I Saw the Devil ~ Akmareul boatda.

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by GaLaTeA, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Jee-Woon Kim; the master director of harrowing "A Tale of Two Sisters", dynamic disconnection of "The Good The Bad and The Weird" and the upcoming film The Last Stand, with which he's supposedly meant to re-awaken Arnold Schwarzenegger's career; also directed the movie "I Saw the Devil", with which I dare say he caught up on a parallel with top Korean films such as "Cold Fish", "Bedevilled", "The Chaser and the Host".

Say we throw in, a two and a half hour long cat&mouse game, where the young policeman Soo-hyun (Lee Byung-hun) goes after a psychopathic killer Kyung-Chula (Choi Min-sik), who brutally cuts up his fiancee. Excellent movie, incredibly convincing, unique, breathtaking and filled with such an ominous atmosphere, photography and killer pace that the viewer 's barely surviving.

The main actors have done a superb job ~ the first is one of the most horrific, vile, heinous psychopaths like ever, and the other perfectly captures the desire for revenge and for all the rage he carries, there's an even more flawless way of masking a broken heart. The trick lies in the fact that the psychopath doesn't want to kill a police officer, but toy with him; capture, torture, release and repeat again. Here the lines between a hero and a fool have completely vanished, because they both went to hell.

I Saw the Devil, will no doubt become one of the best films of the new millennium.

test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

looks disturbing lol
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Oh, it very much is...:funny:
    test
  4. NaSh

NaSh o_

I need to finish watching this. Got half way through an had to go out. Great film so far

Delivered by a Carrier Pigeon called Geoff
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.