I only play COD4....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Trey M, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

I bought a xbox about 4 months ago and only game I bought was COD4...then I bough GTA4...I played GTA for 2 weeks then traded it in and went back to COD4...im addicted
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Me too, I own GTA4 and Metal Gear 4 and I only play COD4.
    test
  3. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

shit i played COD4 for like 2 weeks and i got bored..
    test
  4. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I get worse every game now in COD4...

Explain this... I first start playing COD4...first time ever playing the franchise...and I average about 8 kills a game and 4 deaths....

then as I got better I started averaging 15-20 kills a game and around 10 deaths.....

now?

about 8-12 kills and 10 deaths...

shit doesnt make sense. I get killed with 1 shot most the time, while an entire clip doesn't even kill people many times for me...

plus everyone on there camps now. It's flooded with homos that care too much about "prestige". Oh man, 9 more kills and i get my golden .50 cal. her hee hee her....
    test
  5. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

me too

[youtube]Cmp0Beo8O_Y[/youtube]
    test
  6. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

when I first started I was sraigh garbage...i would go 4-20.....now I average 39-12...Im pretty good now...I play everyday when I get off work, so Im above average now...im a month or 2 I will be God-like status
    test
  7. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The game has been out a long time now, I would say alot of the shitty players have been weeded out, and alot of the casual players have moved on. I am still kicking ass, but I took off 2 weeks and when I came back I did awful for a lil while.
    test
  8. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

What are you playing to get 39 kills?

its rare for anyone to get above 30 in team death match or hardcore (zz.zz.zzzz....even more rare there. Due to campers).

-Oz- Yeah, I see that, and I could understand if people were just getting better, but that's not the case.

I literally have to use an entire clip to kill people most the time while they kill me with 1-2 taps of the m16 trigger. It's ridiculous. I'm amazed every time i watch the kill cam, because I could never kill anyone with 1 shot of an m16, unless it's a head shot of course.

I'd think it was some sort of lag, but the cross icon that lets you know you're hurting them comes up the entire time...but i might as well be shooting a water gun.

People are finding the best hiding spots also...that's killing the game. I hate just sitting in 1 spot the entire match waiting for people to walk by, but that's typical these days. That, and people manipulating the maps jumping all over walls to find some spot that no one will see you at.

It's crazy streaky too though. I'll go 5 games in a row getting 20+ kills, then go 2 games getting under 10. Where during the good streak, my bullets work like they're supposed to and on the bad, I cant even kill people with grenades. People also walk right through my claymores, and then i'll shoot them......only to be knifed. lol

I think a lot of it is due to people with shitty connections. I've noticed when I get in the yellow bar area or only 3 bars...i'll kill everyone. If I have 5 bars like usual, I struggle. Seems common in this game for it to work that way with people.
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dunno, I rarely am in a match with anyone who hasn't prestiged at least once. No more newbies to beat up on :(
    It might be lag. If you got 2 bars and someone has 3, all the bullets in the world wont make a difference, you are going down. If I ever have 2 bars, I just quit, its fucking pointless...you wont get any kills and if you do, its going to take an entire clip.
    Campers dont bother me too much, the problem is more like, there is no hiding spots left! You literally cant hide anywhere because as soon as you pop out, someone is going to run by with a cooked grenade and take you out. I been watching the kill cams lately for these grenade kills, and some of them are outrageous. I was on broadcast, in the room...where the roof over looks the room hiding in the corner trying to capture a HQ, and someone lobbed a grenade, from ground level, over the roof into the building....RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I almost had the HQ too...

lol Thats the complete opposite of how it works! As for the streaks, it depends on weaponry choices and maps. Personally I do very well in close quarters combat. I normally can get 40 + kills on Vacant, Showdown, Wet Works, Broadcast, Ambush, Bog & Countdown.

But put me in fucking Back Lot and Ill prolly go like 16-12. Same for Strike, Over Grown, Bloc, Pipeline, Crossfire (Hate this one).

I normally fair pretty well on District, Down Pour & China Town.

Normally 80 plus on Shipment.

I wont even play Creek. I quit every time...
    test
  10. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Actually, It's pretty common the more bars you get, the worse you do. The worse your connection...the better. On this game at least.

