I signed up for the RSTL

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by J o o k, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Guest

So, I know there is a few of you who wanted to go against me.

Now is your chance, because honestly, this may be my last run.

I am getting old lol (almost 24 = [ )

It's time to focus on starting a family and furthering education (hopefully law school).

I just have a lot of suppressed writing that needs to be let out and this is the perfect way to do it.

So get in there and get at me before I hang it up.

Pz.
    test
  2. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

almost 24 is old? lol

i thought you were in your late 20's already

i'll make sure and read ya shit when u drop... ur one the last of a dying breed of writers worth reading
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Thanks L, I appreciate that duke. Yeah man, I feel like these years are passing me by lol. Got a lot of things to do before 30, I know you understand as you seem to be very goal oriented too.
    test
  4. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Jook you get on that ACTC when I told you to? I bought 10,000 when it was at $0.04/share and it closed at $0.17 yesterday after all the stem cell breakthrough news.

You may could still get in on it, hold for the long run though. They got patents on some research that they lease to other companies. Jumped about 40% yesterday alone, hoping it hits a dollar or two under Obama once the federal funding for stem cells goes through.

Look into it, brah. We caking.
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I didn't even check it out. I am going to right now though. You're essentially up 1,300? That's a beautiful thing. Yes the stem cell advancement and the fact that Obama wants less stringent regulations on the research is going to push it through the roof. It's Saturday so I am going to see what it opens at Monday morning.
    test
  6. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

L and Return need to join the damn league damnit.
    test
  7. TheReturn

Essentially, yes. Only thing that sucks is on Sharebuilder you have to pay $0.01 per share in commission if you buy more than 1000 shares so the commission alone was $100, same for when you sell them I think. So really it's $1,100. But it's an incredible feeling to make money doing nothing. I think I'm going to model my life on that feeling. I still got Freddie Mac though, lol. It's gotta go up at some point, and I got nothing but time.
    test
  8. LDogg The King

sounds like fun.. I gotta learn how to mess with stocks
    test
  9. LDogg The King

hell yea man i feel that. I'm really trying to move to west LA at get more into the film biz this year before end of summer... thats my number 1 goal this year
    test
  10. TeKneeK

Ldogg... 2 words..

venice beach.....

another 2 words...

cali women...

last 2 words...

too good.
    test
  11. LDogg The King

tek i actually found a nice 1 bedroom 1 block from venice speedway strip.. really temping.. but i also am looking at getting a room in a big house.. that way I would get to know some people quick an possible network myself into a good job from there.. u gonna have to have a drink with me though when im settled somewhere
    test
  12. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

wtf @ 24 = getting old

:shoots daggers:
    test
  13. TeKneeK

hey man stay in touch..whenever u touch down cali... holla.... im downtown there every weekend... so let me know ...
    test
  14. TheReturn

I just check Yahoo Finance every day. Type a company into the quote box, click on income statement and make sure they are consistently growing their income each year and operating in the positive. Then click balance sheet and look for lots of cash without very much short term debt, etc. Basic accounting stuff, then narrow it down to what industry you want to check out. Under Obama, things like alternative energies, health care, stem cells, etc. are all looking good. Construction companies may be good if this infrastructure stimulus plan goes through.

Just try to stay a couple steps ahead and only pick the best companies you see. Low debt is huge, but on ACTC, I picked them even though they're way in debt because the share price is so low that I could get tons of shares. Makes the risk way less than the potential payoff so I didn't really care about their financials as much.
    test
  15. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

test
  16. TheReturn

Lolol, opened at $0.20/share.

I love it.
    test
  17. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

L should stay away from the RSTL. I can't remember the last time that man won a match.

But Return would be awesome, I'd love to see him get down in the cypher thread, not to mention have a collab battle against him.

And Jook, we've always had our problems, but I've always respected you as a writer, and it's nice to see some good competition creeping back into the league.

The league has FAR exceeded any expectations I had for it. Tek, my man, hats off to you. You are doing an INCREDIBLE job and I haven't seen this much interest in the league in a good long time. Right now my friend, you are blessing to the league and I sincerely hope you continue to moderate it, because I can't see it going under again as long you keep it up. I'd rep you, but it says I hafta spread rep around before that.

P.S. Fuckin' Republicans, you talk all this shit about stem cell research, yet you're not too proud to make a dollar off it. Bastards...
    test
  18. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

So, you're back in JooK?

..hmmmm, i might sign myself up.
    test
  19. TheReturn

Rofl. I think the positives for stem cell research far outweigh the negatives, and as long as we don't have infant farms that abort babies just to harvest stem cells, I don't really have a problem with any of it.

But yes, it's at $0.29/share now. I ain't complaining a bit. 725% return on investment roflz. Get some.
    test
  20. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

lol, I'm pretty sure the most liberal mother fucker on earth would agree with that. Just sayin' that wasn't your party platform for the past 8 years.

And word, trust me if I had to money I would get into stocks. I made my dad three G's in the 6 months the one time he let me watch his stocks. Of course, I got greedy and lost two of those g's, lol, but stocks were always something I was good at, but never had the means to get into.

Maybe I'll get into penny stocks again, the last time I fucked with 'em two of the companies I invested in went bankrupt. I guess that's the risk you take when you only have 20 bucks to invest...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.