you do not care what I have to say. Fact of the matter is, you seek either my approval or the approval of some invisible man watching from the shadows (UFO maybe?).
    Either way, it will be he who closes this thread (at your request) if it is in fact closed. And IF it is closed, then I will simply go about my life. You see, my responses to you are for your benefit, not mine. My posting of poetry on here is for your benefit, not mine. If you get nothing from it, then simply go about your day.
    But it is clear that you was provoked by a Mod to come into this thread because either:

A. He actually wanted to see your response
    B. He knew that you would react in some negative way towards it so he provoked this entire debate which still continues.

Let me ask you for a favor. If you are in fact going to end this with a closing statement, tell me what I am saying in this poem. I will bet my future on this site that you haven't the slightest idea what I'm saying in this poem. In fact, if you can succeed in interpreting this poem I will never post here again.

If you fail at interpreting this poem correctly then I will return in this thread to tell you how wrong you are and "then" I will stop responding to you. I gave you the only true feedback in your thread but you have not responded to that. Why? Because most of you just want somebody to compliment your work. I'd love some negative feedback. But that will actually require you to understand what you are responding to. For once I would love to see somebody actually read what I write, understand it and argue it.

Hell, argue it through the form of a poem.
    Be creative with it. Just show some originality as a human being.
    Stop being just another average mind who believes herself to be unique.
    test
  13. Bhitiah

hold on wait really...lmfao @ me needing UFO's approval. that is too funny...lmao @ you...I cant even take it anymore, you are such an idiot...I feel sorry for your wife, and child.
    test
  14. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

Way to single out one thing and ignore everything else.
    You joined in 2004, correct?

"You're such an idiot, you don't know who I am!!!?"

This is a message board. I don't care to know every member or even "mod" who posts on RM. All I know is that it is YOU who has come in here with your bullshit and all you must do to make it stop is leave my thread.

If you wanna close it, close it.
    Fact of the matter is, I've been posting poetry in the realm since 2000.
    You stumbled across it four years later and posted a few mediocre abstract poems and got a little respect from the other mediocre minds currently posting in the realm that I stopped posting in 2 years ago? Wow.

"I feel sorry for your wife and child. You don't agree with me!!!!"

[funny]

Please tell me you're not old enough to vote.
    That would be a tragedy.
    test
  15. Bhitiah

I wouldnt ask a Mod to close your thread, i'm rather in enjoying myself. I could care less about you. LOL @ Mediocre minds, too bad that 90% of the people in here, new or old, have posted more quality poems than you have the entire time you've been "back" to the realm. I could care less when you came here, how long you've been posting, blah blah or how good you think you are. I disagree, I think your crap...which means, whatever you think about me, or what I write...means absolutely nothing to me. Funny how that works out huh?
    test
  16. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

Of course you think I'm crap.
    It was you who just a few months ago said that the poem I posted under an alias, (Written by Walt Whitman) needs work. You're a sham. You're an arrogant mediocre poet with a lot of un-developed talent.

The only reason you don't like my poetry is because you're too busy "interpreting it" to read it for what it says.
    test
  17. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

Whatever, chick.
    I'm off for the night.

Enjoy your plastic world of compliments and I-net back pats.
    test
  18. Bhitiah

Hmm, So now your a biter too. That's cute. And I dont particularly like Walt Whitman, So yeah...I probably did say that his writing was crap too. I dont like alot of poetry, never particularly claimed to write poetry myself, or be a critic of poetry...therefore, I continue to not give a shit...about whatever it is you have to say. lmfao @ me being arrogant, that's cute too...wow...and your a worthless poet, who bites other peoples poems...and for what? lol....nothing!
    test
  19. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

A biter?
    Are you literate?
    I said that I posted the poems under aliases to see how others would respond, not realizing that the poems are by the most celebrated poets ever. Your ignorance is astounding. Do the world a favor and find a really high bridge and do a swan dive off of it with a 20 pound weight in each hand.

[funny] @ anybody having the audacity to say Whitman was crap and then continuing to post in a Poetry Realm

Just stop replying to my thread.
    Ight? What a douche
    test
  20. JonathanRex

JonathanRex New Member

What's sad is that this poem is on page 2 with nearly 40 replies and the other one slipped away nearly unnoticed because of it's length. What a waste of a great board. Not a single part of this site has been preserved for those of us with an IQ over 100.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.