I Need Post Production Help

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Anonymous4aReason, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Anonymous4aReason

Anonymous4aReason New Member

Before you continue, I know I posted this in the wrong place, but I can't figure out how to delete this post. So I guess I'll just leave it and make another post where it's supposed to be.

Anyways I recorded a couple verses for songs and my producer said he couldn't mix and master them because the tone, and at points volume is inconsistent. I was under the impression that nobody is perfect, and those inconsistencies would be corrected in the mixing and mastering stage, but he insists it must be fixed in the recording phase. Don't get me wrong, I made sure i fully prepared for the recordings. I wouldn't be surprised, but I still believe that it can be fixed in the mixing and mastering stage. I question his information because he only has mixing and mastering experience with an instrumental, and no experience with vocals.

So my question: do typical raw rap recordings have tonal and volume inconsistencies that are fixed in the mixing and mastering stage? Or are raw rap recordings required to be near perfect in that regard? What should me and my producer expect in a raw rap recordings before any mixing and mastering?
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    test
  2. coil grimely

coil grimely Tears textcees to tidbits

Essentially, Keys to a Good Master (& Post Production) is a Good Mix and Keys to a Good Mix is a Combination of Fundamental Applying of EQ's / Effects Atop of a Good Raw (initial) Recording.

Basically, Try Recording With a New Mic... If You Are Looking For Something Cost Friendly, Look For Something With Condenser Specifications
    test