I no longer understand what the f-ck is going on.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Sakim Aerias, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHATTHEFUCK

WHATTHEFUCK Member

I'm not saying you're bad, you're far from it.. But you're just lacking that wow factor.

I've seen a few of your battles, but none were really memorable.
    test
  2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Pipe Buster

I didn't know Solaris = Dallas.

I came in to say you suck, never heard of you....

BUT I've been impressed w/ what I saw at NoCoast, hopefully get to see more.

***Edit, IDK if this has been said, but self-branding = skill nowadays. look at Ars.
    test
  3. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Uno Lavoz is a perfect example of what I was talking about. The dude would travel everywhere to build up his name. If you look at his early battles, he was battling all over, even traveling to battle in Assault and Battling. He battled in the Draft and every Grind Time division in the East. I wouldn't be surprised if the battled in DF and KOTD on his own dime.

Now he's got views and a fan base and not only does it seem like KOTD and DF are happy to have him at their events, I wouldn't be surprised if they paid for his flights out or at least helped with that.

Say what you want about his skills or approach, he has personality, he shows improvement, and people are checking for his battles, it's more than you can say for most up and comers so all those things make for why he's getting the opportunities he is right now.
    test
  4. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

you got bodied by Mike Flamez and lost money to him
    test
  5. IKNOWALL

you have not been humble at all btw? Why the fuck are you battling in the first place? whats the reason for it?
    test
  6. XTHESPIDERx

XTHESPIDERx New Member

:surf:
    test
  7. xghamdix

xghamdix Well-Known Member

Why is it so important for some to be a "battle rapper"? Seriously, I don't get it. You've done your part and got the responses you've got. At some point you need to realize this is not for you, it's ok to just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is there is nothing wrong with being just a fan.

Grown men shouldn't get emotional over shit that doesn't matter at all and if the thing you're looking for is respect, trust me you're doing it wrong.
    test
  8. IKNOWALL

Right I always ask the guy why he is battling he never has an answer
    test
  9. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

You're not terrible you're just not great at any 1 thing.. You have good but not great bars & you aren't killing your performances on some Bill Collector shit, & you can rap but you aren't outrapping people like Ars.. You need to find whatever your biggest strength is & be as over the top with it as you can.. & of course do something to get your name out there.. Someone like you would be a perfect case study to see how marketing could change a career
    test
  10. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

I stopped taking you serious at the crime statistic, unless you were referring to living in Detroit, Akron ain't even top 8 most dangerous in Ohio.

1. Youngstown
    2. Cleveland
    3. Cincy
    4. Dayton
    5. Toledo
    6. Columbus
    7. Lorain
    8. Canton

To be honest, Akron ain't shit. And that's something you should be proud of.

As a battler, I fuck with your skills, but you got a ways to go with your image. Honest opinion.
    test
  11. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

the Nasty Nati gets its in tbh

:cheesin:
    test
  12. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

Thanks for the response. Everyone else who had negative shit to say haaaaaa you dont know me and u talkin reckless. You get no response from me. Anyways Get ready for some new shit
    test
  13. My Name Is Gob

My Name Is Gob $3,000 Suit, Cmon...

Your style seems very derivative and calculated. You're good at rapping and have a pretty good pengame but your performance seems unnatural. You emulate what others have done and you seem to do it well but there isn't anything that's really unique about you. Using Caustic as an example, that dude genuinely comes across as an asshole in his battles (I mean that in a good way). When he gets aggressive and in someone's face you get the impression that he hates them and wants to shit on their life. When you do the same I can't help but think that you thought "it would look cool if I did this hand motion and said the words like this".

Maybe this shit just ain't for you.
    test
  14. Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring Active Member

Um.....

Bitch ass nigguh.
    test
  15. hindurock

hindurock Well-Known Member

Shit better than my resume that's for sure.

My biggest names are thousand and Absyrd. =/
    test
  16. HaliDazed

HaliDazed Hot Sauce Connoisseur

Yeah, but you almost had the opportunity to battle KOTD's golden child/resident badboy/super gangsta, extraordinary douchebag
    MR. Manik 1derful!!!
    test
  17. MattLee

MattLee New Member

yo... wtf? people battle for acceptance and not for marketing themselves?
    test
  18. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Your cool and all that but nothing really stands out about u when i watch u battle. Battling now days seems to be more about presence, presentation and showmanship and less on the actual content . If it wasnt for your impressions i wouldnt even know who you were. Not tryin to be a cunt btw.
    test
  19. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Let me stop you right there.

You've been battling for 10 years now. Probably a good portion of your adult life. You've lived through a series of manifestations of the culture, competed in a variety of leagues, tournaments, formats, evolved as a performer and consistently attempted to adapt to the criticism given to you. Despite all of that, 10 years later, very few people who follow this culture believe you to be worth watching.

Dude, at a certain point, it has to become clear to you that the problem here is not the fans being unappreciative, or leagues not setting you up with good matches ... the problem is that you are not a very good battle rapper.

There is no constructive criticism you can be given that will help you improve as a rapper. All of the potential things you could fix have likely been ironed out over the last 10 years. This is why you receive only hate - people don't know what to say other than "well, you're not very good at this."

Don't worry man, it's not your fault. You just aren't naturally talented in the ways that would make you a good battle rapper. You'll probably be much happier with your life the sooner you realize that and stop trying.

This isn't meant to be hateful, just honest.
    test
  20. Clowd9yne

Clowd9yne KARNAGE

lmao...yo niggaz be catchin feelings off this battle rap shit...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.