I need to start writing again

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Lost Prophet, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet 11/04/2000 - 06/19/2009

It's been several months since I've written any new material. What's the longest you've gone without writing anything?
    test
  2. lpoet

lpoet POET

before i came here i had went a long time prolly 2 3 months without writting....shit was kinda crazy in my life round that time.....seemed as if everything calmed down when i started writting again...i dont know what i'd do without poetry
    test
  3. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

shit the key is to never stop writing.. i started writing raps/poems round summer an aint stopped longest ive gone witout writing was probably 2-3 days!!! ok basically take any situation out of your life that stresses you or saddens you or makes you extremely happy, an write about it, if there is no such situation GO create one.. i mean write off some sort of emotion i think it depends on what level your at but it will either come back fully on the first piece or after a few pieces after that youll start elevating again.. however you can take long breaks an come back to writing like it wasnt shit if you learned from life & books in that break cuz all that did was create shit to write about for you, i dont believe talent is something you lose if you aint tryin to lose it.. ok an i jus realized you werent askin for help damn [funny]
    test
  4. Deficiency

Deficiency True Poetical Emcee

last school year when i was a junior in high school i didn't write poetry for a few months at all.. The only thing that I wrote was journal entries. But, during the past summer I started writing poetry again.. and started building myself up again. It's really hard to start up writing again once you quit for awhile.. It takes alot of time and dedication to build yourself up again.. but, it is possible because, I'm doing it right now. The reason why I didn't write for a few months last school year cuz i was too depressed.. and I was never in the right mindstate and didn't have no motivation to write.. But, now that time has gone by.. I am writing poetry again..
    test
  5. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Almost a year now. =/
    test
  6. Blunted Reality

Blunted Reality Still Blunted on Reality

test
  7. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

i haven't written anything for going on almost 5 months now...i haven't been writing like i used to for over a year now...its a bit sad...but i'm sure if i put some effort into it i could get back on track.
    test
  8. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

well i have only been writing for a year and poetry for 3 months, so in that time, the longest would be about a week..i cant be without it, its like therapy for me...
    test
  9. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

I'm on the same boat as you Lost Prophet.

I'm actually in the process of starting to write something..lol.
    test
  10. General Concrete

General Concrete the infamous

test
  11. Killa Ninjette

Killa Ninjette Juggalette 4 Lyfe

at least a few months, Other than that i try to write as much as possible. lol
    test
  12. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

I only go a few hours without writing. When I aint at work or chillin somewhere, damn, even then, umm...I go only so long without writing because it feels good to write...thats just me though...
    test
  13. augee.ali

augee.ali Lively Up Yourself...

I write on a whim so it doesn't really matter.
    test
  14. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

its been like 2 weeks every couple months that i just cant write
    test
  15. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

like 2 years started 16 then stoped then started 18 again but then 16 wasn't really poetry more for school and shit now at 17 1/2 is when i really got into it
    test
  16. Den-S

Den-S .:.The Chosen One.:.

no fuckin joke...late November 2002, I was at the lowest of lows, questioning who I was and what I stood for and all that shit...if I hadnt started writing, I honestly think I'd be dead right now...
    test
  17. marc antony

marc antony It's all about da ass....

i agree with TK... the key is to never stop writing...regardless of how much time you hav eto pursue it or whatever....the process is called FLUSHING...I think.....and its great if you're in a slump.....just write down anything that comes to mind......regardless of how bad or good or mixed or whatever it is........soon you'll be able to write whatever whenever,however.....the bad thing for me is that it doesnt last for long.....maybe a month.....or a couple of weeks...just dont stop tho......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.