I no longer understand what the f-ck is going on.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Sakim Aerias, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

Well, lets just turn this into a "Let Dallas do a KOTD FC GZ battle" thread. I don't see how G4 gets a battle and you don't :jaydamn:
    test
  2. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I didn't even know who was in #GEEKSQUAD. You guys need to up your visibility if it's going to be a benefit in battling. Make some blogs or something. Post some crazy cyphers of you guys spitting your craziest bars.

It's always seemed weird to me that people make battle rap crews and then don't do much with it besides just naming their group of homies. If people made lots of music as a collective or had a reputation such as S.O.N.S. does for wordplay or whatever, then it can help everyone but if not, it kind of misses out on the potential of creating a collective.
    test
  3. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

Carter Deems(might get a WD3 battle)
    Mr Biscuit (who battled fresco and d-lor before me)
    G Souldier (battled Cash Eatin and T-Rex after me)

those 3 are on my resume...which only 2 of those battles are debatable. but yep you are right.
    test
  4. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

to be honest, i'd watch a battle between you and d-lor. yall got similar styles.

but he's probably scared... or balling out of control swinging donuts on a yaught in the estuary, one of the two
    test
  5. XQZapproved

XQZapproved Well-Known Member

serious question dallas, how come when people tell u they don't think you're good you flip out at them instead of considering opinions on both sides of the spectrum?
    test
  6. Sakim Aerias

lmfaoooooooooooo yeah lets try that...i may be lucky enough to get G4 myself.
    test
  7. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

That's basically what this thread was meant for. I know theres more to it, but it all revolves around you feeling like you deserve recognition/deserve to be mentioned when people talk about Fresh Coast GZ events (among other events). There are quite a few battlers who deserve it as much as you, but you just have to be persistent. Do you think anyone posted in a thread "Hey...Epic90Vah really needs a battle on this GZ card!"? No, he probably just asked Christian/Malathion (imo the best person to ask)/Lush on a good day, and threw a bit of bread around. I think it's $50?
    test
  8. Sakim Aerias

cause there is not a valid reason.

opinions also need to have a supporting statement as to why. either way its done in a way where its not jua...hey i don't like it. it comes with more aggression and blah

but who cares. and i dont flip i just type. i flip in battles.
    test
  9. Sakim Aerias

in my first post I hit up christian on here...he said post some links...I did and got ignored. yeah pretty much tells me I should have not even tried.
    test
  10. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

No...that's a fucking stupid way to interpret things. Just hit up Malathion or Christian again and be persistent. Why make a thread like this if you're just going to be negative? Fuck it, I'll hit up Malathion if you want me to.
    test
  11. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

SATURATION is the one word answer to the question

and with battle trends / league popularity your gonna have to pretty much start form scratch
    cause in most cats eyes No Coast or even GT battles (anymore) will not build you a rep to get big battles no matter how many of them you have

your gonna have to get a small name at KOTD Freschcoast and body them and then get a mid-tier name in Canada KOTD or a mid or upper mid tier name at KOTD FC (depending on your showing at first KOTD FC battle)

but its not gonna change unless you battle in KOTD

my advice: i think your dope and if you tweak your delivery and improve in that area , practice overall and improve performance you can get there
    test
  12. IngridCold

IngridCold Walking Bad

This is truth... your better than G4.
    Co-sign Dallas being good enough for GZ.
    test
  13. ecpresto

ecpresto Active Member

I think a major reason is the sheer amount of battlers to choose from. There are like 100+ active dudes right now, so whether or not you're named in a suggestions thread prob isn't the best measure of talent. Also, suggestions threads are generally shit anyway, just 20 page shitstorms with 500 different potential battles among the same top-tier dudes.

Its clear you've been grinding for a while now and it makes sense that you'd be frustrated by this point, but I think this is one of the best things you can be doing tbh. Nothing wrong with promoting yourself. Build some hype. Make us want to watch your shit. You can be one of the best writers in the world but it won't matter if no one is watching.

Hopefully you can get to Cali soon, you definitely deserve a bigger stage.
    test
  14. SuperNegger

SuperNegger Toe Tagger Type Negger

Dallas, you either have "it" or you don't. NO ONE is going to be able to tell you how to better your craft. That's for you to figure out, there is no one sentence or paragraph that is going to make you someone people want to see. You just come across so phony. I mean I'd rather hear Fresco gun bars any day all day then anything you've done to date, even though we all know he never touched a gun in his life. Again, you either have "it" or you don't. You are just noticing you are someone that doesn't have "it" when it comes to this battle shit, or at least not yet.

