I ride with tchalla the black panther,capt.america,shang-chi,nightwing,daredevil,...

Discussion in 'The Library' started by DethStryque, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

...and more like DANIEL RAND THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST,LUKE CAGE,of course BATMAN,and most of the dope street level heads.I'm down with MARK MILLAR'S ULTIMATES,and I'm about to try BENDIS' REVAMPED AVENGERS BOOKS.

But my #1 throwdown is TCHALLA THE BLACK PANTHER.Lotta ignant hatas hate on TCHALLA but that's my dawg.He's being recently called THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN and that JUST STARTS TO SCRATCH THE SURFACE of what and who he is. I hope he returns to his own series soon.Same with NIGHTWING.Love me some Dick Grayson,that kid is ill and got stupid skillz.But nobody touches TCHALLA.TChalla mops the floor with Batman (TCHALLA is much smarter,much richer,a much better fighter and physically superior) takes down Steve Rogers AND Bucky Barnes...TCHALLA is pretty much the pinnacle nonsuperpowered superhero out there.He takes anybody and everybody of Spiderman strength on down and no less than 50% of those who are Spider man strength up to Thor's and THE HULK'S strength. This guy can contain and/or defeat THE AVENGERS solo...similar to how BATMAN had plans to take town the whole JLA if they went rogue.In fact,TCHALLA outperforms RAS AL-GHUL,who (in his prime) is the only guy to outguess and out think THE DARK KNIGHT himself.

So yeah who's down with TCHALLA up in here?
    test
  2. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

Actually, your wrong. That's considered to be cap all around. T'challa relies a lot on technology. Even when cap lost his super soldier serum he was getting after it. If anything
    for me to be a street leveler you must be un-augmented Nightwing, Shang Chi, Batman, Even Daredevil's not a pure street leveler in regards to his enhanced sense. Luke cage is in no way in hell a street leveler. He's easily in the 10 ton range with his steel skin as well. Hell, Cap has even enhanced himself in the past with superhuman strength and had considered it once before in the early 300's of his series when D-man had got augmented. Batman even did a little strength enhancement when he got hooked on Venom. And as for Moping the floor with Batman. [​IMG]
    Find Bane in Secret Six stories tend to be pretty good.

Oh, forgot Black panther is enhanced by serving a Cat god as well. So not a pure street leveler. You gotta look at guys like Bullseye, and Hawkeye as well.

And I got someone for Black Panther that would merk him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  3. DethStryque

I disagree.That's TCHALLA and the BLACK PANTHERS all around.All day.Having tech doesn't mean that you're not nonsuperpowered or street level.Is TONY STARKS considered superpowered prior to his infection with the EXTREMIS virus? Most people don't think so.If you're of the opinion that his sole superpower prior to that time was his intellect,then Deathstroke would qualify on a lower spectrum and TCHALLA would ABSOLUTELY qualify on AT LEAST AN EQUAL LEVEL TO TONY.Prior to his Extremis infection,T'CHALLA was very likely the smarter of the two.Now? Nobody knows...Tony has been said to be equal to or superior to Reed Richards by some,and so has TCHALLA.I think that Each of these triumvirate represent a tremendous intellectual pinnacle--Reed has the brightest pure intellect,Tony has the coldest combo of hyperintellect and intuitive interface therewith,and TCHALLA very clearly has the most balanced combo of hyperintellect,hyperintuition,and hyperspiritual balance.T'Challa,in superhero terms,would be a combo of Doctor Doom,Captain America,Wolverine,Beast/Nightwing and Shang-Chi...with a taste of Brother Voodoo (before he became DOCTOR VOODOO).

The Black Panther v Deathstroke the Terminator debate has been raging for the longest.BP mops Deathstroke.Basically BP is physically superior to Deathstroke in every way.BP is Deathstroke with more money,greater intelligence,greater access to tech and incredible resources (being able to draw upon the whole country of Wakanda),greater access to and facility with the use of magic,a spiritual dimension that Deathstroke lacks,and h2h combat skill that is AT LEAST Deathstroke's equal.Furthermore,BP is AT LEAST as cunning as Deathstroke is.Slade is ill no doubt and it would be a pitched battle between the twobut BP would emerge the victor (we're assuming a non-prep time battle here.Just go with whatcha got on you). BP remember is built by CJP to outperform the model of the Ras-al Ghul who was the only one able to confound Batman.TCHALLA is also--and this can't be over emphasized enough--the descendant of the warrior supremes and the pinnacle spiritual and technological human civilization (the Wakandans) in human history.Furthermore,Deathstroke couldn't outwit or outfight my main manz NIGHTWING,and even though he's crazy dangerous and took out some of the JLA solo,recall that TCHALLA has long been able to take out the whole Avengers.ALL OF THE TEAM.SOLO.He could even stalemate or overcome THE MIGHTY AVENGERS,as was made clear years ago.This is the guy that Marvel recently began calling "THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN THE WORLD".I mean THE REAL BP,not that chump that those fools before CJP,Reginald Hudlin,Eric Jerome Dickey,Dwayne Mcduffie,Denys Cowan,Jason Aaron,and Jonathan Maberry wrote him.We just didn't get that reveal until RH built on CJP's theme as to why in the world the King of mighty Wakanda would join American superheroes.

