I think RZA is a GOAT rapper.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ThatsNotMyName, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Man, like WTF, I always thought RZA was a great rapper, production aside. Now I was checking some reviews for Birth Of A Prince (which I think is an amazing album) and reading people's opinions, apparently some people think RZA is not that good of a rapper as I think.

Now that I think about it I never really read HHC opinions about RZA as a rapper strictly. So what it's the consensus of this forum about RZA as a rapper? I want to know.

I mean, I always really thought he was a flawless emcee, probably even deserves GOAT status the way I see it, he has dope lyrics, content, flow, delivery, charisma, vocal presence.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  2. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I don't always like everything he does, but he's still my favorite rapper. I don't expect anybody to love him as a hitmaker, flow godfather kind of mc. Most people hate him from what I've always seen... he's got the El P, unmetered shit going on, but to me it's sick techniques.

Also, his verse on this track makes me laugh:

Sometimes he just doesn't give a fuck^, but that's diversity and range to me.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

hes dope, but in the GOAT conversation? cmon man... NO.

this shit is ridiculously awesome tho...

test
  4. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

i loved him on 36 chambers
    when wutang forever dropped, he became my least fav.

but as i got older his shit grew on me again

top 5 wu rapper.

drops mad knowledge.
    test
  5. ThatsNotMyName

Yeah yeah, this, that's why I put charisma in there too. He comes off as cool as fuck on a track, he probably one of the coolest, chillest rappers ever. He sometimes just has fun and it works amazing for him. And he MURKS tracks.

test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I like his raw, 36 Chambers/Six Feet Deep style too, but I'm the opposite. He became my favorite on Forever w/ verses like Impossible, Duck Seazon & Hellz Wind Staff and his bars on Deadly Melody... saying shit like:

"cock my tongue back like a hammer/my head is like a nickel plated banger/spit .45 caliber grammar/at the speed of wind/makes you bleed within/crack your skull, without penetratin' ya skin"

Same style he used on most of the first Bobby Digital album, and on the second Gravediggaz album with verses like Dangerous Mindz. Birth of a Prince was closer to his '93-'94 style... it's like he's freestyling most of it. Real raw album.

yo @ThatsNotMyName you'll probably dig this original, non-album version:

Probably would have been on the album, but that Beatles sample must be mega-expensive.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

"niggas saw her... because they thought they saw a genie"

:chefoooh:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

Ya I got all rza shit nowadays
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

He's okay... my favorite Wu Emcees went in this order... GZA-Rae-Ghost... he's definitely a GOAT producer... Kanye who? Huh? What? I can't hear you... RZA is a top 5 beatmaker all day long.
    test
  10. ThatsNotMyName

Man, I haven't heard that version of You'll Never Know before, that shit DOPE.

I forgot too, RZA makes DOPE music overall. That goes out to all dudes out there who want to rank rappers on how good music they make and impact they have, RZA made a huge impact in Hip Hop and made some of the dopest music, contributed to some of the dopest albums ever.
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

always been a fan of rza, his voice, his out of sync flow which only he can pull off, the images in his lyrics, all >

it's not his fault he grouped with some of the best fucking hip hop artists our world has come to know.

how you supposed to outshine ghost, rae, method, and the fucking genius himself.

:numaan:
    test
  12. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

He's respectfully top 20 or 30 but I can understand and appreciate him in anybody's top list. Personally, I think a lot of his lyrical content doesn't make much sense but school me if I'm wrong.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  13. ThatsNotMyName

What do you mean about lyrical content don't making sense?
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Word, and when a producer gets into scoring movies like he has, and gets picked up by Tarantino to do the music for his films, that is huge....Rza has had such a profound impact upon the genre and music in general....
    test
  15. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

wow twamp

do u even fucc wit the wu?

greatest group ever.
    test
  16. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

I don't know how I could explain that any better. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  17. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

RZA in my personal top 10

My fav out the Wu!

tooo raw
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Matt Strickland

Matt Strickland Member

Bobby Digital is better
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

if anybody's slang in the wu-tang doesn't make sense or hard to make sense out of, it's ghost.

rza has always had vivid, raw, manga style imagery to his lyrics which i fucking adore.

:numaan:
    test
  20. ThatsNotMyName

And I don't know if I said this but I think RZA holds his own with GZA, Ghost or Rae. His style makes him shine even when having some of the dopest rappers ever on a track with him.
    test