You over hype others and cock ride on camera so hard it comes across very bad.(see Rex vs G Solider or Real Deal vs Ron or any other battle you were at)

You going into others threads, like the Caustic that just dropped. And drop shit on THEIR thread because you have video game bars for days, more then Caustic? Like wtf man, praise someone instead of crying out about people not seeing who you are as a battler. We've all seen a shit ton of battles, there is just something, unfortunately for you, that most of us don't like about how you battle/conduct yourself.

There's more but I'm done.
    :omosalute:
    test
  15. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

"I live in one of the most dangerous cities in the world... top 20. in a area where 6 times out of 10 someone gets shot up at. "

what does this mean exactly...like if you walked down the street 10 times, you would get shot up 6 times?

and sorry you feel slept on, its quite difficult to get recognition and props when battle rapping
    test
  16. Jizzurrection

Jizzurrection College Educated

Sounds like a good reason to not be a battle rapper
    test
  17. newfdizzle

newfdizzle New Member

Okay, so here is my feelings Dallas:

1) I think you're talented and I like what I've seen from you for the most part.

2) I think you underachieved by your own standards, not mine, in some of the battles where you could have earned some rep.

3) I think KOTD would gladly put you on a GZ card in any of the divisions, perhaps not against an opponent you feel like you deserve, but it would be the first step. KOTD does the tiers better than anybody, and knowing Organik and the staff.. if you walk into a Ground Zero card and tear it up, they generally reward those types of performances by setting up matches on a larger card. See: Yung Casper, Bulle, Step Easy... etc...

Speaking of guys like Step... he's a guy like you, criminally slept on... has had some bangers of performances... but because he's gone the humble route... taken no names, battled on shitty cards etc, he gets no love.... now he signed up for the grand prix and people are noticing that he goes pretty hard.... It's weird how battling works but that's unfortunately how it goes...

Don't look at Ground Zero as a big deal TBH... one of the best battlers in KOTD Toronto has primarily battled on GZ... "Luciano Crakk" ... and I don't even like him that much, but his pen game and schemes are pretty unquestionable.

One major major problem is that people expect you to be a certain way because of unfortunate stereotypes..... you're black... but you don't act like a URL rapper does, so people automatically are like... "lol this guy is black, he can't rap like that and succeed"... it's pathetic.... because people judge you before they even listen based on stupid criteria. It's no different than people constantly saying "can x white battler make it on URL" .... lol question bothers me more than anything, I could name at least 10 white battlers who could body half of URL but people judge their ability to perform against URL rappers because they're white / dress different / whatever the case may be.

My best advice would be to start on a GZ card and body some fool who doesn't deserve you... then move up, or TBH... lets take a look at a Card like Carnage..... there was not a lot of depth to that card... underwhelming compared to some KOTD cards, but still a title contender match and some Grand PRIX matches.... etc... few big names... PH, saurus, Cane, Crakk etc..... badda bing badda boom... a guy like you could hit up Organik and probably make it on to a card like that because it would add some depth to a card that is lacking a bit... nam'sayin?

Keep doing your thing..... and I don't mean this in a bad way... but so far, from the times I've watched you.... the most memorable video is of you and Isaac doing impressions for 20 minutes, it was entertaining as fuck and you guys killed it, but the point is... I would much prefer to have the most memorable Dallas moment on youtube be you bodying some fool in the ring.... you're capable.

pz
    test
  18. Siege.

Siege. WHOOPSY DAISY

Just peeped a couple of your shits.. you got some good rebuttals, atleast the ones against mr infinity.. funny shit.. idk what to tell you though.. stick with it, keep trying to get as many battles as you can. keep writing. I'll start lookin out for u. lot of ppl tryin to get a name out there.. just be ruthless yo.. maybe try some of the joke bars a bit more.. idk tho
    test
  19. Sakim Aerias

Nope

I never knew I get picked out of a crowd of people for overreacting. im a battler i enjoy bars if you dont like it turn off your monitor and do something else. Who cares how i react in battles? i dont see people giving Ex-I and mindbender shit for doing it..but when I do it...oh yeah i guess I have to have a certain "status" to do things normal human beings do. I never drop Shit on anyone for being who they are...I love caustic's battles even made a thread stating he should have been on that vendetta card so their goes half your statement.

I don't come to your job and knock the dick out of your mouth and tell you how to suck it(pause) so how I "Conduct myself" on camera should not even matter...like I'm supposed to act a certain way? fall back.

Let's not get stupid here cause im sure you thought you had a point didn't you? right

Foh.
    test
  20. ecpresto

ecpresto Active Member

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.