In Eric Jerome Dickey's BP miniseries dealing with TCHALLA and ORORO as kids meeting for the first time (a series that was INFINITELY BETTER than the WAKK original script) prior to THE MARRIAGE OF THE CENTURY,EJD has TCHALLA reveal that neither T'CHAKA nor T'CHALLA are physically enhanced in the true superhuman sense.T'CHAKA defeated Captain America WITHOUT relying upon some form of enhancement,which Captain America has due to the SSS in his veins.This point was specifically made by EJD and RH during EJD's miniseries.The only "superhuman" enhancement that BP has received that we're aware of are the strength and magic resistance upgrades that Maberry gave him,and even the "supersenses" and "superagility" that TCHALLA enjoys are part of the spiritual synch that he has with THE PANTHER GOD (as you alluded to earlier) and are really pinnacle human performance.

Yes,T'Challa is a tech guy on a level with REED RICHARDS,DOOM,TONY STARK,etc. but he also has access to huge levels of magic that is unavailable to any one of the previous trio except for maybe DOOM...he just hasn't been written in a way where he employed it regularly until Reginald Hudlin's run,and nobody even deignedto think of exploring it until Jonathan Maberry wrote DOOM WAR.

I agree with you that LUKE CAGE isn't nonsuperpowered,but he's considered to be "street level" in Marvel.He was even referred to as "street level" by former SHIELD DIRECTOR HILL during THE CIVIL WAR series written by Mark Millar.Daredevil and everyone else I mentioned--including Iron Fist--is considered to be 'street level" under the same definition that places Luke Cage aka Power Man as a street leveler.And that same definition largely defines TCHALLA as NONSUPERPOWERED...which is another way of saying that they consider him to be SLIGHTLY SUPERPOWERED,lol.Btw,Sam Wilson aka THE FALCON should be street level but many say that he is ALSO considered to be superpowered due to his link with his bird and avians in general that was allegedly granted to him via THE COSMIC CUBE.That ability and its source is still being disputed by many.Furthermore,Sam Wilson is supposed tgo be one of the best acrobats in Marvel,but we never see him doing anything acrobatic until CJP wrote that CAP AND FALCON team up.

I remember Captain America considering the superstrength thing back during the D-MAN days during the 300's.That was a good while ago.Props for showing the knowledge of Cap's history to even bring that up.Same for Batman and the time he was hooked on Venom.Lotsa people forget about that...like they forget about the time that Frank Castle was Black for awhile.

But T'CHALLA's strength enhancement is gone (see BLACK PANTHER: MAN WITHOUT FEAR) and even if it wasn't? His strength level was "merely" DOUBLE the current REAL WORLD BENCH PRESS RECORD.So this once again places him squarely within that fuzzy category of "pinnacle human".

Bullseye is enhanced by the Adamantium in his skeleton.Imho Hawkeye,Boomerang,and Bullseye are guys who've honed skills to a level that seem superhuman but are likely near pinnacle human.Shang-Chi is also in this area imho.
    test
  4. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

And they also take a herb and are powered up by a Cat god as well. And you said T challa as in reference to T'challa as the black panther not the new current black panther.

Black Panther (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Power

After he was tricked and ambushed by Doom and the passing of the Panther mantle, T'Challa lost all of his enhanced attributes given to him by being the panther totem. As a result, he has been working with his sorcerer, Zawavari, to accumulate a replacement.[32] He has since made a pact with another unknown Panther deity, returning his attributes to an even higher level as well as placing incantations on his body, making himself highly resistant to most magic and mystic assaults. This has all been done in preparation in an impending battle with Doctor Doom.[33]

The title "Black Panther" is a rank of office, chieftain of the Wakandan Panther Clan. As chieftain, the Panther is entitled to eat a special heart-shaped herb, as well as his mystical connection with the Wakandan Panther god, that grants him superhumanly acute senses and increases his strength, speed, stamina, and agility to the peak of human development. He has since lost this connection and forged a new one with another unknown Panther deity, granting him augmented physical attributes as well as a resistance to magic.[36] His senses are so powerful that he can pick up a prey's scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones. T'Challa is a rigorously trained gymnast and acrobat, showing mastery in various African martial arts as well as contemporary ones and fighting styles that belong to no known disciplines. In Doomwar, T'Challa created a completely new form of martial arts combat style which incorporated both science and sorcery.[volume & issue needed]

He is a skilled hunter, tracker, strategist, and scientist — he has a Ph.D. degree in physics from Oxford University. Considered one of the eight smartest people on the planet,[37] he is a genius in physics and advanced technology, and is a brilliant inventor.

