I Think I Got Fucked...

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by rez0nate, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

I just copped a MXL-990, it didnt come with any wires or nothing, and I think the phantom power i just ordered wont come with cables either.....

Do they come seperate or what? and what cables will i need to hook up the MXL & Phantom to my computer?

If anyone can clue me in and maybe gimme some links i would appreciate it....
    test
  2. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

ok lemme tell u....u need a mic cable monster makes some good ones.then u need another cable haha dat i dont kno da name of but basically ull need a 1/4 converter i think it is to hook it up to ur soundcard, however i have the m-audio duo usb preamp so all i needed was da mic cable but da preamp ran me 270 but da quality i get from it is much crisper than other ppl wit da same mic i have but i dont kno how warm u want ur audio but just run into guitar center and dont let them jip u
    test
  3. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

Sounds sorta what i was thinking of....

If anyone has any links to the shit i need PLEASE drop them, i would like to see what i need so i dont get fucked over....
    test
  4. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

its not that hard dog..lol....look at the openings and u get a wire that fits into them...on the reall...

nah but...prolly a xlr from the mic to the phantom...and i duno what kinda output and input u are workin with on the phantom and computer..so i wouldnt be able to tell u

test
  5. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Just Buy The Wires.. Simple
    test
  6. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

test
  7. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

basically what DJX said. but since i'm such a nice guy...i hunted down some of the shit for you.
    your gonna need:
    http://img.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/33/336360.jpg to go from the mic to the phantom power
    and then tell us what the ins and outs on ya phantom power is...but i'm guessing you'll need:
    http://img.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/33/336121.jpg to go from the phantom to the computer, plus a little adapter for 1/4 to 1/8

why didnt you get a preamp or mixer instead of just the phantom power?
    test
  8. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

and btw you didnt get fucked...cables don't come with shit most of the time....
    test
  9. PG-13

PG-13 Kiss My Ass

He is telling you the truth most don't come with Mic cable most of the time you see them included on specials
    test
  10. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

-o-....

well, It said I needed phantom power to run the condenser, so i thought i would just buy that, i can run a regular pre amp on a condenser?
    test
  11. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

yeah..once u get into hi-end equiptment...they start being gay, and dont include wires...becuz...wires for that type of equiptment can easily range from 5$ to 50$ depending on adapters, length, brand, and the kind they are. monster is the best. but they are expensive, and its best to leave that until you are completley done with ur studio, so ur not looking for new cables in a month or so, when u move sum fernature around to accomidate new equiptment, and find out a certain cord isnt long enough, or that u need a different end on one cord to hook up to ur new unit. go with cheap ass wires for now (firewire, livewire, watever the fuck they called, decent shit, lil expensive, not as bad as monster though).
    test
  12. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

microphone preamps have phantom power. that is part of the reason you get one, in addition to all its other features/advantages. if you can...return the phantom power and buy a mic preamp. thats what they're for.
    test
  13. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

arright, I'll do that instead...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.