I need a mentor...

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by V E R B, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManMadeofAshes

ManMadeofAshes *DREAMER

I only contradict myself when you define words from your own perspective and not my own. Love poems are played because they are not honest. Its a bunch of sentimental drivel that people attempt to make "beautiful" Well love is not always beautiful, so if people wrote honest love poems that would be great. But the feeling of love is usually one sided when love itself is not. There in lies the problem, showing the illusion of one side and calling it love. Sorry no contradiction there. Tell me if you ever see a love poem that talks about the things they hate. That would be great. Also forward, when I talk you can't assume that I am generalizing as if to say.. this has been played for quite some time, and so it shall always be played. That is bullshit. Nothing is ever universal to such extremes. There is a majority, and I simply was warning him to keep clear until he developes a style that wont seem played the first time you read it. But yea.. if its what you honestly feel... write it down in a book and close it... hahah.. no.. maybe your right.. poetry is expression and you should be able to express yourself. There are ways to make love poems original, but judgeing my what the thread started said, he should not be focusing of something that difficult to tackle at this point. Just an opinion. ehh?
    test
  2. ManMadeofAshes

ManMadeofAshes *DREAMER

and I disagree with studying other "masters" fuck that shit. Times change, language changes. Impact based on delivery changes. Let the past go and move forward in your own fucking direction. That was how poetry was born!!!!
    test
  3. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

well I was able to take something from all that

thanks

I'm new to poetry myself but I've been writting rap songs for the past 6 years...now I wanna step it up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.