I think the reason most people will bever blow up is..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Luxuria, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WorldHipHop

WorldHipHop Carpe Diem

I get what you are saying, but a masterpiece by definition can not be corny. Corny is subjective to the ears of the listener. A masterpiece would be a complex song with a bunch of advanced chord progression, melodies & such, IE Beethoven's 5th symphony. If you think his 5th symphony sound like shit, that is subjective to you, but it doesn't change the degree of difficulty that it took to compose that song.

Music theory isn't the only important aspect of good production, just one. To take it a step further; I hear so many producers on SC & such that have developed their style to such an advanced level (drums, mixing, etx), pretty much everything except their music theory & their style is severely limited by the scales/ chords that they have "self-taught" themselves.
    test
  2. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

The Genius is finding the balance between all that musical theory & simplicity.

That right in between is what I would focus on if I was trying to be a Hip Hop Producer. It's always great to know them keys but that doesn't mean shit if you can't put a dope beat together. Some of the Greatest Producers in Hip Hop have keyboard players and usually don't play a chord themselves...but they also have an ear for what sounds good.

Dudes that know too much theory usually hold back on having style because they're too focused on what's musically correct vs what's correct in how they feel the music.

Style > Fundamentals

Anybody can be taught how to learn the fundamentals but having style is something you are born with. I run into so many corny producers that can play their ass off but can't make a drum loop that doesn't sound like it's from the 1980s.
    test
  3. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Amazing post. I think you hit the nail on the head here. Plus networking is important.
    You can be the greatest ice scultpter in the world. Doesn't matter if you live in the desert or in a rain forest.
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

exactly. I think people get super technical about it and forget that there is a certain kind of music that people want to buy and hear. If you want to blow up then make that music or do it from your bedroom or cater to a niche fan base the choice is yours.
    test
  5. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

A bunch of great producers track out on fruity loops.. what software you use doesn't judge how good of a producer you are.
    test
  6. Copywritten

Copywritten Copy Me

So true
    test
  7. JGucci

JGucci Im a Bad Man!!!

i like this discussion
    test
  8. JayRBeatz

JayRBeatz New Member

Those that have no understandin of music theory in general and jus think this is easy usually suck, even tho lex luger is jus clickin away lol believe me hes got a pretty good understandin of what hes doin
    test
  9. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

The reason most people will never blow up is they are not talented enough; most of the ones who are talented enough don't network well enough or work hard enough.
    test
  10. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

Its funny looking back at this thread, a fucking tranny talking bout who gone blow up.

The Irony of this shit is crazy.
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol @ this nigga posting in here though :funny:

lol @ perfect pitch, nigga was pitch shifting his voice to sound like a female
    test
  12. poetry sound

poetry sound New Member

I think that alot of people don't make it because of the fact that alot of A&R'S are not doing a good job. Most of them can't see talent at all.
    test
  13. SF Traxx

SF Traxx Today Matters

I think the reason most people will bever blow up is..

...because they lack the proper dedication and discipline necessary to succeed.

Everybody's looking for that golden ticket like in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory...smh

Every field/industry is competitive and just because you 'think' you're the next best thing doesn't mean sh*t. Hard work and perseverance is what matters.

test
  14. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

Great Point!

I like the way you put that.
    test
  15. JGucci

JGucci Im a Bad Man!!!

i agree
    test
  16. NonSenSE913

NonSenSE913 Active Member

But at the end of the day your "true musical talent" has you posting on rapmusic.com. Get the fuck outta here with your ego kid. Music is music and real people will respect it if it sounds good no matter if its looped or however its made. The music just has to strike a note in that persons body that makes them relate to the song.
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

exactly. People talk musical talent this and that but the music business has nothing to do with real talent. Its mostly work ethic and politics. If you bust your ass and get lucky you should make it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.