I need help on pro tools mixing (m powered)

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by D.Scott, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Scott

D.Scott New Member

I got the microphone version....im great with cool edit with another mic........but now i cant seam to get my levels right bCuz i switched programs i got this pro tools shit and the mixin is weak...idk how or why....i got a great ear for music....i bought the best industry program u can have...i even went as far as 2 get a mic stand and a pop filter and the whole 9.....but im clueless on the mixin....i would appreciate any helps and tips u could give me....bCuz im really gone be a problem once i get some help....so fucc wit me
    test
  2. Money's Worth

Money's Worth 202 All Day

I dont see how your mixing is any different unless you just using presets in cool edit and expect the same presets to be there in m-powered. I use m-powered and basically bought a couple books w/ dvd tutorials and started from there. prior to that i was using CE way back in the day. Honestly either buy some books on mixing, mixing w/ protools LE/M-Powered or just find some tutorials online, bunch of stuff out there. Once you get the basics down and know what each effect is used for start playing around with it till u get the sound you want
    test
  3. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

Ok.. so here's the problem when taking the step to pro tools.. You have to do much more to get the same results.. Automatically things are going to be different because you are likely stepping up your A/D - D/A conversions.. Working in 24bit you're going to have a lot more control over the tonal balance of everything in pro tools versus CE / AA.. and so in turn the same ol teqniques that you're used to working automatically.. will need to be tweaked or changed.. in fact.. instead of the same CE process of presets you're used to.. every single mix will need very unique attention.. and that's what you want.. that's the purpose of stepping up your hardware..

Now.. that being said.. asking how to mix is like asking how to be a doctor.. not something that could ever be answered in one post.. Everything that I would suggest to you in this post is already in the "Mixing 101" Thread stickied at the top of audio help and tips.. take a look at that.. youtube as much as you can.. it's always better to have a visual reference.. spend more time learning why things work then you spend learning what works.. If you understand why something works.. you will understand what you need to do to make sure it works every time. Good luck.. make a request on the vide tutorial thread for anything more specific
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.