I was just reading the COD4 forum on xbox.com and a lot of people have noticed that.

and I never see anyone get over 30 kills. You playing on PC?? On XBL the other day a guy got 32 and people were like 'wtf'. Usually the top 2-3 are in the mid 20's.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well I play on PS3, and that's down right crazy to me. I am good, but there is people ALOT better than me. I see someone with 40 kills almost every single match. But then again, I only play Headquarters, it's really really difficult to get that many in team deathmatch.
    test
  12. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

after i beat the story mode on gta4 i just went back to halo 3
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I commonly see people in TDM with 30+. The most I've got before is 52. Though that's around the time whole teams kept being 'forfeited', so I basically got to take on a whole team to myself. Which is how you get 30+. If you're on a team with tards, campers and circle runners, then you'll be able to take more kills. If you work harder than your team mates, you get their kills. Simple.

Assuming you've got decent reaction speeds, you're not hitting enough chest cavity/head shots. I've noticed alot of faggots are now using Juggernaut to easily combat people who use the silenced P90. It's gay but effective. If you're used to using the Silenced P90, you see some one and inaccurately spray the amount of bullets you know would typically put some some one down.

I've not seen that once and I play with people who would do that shit if they could. I see people getting on top of roofs and boxes etc, but never once seen anyone go 'invisible'. Also, once they've done it, you should know to look for them there. Hiding spots isn't killing the game at all. All you have to do is look. If anything it makes the game more challenging.

I've never heard or experienced that. I can immediately tell I'm lagging and when I'm not, without looking.

The only 'bullshit' issue with connections that COD4 suffers from is the Hosts connection. You can immediately tell who is the host or if you, yourself are.

I took a 2 month break from COD4 and I've just started playing it again and whilst I'm still averaging 20 kills (freeforall) and top 3, it now feels like I'm re-learning this shit.

I used to be a GOD in Search and Destroy. I commonly could be seen getting 800-1000 points, but now I can't get over 500, because people now use different attacking patterns and defend differently.

Maybe that's just what your experiencing.
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Yep, thats me. My main weapon on every map is my silenced P90, and I own with it. I just prestiged so I dont have it right now, but I did notice the Juggernauts. They were murderering me on Shipment, so I started adding double tap to my p90. Seems to help.
    test
  15. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

55 kills in TDM 6v6 on countdown i think.....30+ kills isn't that hard, rippy....me and awak were averagin that per game when we played.....easily

(i haven't played in months...this was from games release to february of this year)
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I know I've got over 30 too, but I never ever ever ever play deathmatch games anymore. Aside from them boring me, you earn alot more XP playing Headquarters or SND. Dont you get 10 points for a kill in TDM? If so thats 550 points...and I find that very very hard to believe, unless the other team and your team are both incompetent blithering imbeciles.
    test
  17. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

i was on point that game....i was a beast when i played though....for about a month it was 40+ easily on my best maps (countdown, bog, district, vacant and one other i forget the name of) my team sucked....other team wasn't great or anything....we won the game, too....that's all that really mattered.....xp really didn't matter to me...i was just playin for fun....i wasn't into that prestige shit(i did get to prestige 6 through TDM only, though)
    test
  18. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

i've gotten over 30 before myself, but you kids are full of shit saying "it's common".

Unless you're playing PC or PS3. Then I understand. You're not getting 30 kills on TDM these days "commonly". If you are, you're exploiting something in the game.

As much as I play...which is every night, there is very rarely anyone over 30 in TDM, unless it's in WetWork from constant grenades or Vacant.

and F anyone using a p90. Hate how every kid on the game now uses a little machine gun, and runs/jumps all over the place. Shit is gay.
    test
  19. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

If you averaged that, your K2D ratio would be like 5:1 probably lmao, and I've never seen anything like that.

again - specifying which system you play on is important too.

people with both versions (ps3 and xbox) say they lead the boards on PS3 all the time while they stay in the middle on xbox.

All the vids I find of high ass kills are on Headquarters. None on TDM...

Which makes sense, because you get 10 pts per kill. If you guys were getting 30 on average, you'd score half the entire team's points. Highly doubtful. Every now and then? Ok. I was averaging mid 20's before switching gamertags, but was always at the top of the boards. Still, the team leaders are usually in the 20s.
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Yeah, you can really rack them up in headquarters. Anyway, my new thing is going to be Overkill with M16 and P90. I do love the P90 though...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.