I no longer understand what the f-ck is going on.

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Sakim Aerias, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

Dallas is that dude tbh. Forget whether or not I've watched your battles homie, but I'll peep you vs. Carter.

This thread raises an interesting point as far as oversaturation goes. I've realized that of the stickied battles I'm watching maybe half tops and there's tons of battles that don't even get stuck...with the volume of material coming out, a lot of which is mediocre, it seems like it'd be really difficult for an up-and-coming cat to get their name up without some unforeseen divine intervention shit (Trip's point about Ape/Pigsty is on point...their surroundings are advantageous to them).

Dallas, hopefully you can wind up with a Fresh Coast GZ battle, you certainly have the credentials to skip a PY. From there KOTD has a pretty good track record of advancing emcees based on merit (though its a double edged sword as staying shitty and not being named Charron usually ends up with you fading into obscurity. Shoutouts to OZ).

I normally don't fuck with this type of thread ftr, but Dallas did GT impersonations vol.1 and 2, so I'mma let it slide.
    test
  2. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

Get the fuck out now. what the fuck I look like fishing for compliments? im looking for advice.

people keep sayin

"oh well damn this is super dope i cant wait to see who u get next"

vs

"this made no sense blah blah blah" im open for real comments not just pats on the shoulder.

fuck outta here with that bullshit.
    test
  3. Automator

Automator Active Member

Because we've seen their battles.

tbh I've seen your name on here as poster but I never knew you battled. People talk about Charron, Uno Lavoz, Arsonal, whoever even if they hate them because those guys battle people that we're interested in watching so we inevitably wind up seeing them. if battle people RM doesn't know, RM will never watch you.
    test
  4. Sakim Aerias

thanks a lot...I'll keep trying but after a while something has got to give. thanks bro...I'd be willing to do a PY battle though. but if GZ is the motive then i will go.
    test
  5. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

you answered your own question

there's probably at least 20 or so known people in california, for example, that you could hang with, but since you dont have that backing by the in-crowd, or that blind support from the community, then its not gonna change

i'm being straight up, and its not exactly a compliment, to be real. says more about the biases, and the talent level relative to what passes for dope right now, if you ask me.

start a clique, imo
    test
  6. Sakim Aerias

point taken...most of my battles get swept under the rug after like 10 replies lol
    test
  7. ecpresto

ecpresto Active Member

I can't think of any reason Dallas wouldn't deserve a spot on most KOTD:FC cards.
    test
  8. IngridCold

IngridCold Walking Bad

I'd def say your one of those guys who gets un-deserved amounts of hate.
    I watch your battles.
    You can actually free pretty well and you do have bars.
    I would just really focus on coming up with those heavy lines.
    Maybe think less about the packaging of the particular scheme.
    Less can be more sometimes.
    I thought you vs MD was gunna be a cool match up.
    test
  9. cheddah12

cheddah12 Well-Known Member

Lol dont be so sensitive! This shit just reminds me of those chicks on FB who post a picture of themselves then as the caption they put " I look ugly in this pic" You an alright battler tho, but if you doin it just to get the approval of rapmusic you should probably find another hobby
    test
  10. Sakim Aerias

ahh im in one #GEEKSQUAD

Issac
    Me
    Heir Jordan
    Mister Wilson
    12123PFD
    Type Z
    Charles Clark
    Distha Mf Baesik
    KO

and still though lmao but yes I feel what you are saying...just trying to do this on my own...but obviously I can't.
    test
  11. True Blood

True Blood New Member

Real talk no bullshit....steal a nigga cuz

write ur 3 hottest rounds then right before ending ur 3rd sneak the nigga for no reason ....i guarentee youll get automatic fame from both the punch and ur bars
    test
  12. Sakim Aerias

hey man it aint for the approval but I get your comparison.

I made a thread a year ago..saying who do I contact to go to fliptop? I literally was going to Pay my own way out there and battle...I will go anywhere to battle...the thing is...people just have to be willing to do it..but since im a nobody that is where the line is drawn.

Oh well seems like the only thing to do is to keep writing but I figured after my 7th battle I would see progression...nope!
    test
  13. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

damn, you wasnt lying when you named your team "geek squad"

nah, just playing, but a solid team does seriously help from what i've seen
    test
  14. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Oh man, I totally recognize your skill and respect your decade of service to hip-hop after reading that. Keep grinding, I'm sure all your effort hasn't been in vain.
    test
  15. Sakim Aerias

Wow! but wait...why are you all not saying this in the suggestion threads? how is anyone going to take me serious if no one requests to see me against anyone...

I look like a damn idiot nominating myself with no one else to look and go "Yeah get him against such and such" man i aint asking for top opponents but I at LEAST deserve to be on a GZ card.
    test
  16. Sakim Aerias

:ihadadream:
    test
  17. WillyDeLaMuerte

WillyDeLaMuerte New Member

Im going to watch as much of one of ur battles as i can handle and give u an honest reply
    test
  18. Sakim Aerias

im sure you will turn it off 30 sec into the first round.
    test
  19. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

You haven't battled anyone that a lot of people look out for, so of course nobody's gonna know you. The biggest guys you've battle are in the same category as you, good mid tier battlers but don't stand out. If you want to get noticed you have to battle somebody with a big name, I know it's not easy to get those battles, but that's pretty much the only way.
    test
  20. cheddah12

cheddah12 Well-Known Member

I aint mad at you bro, I've peeped your battles before. And im not tryna be a dick but cause you've had some nice solid bars before and shit but I honestly cant see you ever being more than a no coast battler and theres nothin wrong with that its a place for you to spit your shit and enjoy your hobby!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.