I think Knees to a downed opponent need to be legalized

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Right now there is no consequences for wrestlers. If they shoot in and end up on one knee during the takedown attempt, a knee to the top of the head out to discourage gay n pray. Thoughts?
    test
  2. Its too dangerous.. wont happen..
    test
  3. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I guess its too dangerous, but at this point, there are no reprecussions for shooting. It favors grapplers too heavily and resembles submission grappling with striking more than complete MMA, imo.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

ground knees could be DEADLY it'll never be allowed by the commission
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

have you seen what has happened to guys who get grazed by a knee while on their knees? it's like instant knockout and they have no idea what happened for hours.

you watch GSP kneeing the shit outta that one guy he faced last year in the sides? dude submitted from knees to the side. imagine that goes to your head? you die.
    test
  6. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

Seeson my suggestion to u would be to watch some real MMA and not that UFC watered down crap

[youtube]TStDf5nBoPk[/youtube]
    test
  7. toker

kevin randleman also used them in his fight vs yamamoto but i dont see that on youtube

watch the ninja vs matsui fight

[youtube]cjwkBJVDkME[/youtube]
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

I dunno if someone went for a takedown an dropped to a knee at same point the knee was thrown it'd probably be let go.. its same as hitting to the top of the head if the person moves into it then its let go, but if you continually go at it then your warned maybe im wrong I don't see many knees thrown on shoots but I also think in most situations its cause they don't have time or don't expect the takedown, in the first TUF episode abe tried a knee during one of the 15x he got taken down lol but it was not a good look its hard to time it and place it right
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Well, right now just allowing a wrestler to beat you on points from constant take downs isn't a good look either [dunno] . It is ridiculous in my mind to attempt to simply train in wrestling as if you will be able to stop the takedowns from guys who wrestled in college and have been wrestling since they were 8. Its not going to happen, so someone needs to figure out how to make wrestlers pay for shooting.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

ufc is watered down? when fighters come from any other organization, they pretty much get trounced and are kicked out after 2-3 fights because they aren't as good as they thought they were.

i'd say ufc is actually pretty much the standard of where good fighters go to face the best competition.
    test
  11. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

It's not too dangerous.

They can definitely lead to a higher percentage of finishes from side mount and north/south.

Also, grapplers need to pay for sloppy ass shots like so...

[youtube]NMRqQJgVzZY[/youtube]
    test
  12. toker

yup u heard

ufc is like hip hop or the us economy

u kids are catchin the tail end of something that used to be good
    test
  13. toker

like i keep telllin u the ufc was and is built for wrestlers
    test
  14. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Someone shooting for the TD is considered a downed opponent? I had no idea.

Matt Serra?

[​IMG]
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

lol @ kids. and i've been watching ufc since the very first fight and try to watch whatever mma i can. the shit where anything goes is alright, but it's hard to see someone get devastated in the ring. mma has come a long way and fighters are getting better and better.

i'd put anderson silva up against any other middleweight in mma history any day of the week.

ufc wasn't built for wrestlers, but wrestlers dominate mma fights because they're the best takedown artists. when other martial arts get to where wrestling is as far as tds are concerned, you'll see a change.

and really, wrestlers don't even dominate. i think lesnar is the only wrestler that does right now. everyone else may have wrestling experience, but it generally doesn't win them the fights.
    test
  16. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

yes
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

spot on

Honestly, I see no reason for 4 points attacks being illegal. They've been used a lot and there has been no more permanent damage than there is with North American fighters under NSAC rules.

I also feel that upkicks should be allowed regardless of whether or not the person is on their knee.
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

White after grabbing Pride:

"White previously said in an interview with the Las Vegas Review-Journal that Pride will be adopting the UFC's rules and weight classes. "As far as I'm concerned, if an organization doesn't follow these rules, it's not MMA,"
    test
  19. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I agree with permitting upkicks. Right now, the grapplers are too highly favored.
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

knees to the top of the head should be legal.......def

and upkicks from the guard to the face should be legal......

just no kicks/knees to the back of the head, or foot stomps to the face..lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.