I think the reason most people will bever blow up is..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Luxuria, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

EVERYONE is trying to be a hiphop producer. It's lame. That's why I only write r&b music. yes I will make a hiphop beat but I can do those in my sleep.

The biggest issue though is people are just making LOOPS and not making SONGS. When I write my music I make sure it's something someone can sing to/rap to and it can be marketable. So many people will just take a whole bunch of sounds and blend them together like voila!

I think that limits people. No one has knowledge of music theory and counterpoint either. It's not about how banging your drums are. Anyone can do that. It's about making a song...

Rappers I see you trying to sneak out this thread but this goes out to yall to. It's 2011. No one gives a shit about "bars" or rhyme schemes anymore. I mean we do but that alone won't get you fame. It's about being able to make SONGS! Make hits!

This is why I don't say I make beats. I say I write music.
    test
  2. SwagProductionZ

SwagProductionZ @cocaineaudio

so your a producer.. writing music.... dat shyt aint gone work lmao u gone go up to an a and r and say u write.. music den he's gonna say i thought u were a producer.. then your gonna explain all dis crap to him... -_- #fail.
    test
  3. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

A producer and a composer. Playing a keyboard into Fruity Loops does not a producer make. That makes you a simple beat maker.... Being a composer, a producer and a song writer go hand in hand.
    test
  4. SwagProductionZ

oh so u do all 3? and at least with i have a key board.. lex lugers doin it with a simple click and press lol if u call him a 'beatmaker' and hes makin all these radio records... then titles really don;t matter then huh?
    test
  5. SwagProductionZ

but u r right about the song thing.. look at wiz khalifa... sucks lyrically but makes good SONGS!
    test
  6. TheTrakAddicts

TheTrakAddicts New Member

I agree with swag... lex luger made so many hits by paying his COMPUTER keyboard into FL haha... and R&B is not the way to go at all......Look at today's top songs on the charts.. They are allllll house music. Everyone is trying to make a hit for the clubs. So i'd say electro/dirty dutch/ house music in general is the way to go.

TheTrakAddicts.com
    test
  7. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Yea i agree with you on the Electro thing.
    test
  8. yoTrakkz

yoTrakkz www.iBeat.tv

music changes constantly ... There is nothing wrong wit producing and writing. Thats what i do, especially hooks. HOOKS SELL!
    test
  9. Reign

Reign Let it...

actually all of the better producers on here, produce more than hip hop....
    test
  10. Majestic1990

Majestic1990 Peace and Love

Lux, I feel you. I think beatmakers should try and use more music theory instead of too much repetition. Like using tension and release, and counterpoint like you said. Which is what i do in my beats.

Do you play piano by any chance
    test
  11. DrGreatness

DrGreatness New Member

The reason most people don't blow up is mainly due to probability. There are two levels to it: 1.) on a purely statistical level, perhaps 3-5 new producers will "blow up" each year. Out of the hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of people trying to produce hit songs, you can see that a ratio of 5/500,000 does not make for good odds. 2.) most don't even attempt to increase their probability by taking logical steps: making great music and learning how to truly compose and structure songs, making contacts in the industry, marketing, etc.
    test
  12. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

I'm classically trained on French Horn and Piano.
    test
  13. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

Building relationship with the people that truely matter is more important then talent.

You can be the greatest musician of all time, that don't mean shit in this day and age.

This is one of those debates, where its subjective. Its really up to a person own definition of success.

Not alot of producers become house hold names over night, without paying their dues in the industry first. It takes years of blood sweat and tear and time investment.

You have to work like a manic and have some luck on your side.
    test
  14. Van Alias HV

Van Alias HV New Member

eh i wouldnt mind blowing up but my style just doesnt fit that bill
    test
  15. WorldHipHop

WorldHipHop Carpe Diem

I think part of the problem that a good percentage of producers have a lack of music theory/wanting to learn music theory
    test
  16. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Classically trained.
    Knows music theory.
    Has perfect pitch.

#winning
    test
  17. WorldHipHop

WorldHipHop Carpe Diem

Do you sing? Send me a dm if you can and are interested in a spot on Wes Nile's upcoming project.
    test
  18. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

bottom line is.... besides the fact that it's takes ridiculous talent, or connections, or work ethic, or whatever you wanna say...

there's a finite demand for hip hop beats and producers. if you have even 50 well known beat makers and producers (or 50 well known producers with 500 people on the keys).... crankin out even just 10 beats a month per piece, that's 500 beats a month.

supply > demand

if you're not doing this for the love.... well, good luck and get your hustle on, dawg.
    test
  19. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

applies to every genre, anyways...
    test
  20. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

All the theory in the world doesn't mean you are going to make music people want to listen to.

Drums, Mixes, Sound Choice, Melody-Style, etc all comes into play.

I rather listen to a dope 8 bar loop than a masterpiece musical track that sounds corny as fuck.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.