As king of Wakanda, the Panther has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, advanced Wakandan technological and military hardware, as well as the support of his nation's wide array of scientists, warriors, and mystics. The Wakandan military has been described as one of the most powerful on Earth. His attire is the sacred vibranium costume of the Wakandan Panther Cult.

In Volume 3, writer Christopher Priest expanded the Panther's day-to-day arsenal to include equipment such as an "energy dagger", a vibranium-weave suit, and a portable supercomputer, the "Kimoyo card." In Volume 4, writer Reginald Hudlin introduced such specialized equipment as "thrice-blessed armor" and "light armor" for specific tasks, and also outfitted him with the Ebony Blade, however the Ebony Blade was recently returned to the Black Knight by T'Challa's wife, Storm.[38]

And actually i was also referring to another time he had superstrength as well. During this period, Rogers also temporarily gains super strength.[49] # ^ Captain America #159 (March 1973)

Captain America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And actually, Deathstroke is a trained Vet and was further trained by Adeline Kane who he later married. Then later it's stated that he was trained by an assassin by the name of natas. Who leter trained the Green Arrow. trying to keep his ass from being killed by Deathstroke. During that fight with batman his healing and powers were on the fritz as well. Stroke is a metahuman as well putting him in the superhuman category as a result of the government experiment. The extent to his strength increase is unknown as well. Says he's as strong as ten men in Wiki and other things I have found on him. But, I think that he maybe stronger. He's not really known for the strength department for someone his size that's not what he's really made as his big sale. Excellent Tactician, fighter, killer and the best to get for the Job when it comes down to it. Superman's even recruited him. He's been able to evade supes temporarily in another issue after he helped against brainiac, He's fought the Jla to a stand still, Luthor calls upon him when he needs shit done, He's been the biggest problem for the Titans for years. And not the undead assassin thing as seen in the Cartoon. He's beaten green lantern's before. And when he was fighting the JLA he nearly outwilled Kyle for control of his power ring.

Deathstroke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and as for Tony being super powered when he's wearing the custom he is. Since he's had the Virus as well. anything that he uses to put him above street level. and to me that would be the likes of Batman, Daredevil, Hawkeye as some prime examples of that. And Bullseye even to me the Adamantium really doesn't help him in fact it should even hinder him. Much like when Wolverine was suffering from Adamantium poisoning when the mutants were depowered by the Scarlet Witch after M-Day. And as i remember that adamantium was only put in his spine and with the newer stats for Logan it makes you quite a bit heavier. Wolverine was always put at 5'3" 180. But, in the past few years they have been putting him at 300 lbs cause of the adamantium in him.

I agree with you on that last section. about the street levelers and they really need to pin down there characters. It's like having Ka-zar take on Thanos and win.
    test
  5. DethStryque

First off,I'm enjoying this convo.

Secondly,I have subscribed to every BP since CJP wrote his seminal work which redefined TCHALLA into the man he is today.I have THE DEADLIEST OF THE SPECIES and I've long known that SHURI is the current BP.However,in MAN WITHOUT FEAR David Liss the writer clearly shows that TCHALLA is WITHOUT ANY FORM OF SUPERPOWER that he received in his augmented form under Jonathan Maberry and which you listed in your Wikipedia entry:

http://comicattack.net/2010/12/davidlissint/

It's also clear that TCHALLA is still a Black Panther,he's just not THE ONLY BLACK PANTHER.We're finding out what he can do without the traditional BP superpowers,and I expect taht to be quite alot.He's still one of the 8 smartest people on earth,he's still a supremely gifted warrior.He's still King of Wakanda.Reginald Hudlin and Jonathan Maberry introduced the novel idea of two reigning Panthers,which has its origin from years ago is an idea when TChalla's Uncle S'yan was in Panther garb when he fought KLAW even though T'Challa was both BLACK PANTHER and KING in Hudlin's opening arc called "WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER".

There have been happenings in the books which haven't made it to various wiki entries and even to Marvel's official info thread on the characters,i.e. an explanation for the appearance and operation of two BLACK PANTHERS concurrently.David Liss' BLACK PANTHER MAN WITHOUT FEAR is very clearly a street leveler (in Marvel's somewhat muddy definition of the term) and TCHALLA is essentially returned to a point wherein physically he doesn't appear even as uberbrilliant or physically strong as CJP and Dwaynce Mcduffie had him (CJP had a 50+ year old TChalla body slam a rhino so hard that he killed it,and TCHALLA dropped Namor with a single blow under CJP's pen) or as magnificent a warrior as Reginald Hudlin and Eric Jerome Dickey had him (by far the hardest hardcore BLACK PANTHER ever was written by RH).

There will be another fluctuation of TCHALLA'S power levels after BLACK PANTHER MAN WITHOUT FEAR is done,but essentially I expect that TCHALLA has been returned to approximately his CJP days insofar as powers and abilities are concerned.Street level,for Marvel.But TCHALLA will be minus the tech,cunning,guile,etc.But I haven't read the books yet (my LCS keeps selling out) so I'm biding my time and going to read the books as they come out.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.